AKL Buses

ajblbv

Mouseketeer
Hello, looks like my trip will be at AKL, and I was wondering how the buses were? When my sister and I took a trip there to see how the hotel looked our bus also went to Blizzard Beach, and it also seemed many of the other buses were Blizzard Beach/another destination as well. From your experience how is the bus service and how devoted is it to just round trip?

We were at AKL 4/25 - 5/2. The buses were strictly to/from AKL. There was usually very little wait time for the buses. I think maybe 5 min. tops. But the bus ride can be long because the resort is pretty far away from some areas. You'll love it at AKL! Enjoy!:)

Originally posted by ajblbv
Hello, looks like my trip will be at AKL, and I was wondering how the buses were? When my sister and I took a trip there to see how the hotel looked our bus also went to Blizzard Beach, and it also seemed many of the other buses were Blizzard Beach/another destination as well. From your experience how is the bus service and how devoted is it to just round trip?

Hi,

The all of the buses run directly from the AKL to a park. The only bus that stops at BB is the bus to MGM Studios. It is not a long ride at all. The bus ran from AKL to BB then to MGM and then the reverse on the way back. Obvisouly it only stops at BB during BB operating hours.

We spent a total of 15 days over two trips at the AKL during 2001 and had no issues with the bus service from the lodge.

AKL has excellent bus service. It's a pleasant ride to the parks so enjoy it!!:)

Love the AKL and can't wait to go back....Funny though, our longest wait for a bus was 20 minutes and guess to where? AK:( :rolleyes:

Another quick question.....are the buses from AKL packed quite often?? We were at POR 2 years ago and did an awful lot of standing including my children. Do these buses get just as crowded?? Thanks in Advance.

While we were there, they weren't too bad. However if you do try to catch it after parade/fireworks they were standing room only. Going in the morning they were about half to three quarters full. Never had an instance were we had to wait for a second bus.

I HATED the bus service at AKL. We were there THanksgiving week, and their excuse was that they weren't anticipating quite as many people. HOWEVER, we were told a month before that AKL was SOLD OUT for that week. Average wait was 30 minutes TO AND FROm the parks. It really was aweful!

I was pleasantly surprised at the bus service at CBR a couple of weeks ago. We waited for no more than 5 minutes!!!! EVER!

Holly

We were at the AKL over spring break. Our family goes to WDW about 3 times/year and I have NEVER been when the parks were this crowded. I overheard the drivers talking on the radios that they were unable to complete routes to resorts which shared service because they were full at the first stop (they were talking about Poly, GF and WL and Yacht, Beach and BW). I was very pleased with the AKL bus service. Sometimes we waited more than 20 min for a bus - but the parks were extremely crowded. In the am and at park closing, buses were SRO and there were two times when they had to leave people at the bus stop.

A couple of suggestions:

When you are at a bus stop that begins to get crowded, stand in the "line" no matter how comfy that bench looks/feels. Bus service is not first come, first served - it's every man for himself!

This one's a gamble, but if you check with the drivers in the am, you'll know for sure. Closing at EPCOT after Illuminations - there is a AK stop and a AKL stop. The bus stopped first at the AK stop and was basically full- which meant that most of the AKL guests waiting to go home had to wait another 20 min for the next bus. Next time, I'll ask if AK and AKL share service at park closing, and wait at the stop which is first in line for service. (Does this make sense??)

Overall, we had a great stay at AKL and plan to stay again in July.

We were just at the AKL in April. The longest we waited for a bus was 15 minutes in the 2 weeks we were there and that was only a few times. Most times we waited about 5-10 minutes.

The only bus that detours is the one to MGM and you stop at BB on the way there and back. The trip to MGM took about 15 minutes with the stop.

The onlky time the busses were crowded was at the park open and close the first week we were there. But that was Easter week and EVERYWHERE was mobbed. But even then we always got a seat. The next week the busses weren't crowded at all. But we always traveled at off-times, not at park open or close, too.

Have a great time!!! AKL is awesome!

We were at AKL in late April for 9 days and we never waited for more than 10 minutes for a bus. The only time the buses were packed were at night after the fireworks - we made sure we avoided those.

As other posters have said BB is a stop on the MGM bus. The buses to Epcot, AK & MK were all direct.

We did notice that bus lines going to POR from MK were horrific!

You will have a great time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter