• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL a/c sensors

gizfish

We wants the redhead! Gives us the redhead!
I remember the last time we stayed at AKL, we woke up each night sweating since there was not enough motion to keep the a/c going at night. This was many years ago, so I am hoping AKL Jambo house no longer has the a/c motion sensors. Anyone know what the current situation with this is, and if there is a fix for overriding it?

Our Jambo villa had one last month. It would go below 68, but the motion needed activating, so we had to get up :(

Most of the resorts still have the sensors as far as I know. I don't think the overrides work but again that would be hotel-specific.

I've found the best thing to do is set it at 72. If I go lower, I'll snuggle under a blanket and then wake up sweating when the sensor turns it off and the temp goes back up. I also pack a small Vornado fan from home and shoot it at me all night.

I should’ve been clear that we didn’t want it set to 68. That is much too cold for us. The maintenance CM just noticed that the thermostat was previously overrode to go lower than that. It was quite hot/muggy outside, so 71 would’ve been nice, but kept defaulting to 72/73.

However, we had no sensor issue in our CL villa.

Worth noting?

IGNORE the temp readings on these thermostats. We are blessed with a Travel Clock with REAL temp reading.... a device that measures REAL room temperature.

WDW Thermostat "settings" are roughly 2-3 degrees F higher than real ambient temp (when set on cool). Want 70F? Set the dog at 67-68 F.

When we were at the Poly last May, we called and maintenance was able to come to the room and override the motion detector. I would bet that they can do it at AKL also.

Uggh, this will be a issue with my husband. No way is he going to have to stay in a room that the temp is not to his liking.

At AKL I never had problem with getting too hot, I use ceiling fan. I can’t understsnd why WDW hotels would have sensors so AC goes off at night in 90+ weather and 100% humidity? It’s nuts. And now when they refurb rooms they’re taking away ceiling fans :sad2:

Besides the AK ban on balloons, balloons don’t work on all of the sensors on property, because some of the sensors need to sense motion and heat (your body temp) They might work on some though

I was able to do the override at Movies last week when we were there because the room was getting hot. We were at AKL earlier this year but never had the issue so can’t remember of it was the same thermostat units. If they are, you can easily find the instructions online to override.

Call and ask maintenance to reset it so you can lower the temp. I have done this at AKL, BC, WL and YC. Tell them you want it that way for the length of your stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter