AK still full day?

Everyone has different ideas of what vacation is. I love going to the parks, but our summer trips always consist of pool time. Sure, I can swim in my own pool at home, but my pool isn't a Disney pool. lol
Oh I totally understand that. Just if I’m going to aim for a pool vacation I can do that at nicer pools for less money. I just wouldn’t pay 475(ish) a day for 3-5 hours in a park. Like I said, if I had an AP and could spend 10 days or more a year there I’d totally do less park time.

Half day for us. Just Pandora, safari and EE for us now that the shows are closed.

Now if they add an attraction for Raya and the last dragon I would stay all day. Love that movie!

We were there at the of January, and did every ride (including it's tough to be a bug) by 10:30am. Maybe with bigger crowds it takes longer. We didn't hike any of the trails. We ate at flame tree and then left.

We usually skip AK unless we go with friends or family...

I could see that with an AP and going multiple trips per year. But for $1800 for 4 days for my family of 4, you better believe we're not spending those days at the pool or napping. I can do that at home for free.

You're a commando! Love it ! :) Keep the beer flowing!

We will find out in April.
Even if LoTLK and Nemo are closed, I think it will be a full day for us.
We love walking the trails and try to ride the safari several times as each time is different.
I suspect we will spend more time in line with no FP.

We will find out in April.
Even if LoTLK and Nemo are closed, I think it will be a full day for us.
We love walking the trails and try to ride the safari several times as each time is different.
I suspect we will spend more time in line with no FP.

Might I suggest a different experience? It costs more money, but "Caring for Giants" was pretty good. We haven't done the Rhino thing, but it's something that I would love.

Might I suggest a different experience? It costs more money, but "Caring for Giants" was pretty good. We haven't done the Rhino thing, but it's something that I would love.
Is that back? I've read reports from people who did that and loved it!

It's usually a 2/3 to 3/4 day for us. We enjoy doing the walking trails and the bird show, in addition to the rides. We also enjoy taking time to eat a leisurely lunch and enjoy the surroundings.

It was definitely not a full day for us in August. And we went down all the trails and stuff that we sometimes skip. But the longest we saw the line for FOP that day was 15 minutes. Now that it’s busier and you can’t just blow through all the lines it might be closer to a full day. But we left at 2 after doing FOP and Navi 4 times each and all the other rides once.

In October we were one of the first people in and had rode all the rides we wanted to by like 11am.

I think AK is definitely one of those parks that you either really enjoy or could skip it depending on your perspective. Does it have less things to do? Absolutley. But for me this just means I can tackle it at a much more leisurely pace, I’ll probably get to do everything I want, and I will still have energy left at the end of my day. If you rush around and just do the rides then it’s only going to take a couple of hours. If you slow down and enjoy the scenery there is plenty to do in a day. One thing I didn’t see mentioned is the animation classes at rafikis planet watch. I’ve never done one but I’ve seen videos of it and it looks like a neat experience. It takes 30-45 minutes I believe.

Honestly, DH and I could spend multiple days at AK, even without the shows, the safari ride as well as the trails are quite worthwhile. But everyone has their own opinion.

I easily spend a full day there. In addition to riding all the attractions, I love to walk all the trails. So peaceful since not too many people walk certain ones.

When they had the shows I couldn't fit everything in that I wanted to do. But then I like to take my time and relax going through parks - not just power from one thing to another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter