• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL - Jambo or Kidani?

berly1657

Mouseketeer
We will be arriving late in the afternoon and staying one night at AKL before our week at VB. We will have two 18 year olds and a 15 year old. What is the difference between the 2 areas?

We love pools and animals...

We will be arriving late in the afternoon and staying one night at AKL before our week at VB. We will have two 18 year olds and a 15 year old. What is the difference between the 2 areas?

We love pools and animals...

If you are booking a 1 bedroom or larger, the rooms at Kidani are bigger and have an extra bathroom.

Really for 1 night it wouldn't be a big difference...

Major differences are:

Jambo: Larger Pool & area around it, smaller slide.
Quick service restaurant---> Mara
Huge main atrium / lobby.
(2) TS restaurants.
Lounge area.
Main store near lobby is a lot bigger
2nd stop to get on buses for parks, 1st stop for DTD.

Kidani: Smaller pool area, with longer slide, and smaller kids water play area.
No quick service, but coffee & drink refill spot in store. in the lobby.
(1) TS restaurant.
Smaller Lobby.
1st stop to get on buses for all parks, 2nd for DTD.

I'm sure there are more that I'm missing but you get the gist of it..:thumbsup2 HTH

If you're looking for "the" AKL experience, go with Jambo.

My kids (19 & 16) and I prefer Kidani though:

• More peaceful.
  • No "people pens" in your view from the balcony.
  • Much easier to borrow a video at the store since it's a smaller setup with fewer shoppers.
  • The community Hall at Kidani has a pool table which kept 2 16yo boys well entertained for over an hour one evening. (Not positive, but I don't think there is a community hall at Jambo. It's been eons since we stayed there.)
  • The kids prefer the pool slide at Kidani

Kidani: Smaller pool area, with longer slide, and smaller kids water play area.

Just to clarify, the kids water play area is big and very nice. I think what DizDad means is it is for smaller kids - not that the area is smaller. When I first read it, I thought it was a comparison to Jambo.

If only one night, I would do Jambo and make a dinner reservation at Boma, the buffet style restaurant in Jambo. The pool and lobby are larger at Jambo and it has three restaurants including Boma and a counter service restaurant, Mara, that you can easily use in the morning for breakfast or coffee before you go. Kidani has only a sit down restaurant, Sanaa, which is not open in the morning. Animal viewing would be fine at either.

We have aged at both and enjoyed each. Both are unique in there own way. I found Jambo to have a more upbeat and lively atmosphere and Kidani to be more relaxing and laid back. I personally prefer Jambo to Kidani simply b/c there are more dining options

Just to clarify, the kids water play area is big and very nice. I think what DizDad means is it is for smaller kids - not that the area is smaller. When I first read it, I thought it was a comparison to Jambo.

:thumbsup2 Exactly what I meant..LoL Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter