• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Akershus royal dining vs. CRT

hgr681

Earning My Ears
Hi, I have been unable to get a reservation for CRT but I have gotten one for Arkeshus- is the experience really that different?

Yes, but not in a bad way. I really enjoy Akershus for breakfast, and have always found that the interactions are wonderful. My girls loved the Princess Parade a lot.

I will not deny that the atmosphere in CInderella Castle is pretty darn sweet, but it is really a noisy meal. Akershus is in a lovely Castle, and you get to meet Belle, (usually) who is not an easy M&G lately. I also found that when CIndy is in the House, you get a nice interaction with her as well.

That's good to know! My daughter loves belle so that would be great! I read some reviews that dinner isn't great. Any comments on the food?

We did this last week. I had the meatballs, which were ok. My dh had the seafood "soup" which he did not particularly like. It was more like a bunch of seafood in a creamy sauce. Ds had the potato filled pasta which he thought was so-so but which I really liked. One dd had the salmon, which was ok, and one dd had an adult sized portion of the mac and cheese from the kid's menu. The appetizer buffet has several smoked and poached fish, meat, and cheeses, along with a regular iceberg lettuce salad and some scandinavian salads. Dessert is 3 full sized desserts on one plate/3-4 people for sharing. They also have a nice selection of beer from that region, which was nice.

We normally eat at Akershus, last year I was able to score an ADR to CRT. Eating in the castle was amazing, and my kids loved that they got swords but I honestly prefer Akershus. I think the interactions are better at Akershus and I thought the food was better, although we did eat breakfast at Akershus and dinner at CRT but I really wasn't impressed with dinner at CRT. For the amount you are paying they sure as heck don't give you that much food, lol. Akershus is definitely a better value

We much prefer Akershus. We find CRT rushed and the character handlers not all pleasant. You don't really want to be asked in earshot of your little girl "have you had all the princesses yet". The app course at Akershus is a lovely selection of seafood and cheese much better than the pre-plated meal from CRT (which apparently is brought into the kitchen pre-plated so no changes allowed).

I have never been to CRT but we went to Akershus last year and loved it. DD was two and the princesses were wonderful with her, taking plenty of time. We enjoyed both the family-style "American" breakfast foods as well as sampling Scandanavian foods from the buffet. We did not feel as though we were missing out at all.

We were also there for a pe-opening ADR, which was beautiful and quiet on our walk through Epcot, and it was Mothers Day so all the moms got a flower. That was special.

Also, on DDP, Akershus is one credit and a great value. CRT is two credits which slightly diminishes the value of each credit. I know not everyone thinks this way, but I can't help it.

That's good to know! My daughter loves belle so that would be great! I read some reviews that dinner isn't great. Any comments on the food?

I have only had breakfast, so I cannot comment on any other meal. My family likes to get into the park early once in a while and the girls love breakfast food so for Akershus we always choose an early time.

For food, we prefer Akershus for lunch or dinner and CRT for breakfast...princess interaction is about the same at both...service varies at both...both meals can take a while and we've never felt rushed at either...so, really the only major difference is setting (well, and cost). I prefer the setting of the castle and think it's superior to Norway, but beyond that...it's pretty even.

We all liked it. I had thr salmon, bff had the ravioli and DH the mewtballs and no complaints. The kids had meatballs and pizza. I loved the cold bar and would go back just for that.

The experiences are a bit different, but we enjoy both of them! I agree the interaction was better at Akershus but there is something magical and "pure Disney" about CRT. Akershus is only one credit and easier to get a reservation for. I went with CRT for my next trip but I would do Akershus again too without hesitation!

I have two boys so keep that in mind :) All our Princess meals have been solely for me! We did Akershus lunch in 2010 and 2013 and enjoyed both the food and character interaction both times. Youngest DS enjoyed meeting the Princesses at the ages he was those years. I honestly can't remember what we all ate, but I know I had the meatballs both times and liked them.

We just did CRT for the first time last Nov. We did breakfast. The food was fine although it isn't a lot of food. While I was thrilled Merida was filling in for Aurora that day (we've met Aurora countless times over the years but this was only my 2nd time meeting Merida) and most of the Princesses were great and did their best to engage my slightly older boys, I have to say I think I prefer Akershus even though it's been a few years now since we've been.

I think your DD will be happy at Akershus as far as the Princesses and hopefully you'll enjoy your meals!

After our recent CRT experience, I don't think I'll be back there for a while. The food wasn't good, the service was slow, and the princesses were very rushed all after not being seated until 45mins past our ADR time. I found the food at Akershus to be much better and the character interactions weren't as rushed. DD loved both "Castles" and she was happy meeting Princesses anywhere she could.

Without factoring in cost it is debatable. If cost matters Akershus wins for sure

I ate dinner there almost 2 years ago, and thought it was excellent. First my party and I were able to pick some appetizer like items, cold and hot from a buffet, and then we ordered entrees for our main meal. The character interactions were also wonderful! When I was there I saw Belle in the front and inside I got visits from Ariel, Cinderella, Snow White and Aurora. I would do this experience again in a heartbeat. I definitely recommend. And since it is also cheaper then CRT, that is also a great plus.

Never had dinner at CRT or Akershus, but had breakfast at both and Akershus is the winner for us. They were both very different experiences.. we won't be back to CRT, but we loved Akershus! Our meal was so rushed at CRT and the portions were small, princesses were rushed, and we just felt it was waste of 2 TS credits. Akershus is a much better value to us. We love the food- great buffet options and the hot foods were really good! Princesses weren't rushed and the whole meal wasn't rushed, so we really enjoyed it. We booked breakfast there again for this years trip. Akershus is cheaper and only 1 TS credit on the ddp.. way better for that alone. We still enjoyed the atmosphere without being in the castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter