AK Quick Service

maswanson11

Mouseketeer
On our AK day we have Tusker House at 10:30. Looking to do QS for dinner. What are your favorite places and dishes at each place? Best for picky kids?

Thanks

On our AK day we have Tusker House at 10:30. Looking to do QS for dinner. What are your favorite places and dishes at each place? Best for picky kids?

Thanks

My personal favorite at AK is Satu'li Canteen in Pandora. They have the option to create-a-bowl - you choose the protein (beef, chicken, fish, or tofu), a base (quinoa salad, roasted sweet and red potatoes, mixed whole grains and rice, and romaine and kale salad), and a sauce (charred onion Chimichurri, black bean vinaigrette, or creamy herb sauce). I've had the chicken with potatoes and the beef with quinoa and both were amazing. Very fresh and tasty. They also have cheeseburger or vegetable steamed pods (haven't tried those). I love it there, but DD14 wouldn't try any of it. She is a picky eater, and she loves Flame Tree BBQ - they have hot dogs! I like FT, too. Their pulled pork is amazing. I just like SC better (and they have indoor seating, so that's real nice!)

I like the Yak & Yeti QS. I usually get the sweet & sour chicken with rice and ds and DD usually get a cheeseburger.

We always eat at Yak & Yeti local cafe, they have asian fare, as well as the usual hot dog and burger options with fries for fussy children. I always order two sides - chicken fried rice and spring rolls - and make a decent sized meal for me.

Satu'li Canteen is one of the best QS options on property. The theming is fun, food is unique looking yet safe options for picky eaters (the cheeseburger pod tastes like McD's cheeseburger) and pricing is solid. Highly recommend eating here.

We really enjoyed Satuli Canteen. I had the steak with rice and chimichurri. Delicious and it was served on actual dishes with real silverware.

Love the canteen in Pandora and most of the food their is healthier than your normal CS fare.

Another vote for the Flame Tree BBQ. Pulled pork sandwich with a side of onion rings. Sit all the way down near the water and listen to the screams from Everest.

Satu'li Canteen in Pandora is one of the best QS restaurants at Disney. In AK, my second choice would be Flame Tree, always good.

I would seriously eat at Satu'li Canteen weekly if it existed out of Disney. It was one of the best meals I had all week, and one of the best values too (you get a LOT of food, and it's all fresh and delicious). There's multiple options as far as proteins go and the veggie slaw they top the bowls with is delcious. We also got the cheeseburger pods to eat as a side and they were a little odd but fun to eat and came with root veggie chips, so it was a nice extra add on and delicious (and it was all so COLORFUL!).

We did Yak & Yeti QS for dinner on the same day and enjoyed, just got three things and all sampled all three. The beef teriyaki is good, as is the chicken fried rice. Seemed like a good place for adults that want a little variety but have kids who need some more standard fare.

I prefer Pizzafari or Restaurantasauras. Being indoors in air conditioning trumps everything else for me. If the weather's especially cool and pleasant, Flame Tree BBQ has the best food. However, if not, one of those other two. Last time I ate at Restaurantasaurus and chose a little room off the main room-it was so nice and peaceful in there with my hot dog. At Pizzafari, I just get the cheese pizza, still miss the hot deli sandwich of years gone by.

There's Satu'li Canteen and then nothing else.
Before it, Flame Tree was passable.
Yak and Yeti horrible. Pizzafari maybe worse than horrible. Had hope briefly after the remodel but it was ruined within months

If you had a group ranging from 2 to 92, would you go to Flame Tree or Restaurantsaurus? And how are the salads at both?

Just ate at Flametree BBQ a couple nights ago and it was up to the usual standards! We ate the chicken and ribs and were very satisfied. My best salad was the Create Your Own Salad at Port Orleans Riverside food court. Exactly what I wanted!!

Love Flame Tree BBQ. Eat there every time we go. Now I'm tempted by the new place in Pandora.

Satu'li Canteen. Hands down, my favorite quick service in all of WDW. The options to customize your meal are great. I recommend the Satu'li chicken bowl, with red and sweet potato hash, and creamy herb dressing. It's my favorite meal. The cheeseburger pods are good, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter