AK Dining for Non-Adventurous Eaters

notrub98

DIS Veteran
Will any of the AK restaurants appeal to non-adventurous eaters? My sister and I are doing an adults-only trip and staying at AKL so it feels wrong not to eat there! We do not like spicy food / Mexican food / Indian food / seafood / sushi. We are carnivores - love a good steak kind of girls. Any advice?

Last edited:
At AKL we love Boma for breakfast and dinner. They have a combination of regular and exotic food. At AK we like breakfast at TH and lunch at Rainforest Cafe.

Just stayed at AKL, breakfast should be easy as a lot of it was standard breakfast choices at both Boma and the QS, Mara.

Lunch and dinner might be a different story, as I don't think you will have a lot of options. QS lunch and dinner at Mara had some standards (burgers, pizza, etc.) and also some more adventurous options (Mara Chicken and Potjie). Boma dinner buffet has a mixture of both non-adventurous food and adventurous food, but it is a buffet so I am not sure if you want to pay the hefty price tag if more than half the options are not appealing to you.

Over in Kidani village, there is Jiko and Sanaa, which both offer steak. I have not eaten at either personally, but both seem to have a lot of spice on their menus. I'd defer to others who have eaten there first though!

Last edited:
Hmmm ... I don't think you'll be in luck eating at table service at AKL. Sanaa is out because it has Indian flavors. Boma has African spices without a lot of "Plain Jane" foods. Jiko might be your best bet if you speak to your waiter and ask for plain food but it too is flavored with African spices and unusual sides. The Mara has a cheeseburger and roast chicken that would work.

Haven't eaten at Jiko, but I think you can find something to eat at any of the others. Are you against trying new things? If not then I would suggest going to Boma where you can get a combination of both on the buffet. That way you can sample some things that you and your sister might find you enjoy. At Sanaa you can get steak and their naan bread service is excellent. My 17 year old DS is not adventurous either and also vegetarian, and he loves the naan and makes a meal out of that.

We love Boma at AKL. My husband and kids are not into African food/spices at all and everyone could easily find a ton that they loved there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter