AKL Jambo House Advice?

jsand99

Mouseketeer
We're checking in Friday at Jambo for our first stay at AKL and was wondering if anyone that has stayed there recently has any advice? Do the buses to the parks stop at Jambo first and then head to Kadani? How long have the bus lines and waits been at Jambo and would we be better off driving to the parks?

PreCOVID, park buses went Kidani to Jambo to out, and Disney Springs buses went Jambo to Kidani to out. They probably still do, but I don't know for sure. I just felt bad because nobody whose been there recently answered.

PreCOVID, park buses went Kidani to Jambo to out, and Disney Springs buses went Jambo to Kidani to out. They probably still do, but I don't know for sure. I just felt bad because nobody whose been there recently answered.
Thanks for the reply! If buses go to Kidani first, I guess it could be a longer wait for one at Jambo.

I thought Jambo House is closed? I can't access info about making reservations for December at any of the restuarants there.

The buses picked me up and took me straight to the park. I don't recall anyone being on the bus when it arrived, but I imagine it stopped at Kidani first. Getting dropped off from a park, the buses did stop at Kidani first. I was there over Labor Day weekend.

Jambo house being open is news to me! We are going over thanksgiving. Is there anything in the main portion open, pool/bar/restuarant wise?? I'm not looking forward to a week at AKL Kidani with 5 kids and only Saana for food choices.

Jambo house being open is news to me! We are going over thanksgiving. Is there anything in the main portion open, pool/bar/restuarant wise?? I'm not looking forward to a week at AKL Kidani with 5 kids and only Saana for food choices.
Right now the pool is open and pool bar started opening Friday/Saturday only with limited food options. Things are starting to pick up all over so I would imagine this is them slowly starting things back up. We don't have reservations until March so I hope to heavens Victoria Lounge is open by then....it is my husband's favorite and my kids love The Mara!

We were there in August. Only the 5th floor rooms and the pool are open at Jambo. No dining or shops. At Kidani, there is Sanaa, the pool bar, and the Johari shop has some foods. We ordered take-away from Ale House one night and Uno Pizzeria another.

I'm at jambo now, thinking about jsut driving over to HS tomorrow instead of waiting for bus

Was there a couple of weeks ago. Very quiet in the lobby area but the Christmas decorations are up and look wonderful. Pool is where the action is though with only DVC rooms open not a lot of people in the water. Music, games for the kids, pool bar in full swing.

I used the buses and had no problem whatsoever. Frequent and not at all crowded. Several were empty... could have been a first bus filled at Kidani and they sent another. Basic non issue.
No restaurants or stores so you need to have a plan for food. I had a full kitchen so ordered Instacart for the villa. You can always eat at parks, DS, off-site or get delivery. Just know that you need a plan.

I own at AKV so stay often... will be back in March. It was definitely a different experience but I loved the quiet... very relaxing trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter