AKL question

AJPPGH

Mouseketeer
So we are staying at the Poly but I was thinking it might be nice to check out the AKL just to see what it is like and to maybe get dinner. Do you think that this is a worthwhile excursion? Is the time and/or hassle it would take to do this worth it? It just always seemed like a cool place but I don't want to expend vacation time doing something that is sonly o-so. Our last trip we checked out WL(ate at Whispering Canyon) and I didn't find it to be particularly worth it.

We are only going for 5 days and I have 2 boys ages 9 & 12 if that helps.

Oh- also, if we do decide to do this what is the best way to get there...leaving the Poly, TTC, a park , DTD ?

If you are only going for 5 days, I do not really think you will have time. If you really want to visit the AKL, (it is very cool) I would do it on a day that I was visiting Animal Kingdom park. I would get to the park in the morning and then leave at lunch to eat/visit AKL You can take the AKL resort bus from AK park. (The Mara is a very good counter service spot or Sanaa for table service- you can watch the animals while you eat!). After you eat, you can then explore the lodge. Then take the AK resort bus back to AK park for the remainder of your park day there. Then catch the Poly resort bus from the park back to the Poly. Note that Sanaa is located in Kidani Village and the Mara is located in Lodge. I think your boys will really enjoy it.

that is a great idea! I really dislike all food offerings at AK anyhow. How long is the bus ride from AK to AKL and do the buses run regularly?

You would not have to wait very long for a AKL resort bus at AK park to take you to AKL. The ride would be 5 minutes or so. It is really close. Sounds like a great break from the park that day!

Bus service between AK/AKL is very good. Another option would be to go to AKL at the end of your AK day then take bus from AKL to MK or Epcot and get back to Poly from one of those parks.

If you don't like AK food options you might not like Mara or Sanna any better.

thanks! I was watching the Mauro Family Disney thing last night and they went to Sanaa and it looked amazing! The housemade naans with all of the dipping sauces would be a meal for me right there! I think we may go there after AK and then take the bus to Downtown Disney from AKL as that is my plan for that night anyhow. So just skip going back to the Poly.

BOMA has wonderful food choices and is buffet so you can pick and choose. It is right in the lobby of AKL.

BOMA has wonderful food choices and is buffet so you can pick and choose. It is right in the lobby of AKL.

I agree. Boma is one of our favorites and is a must do for us every trip. We've had 2 great stays at AKL and it's a great resort. I think it's worth a visit :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter