AK to Epcot..car or no car?

npoon

Mouseketeer
I plan on going to animal kingdom in the morning and epcot in the evening. My resort offers shuttle service to epcot only. If the parking fee wasn't the issue, do i take my car or not? would it be more efficient? If I pay for parking at AK, will I have to pay again at epcot? I have a really old AAA diamond parking pass (atleast 10 years old) do you think they will still honor it?

I plan on going to animal kingdom in the morning and epcot in the evening. My resort offers shuttle service to epcot only. If the parking fee wasn't the issue,

1- do i take my car or not?

2- would it be more efficient?

3- If I pay for parking at AK, will I have to pay again at epcot?

4- I have a really old AAA diamond parking pass (atleast 10 years old) do you think they will still honor it?

1- You can, if you like.
There are also free, direct buses running all day
both ways between Epcot and DAK.

2- Yes, it can be.

3- Nope. Pay only once per day.

4- I have no idea, but it does not "pay" for parking.
It just allows parking in a section of the lot closer to the gates.

Although I rely solely on Disney transportation when staying on-site, if I were staying off-site I would drive. I have never heard of anyone who was completely happy with an off-site shuttle.

We always take our car to any park we visit. We avoid Disney transportation as it's slow and we'll lose half a day, or more, on the bus during the duration of our entire visit. We've previously used the handicap/diamond parking (two different trips) and hated having to walk to/from the parking lot. I prefer using the tram service to at least get me to the gate or as close to is as possible. I'd definitely do the car. Of course staying on-property would assist you in avoiding the parking lot fee.

I would drive. The convenience of being able to leave when you want and not having to wait would be worth more then $15 to me. I have always found there will be somebody who will push their way in front of you and take the last seat.

We drive whether we stay on or off-site. When we're on-site and have no access to monorail then we're in the car. I can't deal with public transportation, but that's my preference.

I love Disney transportation (yes, I do love the buses. Makes me truly feel like I'm in Disney when I don't need to care about driving anywhere), but in your situation staying offsite, then I would drive.

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter