• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL or GF??? Need advice

jcbuild

Earning My Ears
This is long...sorry! Thanks in advance for your help!

The "Resorts" forum is down so I thought I'd ask here and hope for some help. I am planning a trip in November (9 days). 7 nights are arranged already (Sheraton Safari) through work. My husband is taking a class there and I will keep my one year old daughter and my two brothers (12 and 17) busy until he's out of class.

We have 2 nights at the end of the trip to either stay at the Sheraton or find somewhere else. I go back and forth between knowing it will be a pain to move our stuff somewhere new (although I plan on having a car rental) and thinking that we'll be ready for somewhere new and different by that time. I'm trying to be good and stick to somewhat of a budget and here are my choices for those two nights...Sheraton Safari $194, AKL $209 or GF $309.

I like the idea of AKL but do you think we'll be burned out on the African thing by then? And will the boys enjoy the GF?

What do you think of my itinerary? Its based around the Soap Opera weekend (I don't think I want to face the crowds with a stroller) and my husband's schedule and the things places wants to go and the fact that this is a last minute trip and I can't go crazy $$ wise. I only want to afford a 3-day hopper if possible and do other non-theme park things. We have gone to DL fairly recently and want to not go to MK?? is that sacrilege?

These are things my husband wants to do: Beach, Kennedy Space Center, MGM) He'll be in class from Sun - Thurs.

Fri - get in LATE! flying from CA.
Sat - Beach or kennedy space center?
Sun - Take kids by myself to AK
Mon - Veteran's day...suggestions? I was thinking Downtown Disney. Parks might be pretty crowded?
Tues - Resort/pool day
Wed - Islands of Adventure
Thurs - ??? Epcot?? Are my kids ages okay? I know its a wide age gap but..
Fri - MGM or beach
Sat - MGM or beach
Sun - We fly out at 5:00 pm. what do we have time to do???

We have time to throw in a waterpark or more time at the hotel pool but will it be warm enough??? I want to know whether to spend the money on a hopper plus or not.

Thanks for ANY feedback on ANY of these questions!!!

Sounds like fun to me!! The boys are old enough to be a great help but also be on their own together some too. I think it would be fun to go for the AKL or GF if it's in the budget for those last couple nights but not sure it is worth it if you are only going to do WDW stuff one of those days.
Weather should be fine to swim for your brothers in November but not sure about your baby. My DS swims in January but the air can be quite cool. Perhaps they could do this while you and your DD hang out somewhere for a couple hours.
I still think with hopper passes, I would at least hit MK if only for fanasty land for a couple hours. Babies change so much so fast and her reactions will be different that last trip or a future trip even only a couple months away. Maybe after AK you could hit MK and just do fanasty land while the boys hit the mountains.
I think you are right to avoid veterans day at the park.Also think the boys will love Islands, but not sure there is much there for a 1 year old. Sounds like you have some great ideas. Have fun with them.

Jordan's mom

My vote is for AKL...I saw it on travel channel and it looked so cool. We are staying YC in Sept but I think next trip its goning to be AKL. To me GF looks kind of stuffy and mostly for grown ups (guess Im not one:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter