• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AK-cool quick service areas?

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
So, it'll be 90 degrees next Wednesday when DD and I are at animal kingdom. I had planned on QS for lunch but not I'm worried we will need a break from the heat. I could get a 10:30 at Rainforest, but that is awful early and I don't want to eat up morning ride time with sitting down to eat. Does any QS have a shady area? Any other ideas? Thanks!

We've not been there on a 90 degree day because we tend to avoid them, but the CS area in Harambe has a nice seating area with some covered tables.

We've not been there on a 90 degree day because we tend to avoid them, but the CS area in Harambe has a nice seating area with some covered tables.
The days we are there next week are all high 80s! DD really wants to go to AK. Ugh! I guess we can go on the raft ride and get wet to cool off.

When it's super-hot, they can say what they want, but Pizzafari is definitely the best place to eat for me. If I can get a table in the furthest back room, it's fairly peaceful (for Disney CS) too.

Satuli is my fav but there’s not as much indoor seating followed by Restaurantosaurus then Pizzafari. I don’t like the Flame Tree seating it’s still hot even though it’s covered and you’re fending off a ton of birds that want your food. I’ve literally seen them jump raptor style right on top of the table, no thanks 😂.

You could also take the bus to AKL and eat at their QS.

So, it'll be 90 degrees next Wednesday when DD and I are at animal kingdom. I had planned on QS for lunch but not I'm worried we will need a break from the heat. I could get a 10:30 at Rainforest, but that is awful early and I don't want to eat up morning ride time with sitting down to eat. Does any QS have a shady area? Any other ideas? Thanks!

Yak n Yeti QS has an area around the back that’s usually shady.

If I eat QS at AK it's Yak and Yeti, I don't eat huge meals so they chicken fried rice is perfect for me. However, most of the time I go to Nomad Lounge. I love their sliders and yucca fries. They have indoor seating and it's mostly small plates so she should be able to find something to eat. I always sit outside even in August and Sept. but that's just because I love watching the water and little boats go by.

I'd vote for inside the Satuli canteen, and mobile ordering as the top choice. There seems to be a shaded seating area near Tamu Tamu and Kusafiri.
Do you know: Is it cool and is a table frequently available? We have found the service to be pretty quick at Yak and Yeti, indoors in the restaurant--not counter service and generally more expensive, but maybe worth considering depending on the heat, humidity, and the age of members of your party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter