• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL or Swan for June

KAYLI'S DAD

Mouseketeer
Im looking to book in June of this year and the DVC websites only have Saratoga available so I think Ive narrowed down to AKL or the Swan. Im Leaning towards Swan due to I don't want to ride the bus every time we go somewhere from the AKL. The cost is only $40 different.
Are there any pro or cons Im missing other than Swan isn't a Disney owned property?

The Swan also charges a resort fee. Last time we stayed there (March 2021), I think it was $29/night. Have you included this in the price?

Our last AKL stay was December 2021. AKL gives you a balcony, a wonderful lobby, lots of animals, and a relaxing pool. Bus service was inconsistent.

Swan gives you comfortable queen beds, a moderate walk to Epcot & Disney's Hollywood Studios, and a short walk to the Boardwalk, which is a mini Disney Springs at night. We did not use the bus at the Swan, since we only went to Epcot and DHS while there.

Both hotels are very nice. We consider the AKL to be Disney's best standalone hotel at WDW. Still, we also like the Swan and will be there again in a couple of months.

I suggest looking at online photos and going with the one that appeals to you more.

We were considering swan for our stay next year but decided to rent DVC instead. For us cost played a role, but also room/property theming as well. Depending on how you value that versus your time spent on buses you can go one way or the other.

We love the Swan. It's so close to EP/DHS, the restaurants are amazing and I love the new app they have - you can request housekeeping, order room service and chat with them for other service requests. We stayed there right before Christmas and I felt the service provided was excellent. It does feel a bit out of the Disney bubble, but for the service and convenience, it was worth it to us.

is the AKL room you are considering a savanna or standard view? i would pick a savanna view room at AKL over swan any day.

i've been to AKL twice and transportation isn't too bad. although you have to take a bus everywhere, the theming and overall vibe of AKL is honestly incomparable to swan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter