Airport security/videotape/xray question!

ChiTownZee

"You have no idea what I'm capable of."-Evil Queen
I'm trying to finish packing and was planning on taking some video tapes to show my sister (WDW tapes :) ) And I wasn't sure about how to take them. Would they be OK in checked luggage? I wasn't sure how they were scanning/checking luggage now, or if they were using some sort of strong x-ray thing that might affect the tapes. What about the x-ray for carry-ons? I wanted to check them though.

Can anyone help??? :confused:

I've packed vhs films in my check on luggage before with no ill effects to the films.

We were told by airport security that the xrays only affect high speed film over 800, not video tapes, or regular speed film. :):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

If the tapes are one-of a kind, irreplaceable, or valuable to you, please do not check them. Carry them on and have them hand-checked at the security checkpoint. Some checked luggage is now scanned by a very strong machine, which can damage tapes. And the lower power security point scanners CAN fog film, even slower speed film, regardless of what the signs or personnel tell you.

Sure, you MAY have no problems, but why risk it.

Also, quite a bit of luggage gets lost. :( Never check anything that you would mind getting lost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter