AKL Balconies?

DG-12

Mouseketeer
Since the AKL is horseshoe shaped do you face other balconies? I love the idea of the balcony but looking at pictures of the resorts it seems like you would be very aware of all the balconnies around you? Are you?
Dana

Not really, to see the balcony across from yours clearly you would need binoculars. As to the balconies next to you, there are walls. If people are out on their balcony you can hear them talking but can't really see them. I'm pretty nosey LOL and I didn't notice anyone on the balcanies, I was too facinated with the animals. But there are warnings in your room about AKL having video cameras outside making sure nobody is feeding the animals etc and to close the drapes in your room, if you want privacy. LOL Wonder what they caught on tape!!!

If you are on the outside of the horseshoe, not facing Arusha savannah, it can be less private. These areas have a different shape. Here's a map http://wdwig.com/aklmap3.jpg

When we visited, Arusha savannah was closed. We looked at a few rooms and chose one all the way out on the end of zebra trail because it looked straight out. You couldn't see anything but savannah. It was really nice.

Hi

Merry Christmas to everybody. We were at the AKL in October, and we DID have one of those rooms on the outside of the horseshoe. We could look to our right and see the other rooms that ran off to the right, but it's not like they were that close. We were more focused on the animals. But like others have mentioned, if you are on the other side of the horseshoe I guess you don't see any other rooms at all. In our case, all of our requests were met for our room, and we were thrilled with it.

Michelle

we had an inside balcony & we didnt see any neighbors.

My husband and I were in room 5501 on the fifth floor of the Zebra trail a few weeks ago. The room to our right did have a wall between the balconies. However, the room to our left did not and there were several noisy and often unhappy children out on that balcony mornings and evenings. There was space between the balconies because we were the first room in our section but you could hear every whine out of the kids' mouths. In fact, there were times that they were out on the balcony and we were in our room and we could still hear them. Depending on your room, don't expect quiet and privacy on your balcony. The room was at a great location though - right next to the elevator that takes you directly to the pool and just a few steps from the food court and restaurants. We had a wonderful trip and loved the resort and the Savannah view. If the prices stay as great as they are at the AKL we will probably stay there on our next visit too.

In our horseshoe you can see right into the rooms on the other side. There was even a sign indicating something about people taking pictures and be sure to close your drapes. LOL

We had a room on the sunset savannah (somewhere in the 2210-2225 range).

DSC00972.jpg

this is the view from out balcony, not straight across but slightly more out into the main area

We could occasionally see someone out on there balcony, but for the most part everyone was watching the animals, not each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter