(AKA toliet seat cover debate thread) Top ten products to take to Disney

pw2pp said:
I prefer to line the toilet seat with toilet paper (double strips of course) but I have no objection to other's using toilet seat covers if they want. :)
What I can't stand are the "squatters" who make a mess all over the toilet and floor. :sad2:

Love your Charlie stuff!

I can't stans squaters either. Please use a toliet seat cover instead people.

Maybe if everyone used Toliet seat covers (TSC) we wouldn't need to use TSC's!? :wave2:

Great thread. I'm going to print it out before I pack. I'll be there in 3 weeks, leaving in 18 days!!!!

And I agree with the TSC folks.......they're cheap, easy to pack & carry & for the 1 out of 10 times I need them, I have them.

1. DH :teeth:
2. Granola bars for breakfast
3. Binder with trip info
4. Shout wipes
5. Sunscreen for before parks :sunny:
6. Small screen stick to carry and reapply
7. Extra camera battery
8. Lots of film
9. Change for tolls (skipped on one once :guilty: )
10. Cell phone (avoiding the Disney charge)

And, a week before I leave, I spray bags and shoes with water repellent just in case of Kali or unexpected spills. :umbrella:

:earsgirl: :earsboy:

being from UK, lots!

1) DH - he would never forgive me if i went without him :goodvibes
2) sunnies - suncreen in towel for esp for babies and people like me who go "crisp" very quickly (factor 50+)
3) Ice wipes - wet wipe tissues that leave you feeling chilled, even better if you leave them in the fridge over night, good to stop overheating
4)mini fan
5) Travellers cheques
6) pins
7) aloe vera gel - great for heat rash, sore spots, sun burn
8) Comfy shoes
9) a cardy - the restaurants are always too cold in the evenings ;)
10) Kris n stitch - our teddy bears! :rotfl2:

We don't have TSC in any of our rest rooms so to use or not doesn't become an issue. What is appearing more often are little spray containers that you squirt onto a piece of toilet roll and use that to wipe the seat before us.
Supposed to be more enviromentally friendly as it uses less paper

Toni
[image noborder]http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/2382mDZO6/413625.jpg[/image]

Enjoyed the lists so much that I put together one from all of them. My list is useful to a non-techie, non-camera type like me.

Thanks for all the tips. My DD and I leave in three weeks!! :cheer2:

1. Purell
2. Rain ponchos
4. Wipes
5. Water bottles drink flavor packets
6. Etch a sketch
7. First aid kit
8. Sunscreen
9. DISPOSABLE CAMERAS
10. SHARPIES
11. ZIPLOCK BAGS
12. Sunglasses
13. Moleskin
14. Advil
15. Cell phone
16. Confirmation numbers
17. Extra socks
18. Benadryl
19. Refillable mugs
20. Lip balm with sun screen
21. Candle for the room
22. Small cereal packs
23. Backpack
24. Money
25. Jacket
26. COMFORTABLE FOOTWEAR
27. ID
28. Spare contacts, lens solution, small mirror
29. Antacid
30. Excedrin
31. Over-the-door shoe rack to keep toiletries organized and off the sink
32. Corkscrew
33. Singles for tips
34. Gum, snacks & pop tarts
35. Clorox Antibacterial wipes
36. Granola Bars or some other portable snack
37. Night light for hotel room
38. Meds and a couple of bandages
39. Travel sewing kit
40. Tweezers and fold up scissors
41. Mesh Laundry Bag for Dirty Laundry

I'm pretty sure the squatters must smell like pee-if you're hitting the seat and the floor, you're hitting your shorts, socks, undies and shoes, too!

gross, gross, gross.

Your genitals are not coming in contact with the seat, just your skin!

Man, if the tag fairy reads this I'm dead meat.

I get the heebbee jeebees thinking about the hotel beds. I was wondering can I bring a can of lysol on the plane? Or would something like that be a safety concern? I really want to sanitize the bed before I sleep in it. Also, if I can get a small can of it, I would prefer to carry that with me, and disinfect the rides, :rotfl: and sinks!

I want to bring my own pillows too, but, I don't know if they are counted as carry-on :confused3 :confused3

Francisca64 said:
Enjoyed the lists so much that I put together one from all of them. My list is useful to a non-techie, non-camera type like me.

Thanks for all the tips. My DD and I leave in three weeks!! :cheer2:

1. Purell
2. Rain ponchos
4. Wipes
5. Water bottles drink flavor packets
6. Etch a sketch
7. First aid kit
8. Sunscreen
9. DISPOSABLE CAMERAS
10. SHARPIES
11. ZIPLOCK BAGS
12. Sunglasses
13. Moleskin
14. Advil
15. Cell phone
16. Confirmation numbers
17. Extra socks
18. Benadryl
19. Refillable mugs
20. Lip balm with sun screen
21. Candle for the room
22. Small cereal packs
23. Backpack
24. Money
25. Jacket
26. COMFORTABLE FOOTWEAR
27. ID
28. Spare contacts, lens solution, small mirror
29. Antacid
30. Excedrin
31. Over-the-door shoe rack to keep toiletries organized and off the sink
32. Corkscrew
33. Singles for tips
34. Gum, snacks & pop tarts
35. Clorox Antibacterial wipes
36. Granola Bars or some other portable snack
37. Night light for hotel room
38. Meds and a couple of bandages
39. Travel sewing kit
40. Tweezers and fold up scissors
41. Mesh Laundry Bag for Dirty Laundry[/QUOTE

Thanks for putting this together! :teeth:

Great thread! Just what I was looking for. One question:

10. Anything they have at the dollar store that you'd othewise pay big bucks for. onsite

This is our first trip, so I'd love to hear specifically what I should be looking for at the dollar store.

Those light up glow sticks. I always stock up.

Last time I went to Target they had them too and they were a dollar!

raksha2 said:
being from UK, lots!

3) Ice wipes - wet wipe tissues that leave you feeling chilled, even better if you leave them in the fridge over night, good to stop overheating

Toni
[image noborder]http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/2382mDZO6/413625.jpg[/image]

These sound interesting! Does anyone know if we have anything similar in the US? My son has alot of problems with overheating. We tried those wet neckbands, but they didn't work well for him. Whenever we go outside I bring a wet washcloth to wipe him down.
Great tips everyone!

I just remembered this idea while at the grocery store this weekend - Disney fruit snacks - Princesses, Toy Story, Pooh, and Lion King. I don't have any kids, but I still carry a couple packages with me. They are relatively okay for you (better than some of the snacks in the parks), they are easy to carry, and you still get the Disney experience with each bite. :sunny:

My local supermarket had Mickey Mouse gummies! And they are really tasty. They also had Pooh & Nemo gummies as well. Fun snack to take along.

The SS Girls said:
I get the heebbee jeebees thinking about the hotel beds. I was wondering can I bring a can of lysol on the plane? Or would something like that be a safety concern? I really want to sanitize the bed before I sleep in it.

Wouldn't the effects of thelysol fumes and chemicals in your bed be just as potentially damaging as any "natural" germs that might linger after laundry and mousekeeping were through???? :confused3

pw2pp said:
I prefer to line the toilet seat with toilet paper (double strips of course) but I have no objection to other's using toilet seat covers if they want. :)
What I can't stand are the "squatters" who make a mess all over the toilet and floor. :sad2:

I agree with the mess on the seat!! I once read a quote in a bathroom stall that said "If you sprinkle when you tinkle, please be a sweetie and wipe the seatie!" :rotfl2: I just love that one. Not to get off the topic though. However, I gues that this is the new topic of the thread :rotfl: . Thanks to everyone for all the ideas. I just have to ask what packing cubes are? I don't know if it was answered and I missed, so I apologize for reasking then.

1. PassPorter Book............. contains all of my notes for trip!
2. Sneakers...................... 2 extra-cushy pairs, switch off when feet hurt
3. Film............................. 12 Rolls plus camera battery
4. Ziplocs......................... gallon size
5. Sunscreen..................... um, it's Florida!
6. Hats and Sunglasses....... for everyone
7. Clear Poncho................. to cover stroller during rain
8. Small Towel................... to dry stroller and anything else
9. Small Messenger Bag....... holds everything, with room to spare
less cumbersome than backpack
10. Disney Items.................. buy ahead at Disney Store, Wal-Mart
cheap way to surprise kids with souveniers

1 Credit Cards
2 ID
3 Hand Sanitizer
4 Sunscreen Stick
5 Sunglasses
6 Stroller
7 Camera
8 Camera Batteries
9 Mini First Aid Kit
10 H20

These are packing cubes. I don't own any but wanted to know what they were too. Found this pic on Amazon.

B00007AP6V.01-A2Q0ARZLO9COOL._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

packing cubes - a way of organising your packing supposedly

takes up more room in your suitcases and more weight (very important when flying internationally) and makes your wallet lighter, lots lighter

Toni

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter