airport transfer...disney bus??

aussiedaisy

The second star to the right, shines in the night
At WDW las year we hopped on the Magical Express to and from the airport. So, if we stay onsite does Disneyland have this service also? Also, has anyone got any good/bad experiences staying concierge at the DH? What r the perks u get ie do u get toiletries in the bathroom, etc.

Disneyland has a different sytem them WDW. They do offer the Disney express bus(www.airportbus.com) Its is service that is actually offered by grayline. You will be responsible to get your bags at the airport and get them to the bus. They will load them on the bus for your, and take them off for you at the hotel. You will reclaim them at that point, and get them to your room or to the bellhop.

The bus will service many hotels. If you are staying the DLH, you'll be one of the first stops. When its time to go back to the airport they will take you to a transfer area where they divide passengers up according to the airport they are going to. Its sort of a pain, but its affordable.

We did conc. at the PP last fall. We enjoyed it, but wouldnt pay for it again. For toiletries you'll get little bottles of shampoo (and either conditioner or an all in one- can't remember), lotion, and soap with Mickey on them. Conc. service will get you pop, water and juice in the lounge. As well as a cont. breakfast (pastries, cereal, fruit), afternoons/ evening snacks, DVD's to borrow, express check in, help with making any arrangments while you are there, etc.

Jun 8-12 I stayed off property at the BW Anaheim in. I didn't make a decision on which shuttle to use until I arrived at the airport. (Note: I found it important to know which terminal number your are arriving so you will know which terminal you will be leaving from on your return). I saw Disneyland Express which is a big bus that will hit many hotels, then saw SuperShuttle which is a large van that generally makes about 3 stops. I spoke to the rep at the ground transportation area...$15 pp ea way . There may be a discount if you prebook online. I saw many vans go by and she would waive them on until one going to Disneyland area came by. We didn't have to regroup somewhere else on our return. I called them 24 hours ahead of time. Based on my flight time and airport they gave me a recommended time for pickup. It went pretty smooth. I would use SuperShuttle again, just for the waiting factor alone. They didn't have to fill up a large bus before they could leave the airport. Good luck in your choice.

Baloo2003 said:
Jun 8-12 I stayed off property at the BW Anaheim in. I didn't make a decision on which shuttle to use until I arrived at the airport. (Note: I found it important to know which terminal number your are arriving so you will know which terminal you will be leaving from on your return). I saw Disneyland Express which is a big bus that will hit many hotels, then saw SuperShuttle which is a large van that generally makes about 3 stops. I spoke to the rep at the ground transportation area...$15 pp ea way . There may be a discount if you prebook online. I saw many vans go by and she would waive them on until one going to Disneyland area came by. We didn't have to regroup somewhere else on our return. I called them 24 hours ahead of time. Based on my flight time and airport they gave me a recommended time for pickup. It went pretty smooth. I would use SuperShuttle again, just for the waiting factor alone. They didn't have to fill up a large bus before they could leave the airport. Good luck in your choice.

Great observations!!! I feel I am making my decision to use Super Shuttle based on your comments. Thanks sooo much for sharing!

A couple of things I have heard..... Depending where you arrive at LAX, (depending where on the "U" shape of the terminal,) they say the bus can take an hour, or so, to make all the stops before going from airport directly to Disney on site hotels, then to off site ones. BUT I have heard that the van DOES NOT go directly to Disney ,but also can stop to drop off in residential ares. However the driver does go about 90 miles an hour and has caused kids to actually puke!!! I am from Hawaii, where no one drives over 50 mph . So for us its the bus , they use carpool lane anyway! I really want to enjoy the thrilling rides at Disneyland , not on the freeways in Calif! :scared1:

Hey, we need a thread entitled: "Super Shuttle Reviews"

:drive:

Yeah, thats a great idea . Who out there has good or bad reviews about either one???? Help us out please!

Hi we have used both services and have not had a real problem with either one. MY only problem with the Airport bus is the length of time it takes. it never fails no matter where we are staying we are the last to get dropped off. On the return not so bad but these days with airport security you have to allow longer. Also if arriving late at night the buses are not as regular. We have used super shuttle as well and from now on we will use them. Have had no problem with reservations, drivers pickups etc. Last August on our return to LAX there was a accident on the freeway and our driver turned off and used the sidestreets and got us to LAX in plenty of time. They can only get 7-8 people in the van so you get to your hotel quicker and doesn't cost that much more.2 thumbs up for ss from us. pirate:

We did not find the Supershuttle driver to be driving too fast and did not feel like we were on a thrill ride. He drove in the carpool lane and kept up with traffic, most of the drive was around 60-70 miles per hour. We did make 2 residential stops on the way, but they were very close to each other and were really on our way. We jumped off the freeway, dropped them both about 3 miles apart and then just got right back on the freeway. We would definately use this service again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter