AK Rope Drop for Rides Other than FoP

BalooHoo

Mouseketeer
I've read all of the information about the timing and procedures for getting to FoP at rope drop, and I appreciate all of the helpful posts. In particular, I know that they are opening FoP before the stated park opening time. Do they also open Na'vi River Journey early? What about rides in other lands like Asia or Africa?

On one morning, we would like to rope drop Na'vi on a day with 8am EMH. Will we be able to board the ride before 8am, or will we be held at the entrance to Na'vi until 8am even if FoP starts boarding before 8am?

Same question for Everest - as everyone is swarming toward Pandora before the 8am opening, will we be able to go all the way to Everest before 8am, or will we be held at Discovery Island or somewhere else until the official 8am opening?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

We were there for EMH in January. Everyone was allowed on Navi at the same time as FoP. I think we got on around 7:45 for Navi, we didn't do FoP at rope drop as we had FPs. For the second part, I'm not entirely certain as we went to Pandora first, but we couldn't ride Everest until the official 8am opening. We got to Everest right before 8am and we had to wait to ride until 8. Not sure if they were holding people at Discovery Island, but when we got there, there were only like 10 other people there.

They wouldn't let us ride the Safari until the official park opening time.

We were about in the the middle of the large crows waiting to go into Pandora. When they started letting us in we went right to Navi (slowly because of crowds) and got right on. It was a little after 8:00 when we were done. We enjoyed the ride more than we thought we would after reading so many negative reviews . Much better than the Frozen boat ride. I wouldn't wait a ton but I feel that way about all of the rides.

I've read all of the information about the timing and procedures for getting to FoP at rope drop, and I appreciate all of the helpful posts. In particular, I know that they are opening FoP before the stated park opening time. Do they also open Na'vi River Journey early? What about rides in other lands like Asia or Africa?

On one morning, we would like to rope drop Na'vi on a day with 8am EMH. Will we be able to board the ride before 8am, or will we be held at the entrance to Na'vi until 8am even if FoP starts boarding before 8am?

Same question for Everest - as everyone is swarming toward Pandora before the 8am opening, will we be able to go all the way to Everest before 8am, or will we be held at Discovery Island or somewhere else until the official 8am opening?

We went to AK on June 4 (last Monday). I think we arrived around 7:45 and people were already inside the park. They were scanning magic bands to make sure we were resort guest eligible for the EMH. We followed the crowds to Pandora and Na'vi River was a walk on so we rode it, we had FP for FOP later. Then we headed over to EE and rode it 3 times in a row with little to no wait.

We went to AK on March 2 when the park opened at 8 am (normal opening, no EMH). We showed up a little after 8 am because we had DAH the night before and we still walked right onto Navi. I don't think you necessarily have to even show up early to ride it. After walking on Navi, we traveled over to Everest and walked onto that 2 times in a row.

I just went to AK on Saturday with an 8 am EMH. We got on Navi at around 7:50. Then, we went straight over to Safari with a five minute wait. Next, we went straight to EE with a five minute wait time (rode it twice), and finally to Dinosaur with a five minute wait.

We went to AK on June 4 (last Monday). I think we arrived around 7:45 and people were already inside the park. They were scanning magic bands to make sure we were resort guest eligible for the EMH. We followed the crowds to Pandora and Na'vi River was a walk on so we rode it, we had FP for FOP later. Then we headed over to EE and rode it 3 times in a row with little to no wait.

We had the same experience on Thurs May 31st with the same plan. Walked in to to Navi around 745 and then walked a near empty park once past the Tree to EE. It was walk-on all 3 times we rode. Went to Dinosaur and that was walk-on too. We then walked-on to ITTBAB right before they closed the doors. We accomplished all of that before 850am. We then met Pocahontas and walked right up to Scrooge. We could have seen other Dinobash characters but kids decided against it. Chip and Dale appeared to have the biggest waits.

Our experience is similar to others here. They will let you into FoP and Navi early, but none of the other rides until the park officially opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter