• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL Pool ?

theaslip

Mouseketeer
How would you compare the AKL pool to the Volcano pool at the Poly. My son really enjoys the Volcano pool slide - I want to know if there is something comparable at the AKL. Any pics? Thanks!

The pool is nice and the area around the pool is great. The slide is not so great. About 1/10 the length and not very fun. Maybe good for little kids but nothing like the Volcano Pool at the Polynesian.

Steve

Thanks Steve - Good to hear from you again. I'm booked at the Poly (GV Conc) arriving next week. Couldn't get a LV Conc w/AP discount. I was toying with the idea of trying the AKL because of the rave reviews - I guess I will stick with the Poly - the pool is my 5-year old sons highlight of the trip.

How long are you staying? I would maybe try a few days over at the AKL. I am sure a 5 year old would still enjoy the ALK pool and slide and The animals are fun for kids and adults. I think our split stay with the AKL and the Polynesian was a great mix.

Aloha

Steve

The pool at AKL always looks dirty to me. I KNOW it is NOT dirty it just looks that way because of the color of the pool. The dull green color just does not look very appealing to me. The slide is small. I like the way the water flows over rocks and makes a very nice sound but it just does not WOW me the way most other pools at the resorts do. I love everything else about AKL and it is still one of my favorites but if its the pool you are going for I go somewhere else.

Hey theaslip,

We are doing that exact split. 4 nights at the Poly and then switching over to 5 nights at AKL. We're doing concierge at AKL. Was toying with the idea of concierge at the Poly, but we need 2 rooms and I'm not sure I can swing the LV Concierge rate. And, never having been to the poly, the lagoon view is really important to me.

Hi there...

I have some AKL pool pics, including the slide on my weblink below..

The slide was not that long or high - but still alot of fun for the kids (and adults too)

>>^..^<<

we really enjoyed the pool at AKL. the slide is not very big, but still fun for the small children. the pool is designed to look like a watering hole in the african savannah(thus the dirty look of the water). It is a "zero entry" pool, so it's really good for small children. where else can you look up and spot a giraffe from the pool? DW and I did think that disney missed an opportunity to design a really cool slide with possibly a pride rock theme or something dramatic like that. but we did enjoy it overall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter