Earning My Ears
EMH 8:00am

RD: Navi
Safari
Gorilla Falls Trail
10:20- Tusker House ADR
12:00- FOTLK FP+
1:30- UP! Bird Show
Wildlife Express Train (hoping to do 2:45 free backstage tour)
3:55-FOP FP+
Yak and Yeti Cafe (snacks/dinner)
Majarahja Jungle Trek
6:25- EE FP+

Would like to do ROL and Awakenings but will depend on how the kiddos are holding up. The only thing I can't figure out how to fit in is Nemo. We will be skipping Dinoland. Am I missing anything else important?

You could maybe go to the 1pm Nemo and the 5pm Up show, if schedule is like my AK day. Lots of walking. Depends how packed you want your day.

I think there have been some reports that the Safari is not always running for EMH, so you may want to have a back-up plan if your schedule starts right at 8:00 am. I wasn't sure based on your post whether you will be attending the EMH or getting to the park for normal park opening RD. If you will be attending the EMH right from the start, Na'vi should be a walk-on at that time and it doesn't take very long to ride, so you may find yourself with nothing to do between like 8:15 am and 9:00ish when they start up the Safari. It seems like you could fill that time by exploring the Discovery Island trails and Gorilla Falls, but it may make more sense to try and hit some rides during the EMH.

If I misunderstood and you will not be attending EMH, I think your plan will be fine because there will likely already be a wait at Na'vi when the park opens to all guests at 9 and Safari will definitely be running by the time you get up there afterward.

I think there have been some reports that the Safari is not always running for EMH, so you may want to have a back-up plan if your schedule starts right at 8:00 am. I wasn't sure based on your post whether you will be attending the EMH or getting to the park for normal park opening RD. If you will be attending the EMH right from the start, Na'vi should be a walk-on at that time and it doesn't take very long to ride, so you may find yourself with nothing to do between like 8:15 am and 9:00ish when they start up the Safari. It seems like you could fill that time by exploring the Discovery Island trails and Gorilla Falls, but it may make more sense to try and hit some rides during the EMH.

If I misunderstood and you will not be attending EMH, I think your plan will be fine because there will likely already be a wait at Na'vi when the park opens to all guests at 9 and Safari will definitely be running by the time you get up there afterward.
I do plan to be there for EMH so if KS isn't open until 9:00 that would definitely alter my plan a bit.

I do plan to be there for EMH so if KS isn't open until 9:00 that would definitely alter my plan a bit.

I would plan on it being open, since the Disney schedule includes it as one of the EMH attractions, just have a back-up plan in mind for a few other ways to maximize the EMH just incase it isn't, so your morning doesn't get completely derailed. :)

You may find yourself with a lot of free time before your TH reservation anyway. Let's assume KS is open right at 8 for the start of EMH. Most people attending the EMH will be headed to FoP, so you'll hit Na'vi and be done with that quickly, then walk up to Africa and likely find little wait at KS, so over-estimating, you would likely be done with KS by 9. Unless you plan to do the Safari again, that gives you more than an hour before you would be checking in for your TH reservation. I don't think it would take you that long to do Gorilla Falls trail, even if you go at a super leisurely pace.

Are you skipping DinoLand because of lack of interest or lack of time? Because you could probably head to DinoLand after Na'vi, then loop up through Asia for a morning ride on Everest if you think your party may want to ride that more than once that day, or you could head back through Discovery Island and make it back up to Africa to do KS and the trail before your breakfast ADR. If it's lack of interest, then nevermind that suggestion. :)

That plan looks very doable to me and a pretty leisurely pace too. I agree with the previous poster that you may even find yourself with some down time to fill which you can easily do by taking in some of the street entertainment or shops, etc...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter