AK Hours Extended Thanksgiving Week FoP and Navi FP Available

5DisneyNuts

Head might be in NY, but my heart is in WDW
Opening at 8am until 10pm

ETA: Now I'm not sure what to do. I don't think I will be able to arrive before 9am. My original plan was to get to Navi and ride standby then use FP for FOP later in the morning.

With the 8am opening, I'm afraid the wait for Navi will be really long by 9am. I played around with my touring plan but it is still showing a wait of 5 minutes (they have the new park hours in the system).

Can that be right or should I expect 60min waits at 9am?

Thanks to anyone that has experience!

Last edited:
This past weekend we did EMH morning at AK, 8 AM. We arrived around 8:30 and went to Navi. About 30 minutes at that time, maybe 25 minutes. That was still quite good since it seemed to hold between 90 and 120 minutes the rest of the day. I think if you can get there within the opening hour you can do Navi with less than an hour wait. The crush is for FoP which will leave Navi more open.

This past weekend we did EMH morning at AK, 8 AM. We arrived around 8:30 and went to Navi. About 30 minutes at that time, maybe 25 minutes. That was still quite good since it seemed to hold between 90 and 120 minutes the rest of the day. I think if you can get there within the opening hour you can do Navi with less than an hour wait. The crush is for FoP which will leave Navi more open.

Thank you. We'll shoot to get there a bit earlier and give it a try.

No way it'll be a 5 min wait. I'd anticipate 25-60 min wait an hour after opening.

For what it's worth, touring plans estimates have been way off for Pandora rides

No way it'll be a 5 min wait. I'd anticipate 25-60 min wait an hour after opening.

For what it's worth, touring plans estimates have been way off for Pandora rides

Thanks, in my heart I knew that was going to be the answer :). I know TP doesn't have year over year data to compare.

Guess we will have to suck it up and get there closer to opening. Appreciate the advice.

I am wondering if they will get extended the following week and into Dec for the Holiday season.

That is a busy time period and you would think they would extend the hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter