Airport Transportation Help!

a_port90

Earning My Ears
Looking for some opinions and personal experiences on best method of transportation for a group of 15 from LAX to our hotel outside Disneyland (we’re staying at the Homewood Suites Convention) mid May.

We used Super Shuttle on our last trip in 2018 and had no major delays or issues but I am looking to see what others recommend!

(Car seats included in price is ideal - we have 4 littles in them)

Thanks guys

Not sure if anyone has a 15-seat van? And Super Shuttle is no more.
We have reservations for 6 on MidWilShuttle in April. First time we've used them.

What's your expected arrival time? Just day of week and time might be helpful since some options aren't available at certain times of the day.

If you're really adventurous and have plenty of time, the biggest bargain would be riding LA's Metro system. From LAX to Anaheim would require taking the (free) Metro C shuttle to the Aviation/LAX light rail station, the Metro C (Green) line to Norwalk, and then the Metro 460 (semi-express) bus to Disneyland. It's theoretically $1.75 per passenger (for up to 2 hours of transfers from the time you board), although if you want a free transfer that will require getting their TAP interagency fare card, which costs $2. I think light rail means mandatory use of the fare card as they don't have fare boxes like they do on buses. Those cards can be purchased at several locations including the Aviation/LAX station and the LAX City Bus Center. You won't need a child seat for public transportation, but it should be OK if you're bringing infant seats. Also - children are free under 5. Their youth discount program is only for kids in the local school system, so it's the same as an adult fare when 5 and up. My only concern on the bus would be luggage. On light rail there will be areas for bikes, and I've seen passengers place their luggage in those areas.

This gives most of that, although it throws in OCTA route 43 to finish the trip from the Disneyland bus stop to the hotel. I would recommend taking ART (more on that later) from Disneyland.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Los...!2d33.798432!2m3!6e0!7e2!8j1674468000!3e3!5i2

Once you get there (regardless of how you get to Anaheim), maybe use Anaheim Regional (formerly Resort) Transportation. It's kind of oddball, but they operate several fixed routes, along with an on-demand ride system. It's legally public transportation subsidized by fees paid by local businesses. They're also contracted to run the shuttles to the Toy Story lot on Harbor, which is pretty close to your hotel. The 4 Harbor line would stop right in front of your hotel, but it goes south first and hits stops on the west side of Harbor before turning around and making stops on the east side where your hotel is.

But the on-demand system is kind of fun, where it's like requesting rideshare, but restricted to specific stops. I've ridden several times on a 30-40 passenger bus where I was (or my kid and I were) the only passenger(s). Theoretically they try to link as many riders as possible who are going to between nearby locations, but that's not always feasible. But they should have no problems giving a group of about 15 a ride. There are different ways to buy tickets including buying paper ones at the train station (plus maybe one other location), or using their app. Their website is highly unhelpful, but you can ask on this forum and there are many who know how it works. They really encourage people to download one of their phone apps.

https://rideart.org/

We used Midwilshuttle in august 2022 and had no issues. Would use them again. They were especially great because I dropped the ball and forgot to book a shuttle until the day before, and they fit us in without issue. Have fun on your trip!

We used Midwilshuttle in august 2022 and had no issues. Would use them again. They were especially great because I dropped the ball and forgot to book a shuttle until the day before, and they fit us in without issue. Have fun on your trip!

We have used Midwilshuttle a couple of times and been happy. The last time they picked us up in a minibus (for 2 of us, but I guess that was what was available) so they do have some larger vehicles. Not sure about for 15, but maybe two vehicles would work.

We have used Midwilshuttle a couple of times and been happy. The last time they picked us up in a minibus (for 2 of us, but I guess that was what was available) so they do have some larger vehicles. Not sure about for 15, but maybe two vehicles would work.
We were in a 15 passenger van and there was only 4 of us, but I think no matter what the OP will need to book two vehicles for that many people. Glad you had a good experience too! The reviews for all of the shuttle companies are all over the map, I wasn’t sure how the trip would go…

I just checked again, and if you're taking ART the physical tickets are only available at the train station (aka "Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center" or ARTIC). They have information claiming that they get "swiped" on board the buses, but I don't believe they've had that equipment for some time. The first time I rode ART on them, I just flashed the one-day passes. The second time the cashier asked if I was using them immediately and then manually wrote down an expiration date. I also proceeded to iron them in my shirt pocket, turning them black (it's a thermal print surface) but they could still faintly read that it was a one-day pass and the written expiration date in ballpoint ink.

https://rideart.org/fares-and-passes/

It's not an unreasonable walk from your hotel to Disneyland. I did a similar walk (Hilton Anaheim) back in 2012 with a 2 year old in a lightweight umbrella stroller. The two year old could walk though and did part of the way. But I'd still recommend using ART since it can get you to places outside of Disneyland, like the Outlets at Orange, Anaheim Packing House, Knott's Berry Farm, Medieval Times, etc. They have limited stops in Buena Park, but Knott's Berry Farm was one of them and we used that several times even though we had to walk a bit.

We were a group of 8 flying in/out of Long Beach and I booked Karmel Shuttle.
I was very pleased.

We also had a single member of the group flying in/out of Santa Ana and used Karmel as well.
Great experience all around, I would recommend without hesitation.

We just used Midwilshuttle and we will likely go with Uber/Lyft next time. It took about 10 minutes for them to pick us up, so imo if we have to wait for the car, we might as well use a rideshare.

Oh, also - Midwilshuttle had no confirmation text or email, day before or day of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter