AK Moonlight Magic Event Question

deerh

DIS Veteran
Need some help from all the Disboard DVC'ers..
We have a reservation for the MM event in May. In the beginning it was the 3 of us. Then we added
2 people last month (March) to our party through the DVC email I got in February. We now have 1 more
person that is going the last minute. I would like to add them to our party to make a total of 6.

I went to the original email to add them, and it said the event is full if you want to modify your party click
the email link below. Well.... there is NO email link below...

Next, I called DVC and tried to add them, and they said to go to the original email and change it there.. I told
them what it said, and they said the event is sold out..

I am NOT at the maximum for the event, as I think I saw it is 6....

So, what can I do now??

THANKS for your help!

DeerH

You are allowed 6 but you reserved only 5 before they sold out (gave your spot to another). Technically, they don't have to allow your #6 entry, but if I were you I'd show up with 6 and I'd be surprised if they turn you away. Reality is, there are people that won't show up that registered. They aren't really going to be "too full" to let an extra in. If you'd registered for 2 and showed up with 6..... likely a problem. But with one more, I'd bet you're ok.

We checked in at VGF for the MK event and during our wait, I heard several people check in minus a guest or 2. Worst case scenario, you ask to hang around until someone shows up short a guest and ask for their spot. I can't see why the CMs wouldn't allow it. I'd get there early and explain your situation if possible.

But have back-up plans in case it doesn't work out!

I don’t think they can add anyone for you. The event reached capacity- you were allowed up to 6 provided there was space for 6 - which there isn’t now. At this point, they’d probably only accommodate a modification if it was to reduce the party size. You could post to the boards and see if anyone has a spot reserved that they’re not going to use - I’m taking four people with me that needed help, maybe someone will be able to help you too.

Ok, thanks for the answers. BUT, I have to ask the question...So.... If you ARE allowed 6/DVC member x 1000 members=6000 people..
So, WHY would that be a problem? I don't get the logic in that.. I only have 5... It seems logically that they are NOT "sold out".. If
so, they are 1 person short in my case.. I bet that NOT everyone has 6 going with them.....

DeerH

That's just a max per member. They don't assume that everyone making a reservation will be booking for 6 people and they aren't limiting the number of members making reservations, they are limiting the total number of guests coming to the event. So if it were 6000 people that they were allowing then they wouldn't be limiting it to 1000 members....it might take 2000 members to get to the 6000 total. Once the 6000 are spoken for (no matter how many members it took to get there) its sold out.

Oh, Ok.. I get it now.. Ok. Well, we will take our chances and go to the AK MM event, and maybe the one person with us can get in if someone does
not have the allotted 6 people max. We will try at the resort when we get our "wrist bands" for the event. Maybe the CM at the resort can add him
to "another party" and make our party the total of 6... Here is hoping!!! (cross fingers)!!!

DeerH

Oh, Ok.. I get it now.. Ok. Well, we will take our chances and go to the AK MM event, and maybe the one person with us can get in if someone does
not have the allotted 6 people max. We will try at the resort when we get our "wrist bands" for the event. Maybe the CM at the resort can add him
to "another party" and make our party the total of 6... Here is hoping!!! (cross fingers)!!!

DeerH
You may be able to add him if another party has a no show .... but, just to be clear, they haven’t “allotted” every member 6 people. They opened reservations for the event and allowed people to reserve a maximum of 6 .... until the event sold out. I reserved 5 - that’s what I am allowed to bring now ... if I had reserved 6, I’d be able to take another person now ...

You may be able to add him if another party has a no show .... but, just to be clear, they haven’t “allotted” every member 6 people. They opened reservations for the event and allowed people to reserve a maximum of 6 .... until the event sold out. I reserved 5 - that’s what I am allowed to bring now ... if I had reserved 6, I’d be able to take another person now ...

Just so all understand... I had originally had 3 people (including myself). Last month, I added 2 other people as they decided to go with us.
I now want to add 1 other person. That would make a total of 6.. Including myself. So, I am in the limit of 5 individuals and myself for a total
of 6.. So, total of 5 guests, and myself... I still say that they ought to take care of the DVC members first. Allow 5 guests for each DVC member,
and THEN open it up to other guests.. MAYBE extend the DVC "timeline" for the event to allow ALL DVC members to bring guests before the
general public... Again.. They MARKET this to indicate that this event is for DVC members... So allow DVC members 3-4-5 weeks to book, instead of
the 3 weeks, and then open it up to General public... Just my .02 cents...

DeerH

Just so all understand... I had originally had 3 people (including myself). Last month, I added 2 other people as they decided to go with us.
I now want to add 1 other person. That would make a total of 6.. Including myself. So, I am in the limit of 5 individuals and myself for a total
of 6.. So, total of 5 guests, and myself... I still say that they ought to take care of the DVC members first. Allow 5 guests for each DVC member,
and THEN open it up to other guests.. MAYBE extend the DVC "timeline" for the event to allow ALL DVC members to bring guests before the
general public... Again.. They MARKET this to indicate that this event is for DVC members... So allow DVC members 3-4-5 weeks to book, instead of

DeerH
It doesn't get opened up to the general public....it is all booked up by members. If every member who made a reservation later turned around and added up to the max it would be oversold.

DeerH
The event is not open to the general public at all! It is first open to DVC members who have a room already booked during the date of the event and then it opens to all DVC members. It never opens to the general public - the only way a non DVC person gets in is if you bring them as your guest. You were lucky that they still had room when you added two. And maybe you’ll get lucky with the additional person.

I am NOT at the maximum for the event, as I think I saw it is 6....
You are not at your max but the event is. Your only hope now would be to happen to find a member who has an extra wrist band for the event. Other than that you can keep checking as people might cancel and space may open up.

Unfortunately this event is for members and their traveling party, but a free event will draw people out of the wood work and it fills up quick.

I have a rese for May 16 party of 5 that I need to cancel as we had an unexpected schedule change.
Sent you a message. I am a DVC owner and have been trying to get a reservation for 5 people for this event. Please let me know if you could transfer your reservation to me? Thank you so much!

Thanks for the responses. I was incorrect about it opening up for "the general public". I will see if the Front Desk at our resort might have an
extra "wristband" for the event. For those that ARE going, there is a great video on You tube with "Tim Tracker" as he was at the AK MM
last month, or whenever it was. Thanks, and looking forward to it!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter