Airport questions

Nubbedy

<font color=darkorchid>I was born without a 'Hidde
Booked a cheeky little pre-Christmas DLP trip for myself and my two boys. We have done DLP many times but have always driven / used Eurostar. This time we are flying into CDG and it is completely new for me!

My questions : We land at CDG at 7.15pm. If we travel with hand luggage only, how long do you think it will take us to get through passport control and down to TGV platform? Currently looking at £68 return on the TGV but need to decide if I would make the 7.55pm one? As it's quite a late flight my transport options are limited and my shared shuttle quotes have been quite pricey.

Secondly, our return flight leaves CDG at 12.35. How long before the flight do we need to be at the airport? And are the lockers at the parks large enough to leave our hand luggage in to get a cheeky hour or so in the park on the last morning?! TIA.

I can't help with everything but i'll try my best :)

In all honesty, i've never arrived that late but my last two flights into CDG I've ended up stuck in a long queue at passport control (one was a long haul flight though) so I would say that could take anywhere between 10-30min on average, as its quite a late flight though I'd think the queue would be small.

I usually plan to get to the airport about two and a half hours before the flight, the queues for passport control can be long but security doesn't usually take too long to get through.

I've never used the lockers, sorry! hopefully someone will know :)

It usually takes us about half an hour from landing, but you'd be cutting it fine and it might be stressful for you. Are RS transport's shared prices too expensive, or have you looked at the VEA bus (which I think has a new name now) At least then you know they will take you directly to your hotel.

It usually takes us about half an hour from landing, but you'd be cutting it fine and it might be stressful for you. Are RS transport's shared prices too expensive, or have you looked at the VEA bus (which I think has a new name now) At least then you know they will take you directly to your hotel.

The last VEA/Magic Shuttle is 10min before that TGV :sad2:

If you have a transfer to TGV, show your tickets to the CDG staff when entering the passport check area.

No signs whatsoever tell you about this, but there is a lane specifically for families with toddlers AND pax with a short connection. It is *way* faster than the Sky Priority lane.

Thanks for your help. Think I will take the chance!

Wow! I travel a lot and have transited through CDG many times and you are cutting it way too close! I would take a later train.

Who are you flying with and to which terminal? Into terminal 2 and there is a chance you'd make it. Terminal 1 or 3 no chance at all. My experience has been short queues on easyJet in terminal 2. Horrendous on air France in 2 and even worse on jet2 in terminal 3. It's a long time since I flew into 1 but they were average queues. Because easyJet fly mainly in the schengen zone few flights into their part of the terminal go through border control. It makes a difference!

It can take a fair while to get to the TGV station in CDG, even in Terminal 2. I usually fly on Jet 2, who have remote stands so you are bussed to the gate, then have to get a wee train to the main terminal. Not straight forward, and I have missed a train that left one hour after we landed.

For luggage, the lockers in the parks are not used. There is Left Luggage at the parks which charge per item. You may be cheaper to get a locker at the train station, i am guessing that you could get more than 1 bag in a large locker, but this will take longer as the luggage is x-rayed before you can store it. This page has more info. http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/practicalities/luggage-storage/

having used both several times, i'd say the luggage room in the train station is a much quicker process unless you're lucky enough to get to the guest storage window at the entrance of the parks and find no queue in front of you (has really only happened to me once, in EMH time!). The train station lockers are cheaper too, I can get 2 cabin-size bags and 2 coats in the smallest lockers there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter