Airport Shuttle or Rental Car to MCO

dtk07

Mouseketeer
We are staying at a hotel near the airport that offers a shuttle to MCO for the night before our return flight. It crossed our minds to drop off the car the night before and use the shuttle in the morning to save a few minutes.

Any thoughts? How much time would it take to drop off at National Rental Car and get into the terminal? Are we saving ourselves enough time to make the extra running the night before worth it?

Last edited:
Time wise, probably not. How much baggage you'll have also enters the equation. Returning to National at MCO usually takes about 30 seconds, you drive in, park, get your stuff and leave the keys on the dash. I usually take a walk around video of the car as well. The walk from the National return to the terminal is two or three minutes. It's going to take you much longer than that to return the car and then get the shuttle to your hotel.
Where it might be worthwhile is in the rental car cost and parking cost at the hotel. If you're on a daily rate then returning it the night before may save you a substantial amount of money, and I've found most hotels that have airport shuttles charge for parking also.

I agree. You won't save any time, in fact it will probably be longer.

Drop off night before
Drive to hotel, check in, drop off luggage
Return Rental Car
Find pick up area and wait for shuttle
Shuttle to hotel
(Possibly) wait for shuttle next morning
Load luggage
Shuttle to airport
Get luggage

Drop off morning of
Drive to hotel, check in, take luggage in (possibly leave some in car)
Next morning return rental car
Get luggage, walk to check in desk.

I would definitely find out what the cost difference is for dropping it off early. If enough money, it's worth the extra time (IMO).

The rental car drop off is very fast and very easy. It's very close to the terminal. I am of the opinion you save nothing by doing it the night before and you won't be at the mercy of a shuttle which may very well service more than one hotel. You can leave the hotel when you want, and go straight to the airport.

The rental car drop off is very fast and very easy. It's very close to the terminal. I am of the opinion you save nothing by doing it the night before and you won't be at the mercy of a shuttle which may very well service more than one hotel. You can leave the hotel when you want, and go straight to the airport.
This! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter