• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL offer accepted…is this a decent deal or red flag? What title company should I use?

Ilovethemouse917

Earning My Ears
This is our first contract and it is a resale contract. It is for AKL with 250 points for 2023 on, and bank 28 points from 2022. It is for an August use year. It is $2191 in maintenance fees. I offered $103/pt and it was accepted. I expected negotiation but the seller accepted. Are there any red flags I should watch out for? It is with Fidelity and an international seller so I am hoping Disney let’s it pass. Thanks for any advice!

You put the title company in the offer, so you should already know the answer to this. If you change title companies, you have to resubmit to ROFR.

Double check all the paperwork you receive from them to make sure everything is stated as advertise, to include UY, points available for each year, home resort, etc. ROFR process should take care of finding anything owed/outstanding on the contract by the seller. Since it's Fidelity, triple check everything and take screenshots of the original listing since they tend to take them down after accepted so you have a source. They've been notorious for everything from minor errors on paperwork/contracts like names and addresses to sellers using points in listing being used for reservations (either by accident or whatever). If any issues arise, try and get the admin fee they charge refunded. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter