airport to Canada Place

If you are going straight to Canada Place with luggage and there are three of you, a taxi will do just fine.

I hope OP doesn't mind -- will we need car seats? We have 6 adults and two little ones (4 and 11 months)

The four of us took the Skytrain. Easy trip, but the youngest was 13 so everyone could help with luggage etc.

I hope OP doesn't mind -- will we need car seats? We have 6 adults and two little ones (4 and 11 months)
In BC car seats are not mandatory in taxis (which is still odd to me but whatever) but they will also not provide them. So if you want to travel by taxi and want a car seat or two, you will have to provide your own.

In BC car seats are not mandatory in taxis (which is still odd to me but whatever) but they will also not provide them. So if you want to travel by taxi and want a car seat or two, you will have to provide your own.
We are looking for the easiest and safe way to get everyone from airport to hotel at port. We don’t need a car seat for the four year old any other time so prefer not to bring one for just for that short trip. Taking all our luggage and splitting up into at least three cabs sounds painful.

Last edited:

I would either look into private van transportation, or, if your hotel is downtown, consider taking the Canada Line (sky train/subway). With six adults and two little ones you may be well able to handle it. It’s cheap, you can use credit card to pay, and goes direct from the airport all the way to very close to the cruise terminal. (Several stops on the way). If you have one in a stroller and one in a carrier, that would work really well.

We also took the SkyTrain. It was super easy and my daughter actually really enjoyed it. I believe she was 8 at the time.

How much did the taxi cost?
Sorry - It was 2019, I honestly don't remember now and with the exchange rate. It would have stuck with me if it had been out of line. It was just me and my teen age daughter, so I felt safer that way too.

I would either look into private van transportation, or, if your hotel is downtown, consider taking the Canada Line (sky train/subway). With six adults and two little ones you may be well able to handle it. It’s cheap, you can use credit card to pay, and goes direct from the airport all the way to very close to the cruise terminal. (Several stops on the way). If you have one in a stroller and one in a carrier, that would work really well.
I am a bit nervous about COVID before we leave, plus we will have a lot of luggage to manage. so maybe private transportation is better. Are there companies recommended?

for the train, is there a lot of luggage storage? Are they crowded?
We took a taxi - it was super easy. All lined up right outside after getting luggage.
Do you recall any larger taxis? Maybe we could fit into two?

Thank you all so much!

The sky train is more like a subway/metro system. I only mention that because there is a train that comes into the city and you don't want that.

I don't recall any luggage storage. We just kept our bags with us in our seats. It was clean and easy to use. It was not crowded when we used it, but I think it might have been a Saturday morning.

I am a bit nervous about COVID before we leave, plus we will have a lot of luggage to manage. so maybe private transportation is better. Are there companies recommended?

for the train, is there a lot of luggage storage? Are they crowded?

Do you recall any larger taxis? Maybe we could fit into two?

Thank you all so much!

The Canada Line (skytrain/subway) is public transportation. It’s above ground until you leave Richmond, then it’s underground all the way into downtown. Probably is about a 20-25 min ride from airport to downtown, one of the easiest ways to travel. That said, there is no luggage storage. Crowds really just depend on time of day, but you would be riding from one end to the other so presumably you’d easily find seats.

For private shuttles I would suggest googling because then you can read reviews - that might be more reliable than anything else! There are a ton of limo/shuttle companies.

Does anyone have a car service they have used? We used Aerocar in the past but I understand they are out of service. Does anyone know if someone has taken their place? We would also like a car service to take our (adult) children to a concert about at UBC the evening we arrive. We’d also like to use a car services to take us to the hotel and port. Some of the quotes I have gotten were outrageous.

Thanks everyone! The sky train sounds so easy. We are staying at Pan pacific so I think this will work for us just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter