Airport Car Rental Center

gatechfan99

Mouseketeer
In researching, I see that the Honolulu Airport opened their new consolidated Car Rental Center in December. Curious as to anyone's experience with the new center. Has it affected the speed in the car rental process? When we went to Alaska last summer, the line for the Enterprise counter took about 2 hours but other companies were moving much faster. I am desperate not to repeat that experience after a 9 hour flight. For my trip in February, there still seem to be rentals available at all the companies. With the new center, has anyone had good or bad experiences with the rental process (especially speed of it) with a particular company?

I haven't used it but I also have a trip planned end of February and just received an email from Expedia that the HNL airport is imposing an additional 11% tax on rental cars as a result of the new car rental center opening. We aren't sure if we will use a rental car more than a day or two and with this additional tax and parking could be over $1,000 to rent a car for a week. We are not staying at Aulani but rather at the FS and they have a rental car deal with Enterprise where we can rent a car for only when we need it. We may decide to do that rather than rent for the whole week.

Haven't used any other rental company other than Alamo in Honolulu and I absolutely love them for a rental car company because you can check in online and use their skip the line feature. Once we got off the bus we headed straight to the attendant with our paperwork and she took us right to the cars we could select from. Ended up with a brand new Volkswagen Atlas with only 4 miles on it. There's plenty of coupon codes out there to save money as well so be sure to look around no matter what company you end up choosing. Also keep in mind you do not have to prepay for your car and often times once your trip gets closer you will see a better price and you are able to cancel and rebook at the better price. We have done this many times in the past.

We used National this trip. I literally walked out picked out my van and drove to the exit with my DL. 10 minutes at the most. Didn’t even ask for QR code or anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter