AK 12 hour days upcoming (?)

Hieraxx

Mouseketeer
We're arriving late this week for a week+ stay. I just noticed that AK is open 7am-7pm Friday Nov 13 as well as Sat and Sun.
Before someone can say, jersey week, is there any other reason for 12 hour AK days that folks are aware of ?

8-6 / 9-5 all show up various days in Nov -so I'm wondering if this means we should expect larger than normal crowds.

thanks

Extension of hours usually means they're expecting bigger crowds, i know it's super early but if you can make rope drop you can be done with the 3 big attractions in 2 hour, also not sure if you know they will be doing the holiday tree of life awakening from 6pm to 7pm

I think it's prepping for Veteran's Day weekend since it falls on Wed this week, just a guess. We arrive at WDW on the Fri after Thanksgiving on are doing AK the next day on Sat and the posted hours are 8am - 8pm, but our next AK day on Fri Dec 4th the hours are only 8am - 6pm. So larger crowds could be expected but with an extra 4 hrs in the park, should have plenty of time to get everything done.

We will have a hard time, NOT making rope drop , given this will be day 3 of the "start" of the trip, we have a lot of covid/post-election
energy to work off, so here's hoping FoP can help us wake up early :)

The following week I see 9-5pm for our one other AK day.

We will have a hard time, NOT making rope drop , given this will be day 3 of the "start" of the trip, we have a lot of covid/post-election
energy to work off, so here's hoping FoP can help us wake up early :)

The following week I see 9-5pm for our one other AK day.
Yeah when ak closes at 5 there won't be projections, definitely enjoy those early hours

One trick is to looking at when those extended vacations are going to be across the country. Tourists like to spend 5-7 days if possible when going to Disney, so it helps to have more than a week or a three day weekend. Bonus points to those extended vacations when they're not in the summer (the arbitrage of coming down here when the weather is perfect and its Eskimo season up north). So when a lot of districts have Thanksgiving week off, or parents see the ability to just lop off that Monday or Tuesday, Thanksgiving week becomes very appealing.

Another theory behind it would be a lot of northerners visiting grandparents and other relatives down here for the holidays and taking the chance to sneak over to the parks for a day or two when grandma is sleeping and drunk uncle is going on one of his political rants.

We will also be there the Saturday after Thanksgiving and I am actually eyeing the later hours as part of a bonus. Sure crowds will be bad mid-day and we are typically EARLY rope droppers, but I'm hoping maybe that crowds will thin out by 4-5pm and we could get everything done in those last 3 hours, hopping in the FoP line at park close. Or maybe let DH take the older kids super early and bring the baby with me later!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter