Airmiles Shop the Block 2018 - BONUS MILES POSTING NOW

Got another email from HBC basically saying “Since you’ve already opted in, spend $100 and get 100 AM”.
This would be great if they made it a STB coupon...
I would jump all over this! I have several things i need -- you know, part of that order they shipped back :headache: and some things that have gone on sale. Did this come from HBC direct and do you have any idea why you received it? Were you one of the people who thought opting out and then back in would count as a coupon??

I would jump all over this! I have several things i need -- you know, part of that order they shipped back :headache: and some things that have gone on sale. Did this come from HBC direct and do you have any idea why you received it? Were you one of the people who thought opting out and then back in would count as a coupon??

I got the same thing. It is from Air Miles Reward Program <newsandmore@email.airmiles.ca>
I have not opted out.

I got it as well. Perhaps it's because I have never actually bought anything from the Bay since I set it up? I was going to opt out and back in but never got around to it. Coupon says it's exclusive and non-transferable. I won't be able to take advantage of it though, I don't shop there and $100 isn't going to happen this week!

Find something for everyone this holiday season at HBC.

AM_Button_E.png

40119_HBC_Grooming_Hero_DTP_E.jpg

Hi Heather,
It’s a great time to visit Hudson’s Bay! Shop from November 28 to December 7, 2018 and use this coupon to get 100 Bonus Miles.*

Since you’ve already chosen to auto-convert your Hudson’s Bay Rewards, this Bonus Offer is in addition to the 1 Mile you already get for every $40 you spend.

40119_HBC_Grooming_Offer_DTP_E.jpg

It came from AirMiles. I did not opt out but had opted in I think for STB last year.

I had just ordered from HBC last night (small order because of free shipping), so the coupon wasn't enticing me to come back. I order from them quite regularly.

Nooooooooooooo I really want this HBC offer!! Mind you, if it's only good in-store I wouldn't use it because I was hoping it would be a coupon on the secondary account. The card number attached is the main card --only have the one HBC reward number -- but I would still get the miles directly thru the airmiles portal for ordering AS well as the HBC conversion (done this before and I know it works)

I did another STB buy today. I went to Global Pets (my first time there). I bought the cat some treats and toys for Christmas, and bought a bag of cat food for the shelter. It turns out that it is 'Seniors Day' the last Tuesday of the month, and I got 10 AM just for shopping today-and 15% off to boot. Win-win situation! I am at #23 BMO charges, so have 2 more to go. No problem. Basically, after I thought I wouldn't be able to do this....I'm done!
  • November 15: airmilesshops-Amazon-Spend $100 get 50 AM
  • November 15: Signed up for 25 BMO purchases
  • November 18: Shell Buy in Store 5 AM [Amazon $50 20 AM spent on Black Fricay] POSTED NOV 18
  • November 18: LCBO Jacob’s Creek Moscato POSTED NOV 19
  • November 20: Foodland $60 get 20 AM
  • November 22: Rexall Use 190 AM for $20 off
  • November 27: Global Pets Spend $50 get 10 AM

Last edited:
I feel stupid for asking, but is there a way to see if your STB purchase has actually "counted" towards the promo or do you just have to sit back and pray? I can see I've had at least one ccredit properly for AM but I can't tell if it also credited for STB

Just opened an HBC account - and filled out the form to change any rewards to miles - is this all I have to do?

I feel stupid for asking, but is there a way to see if your STB purchase has actually "counted" towards the promo or do you just have to sit back and pray? I can see I've had at least one ccredit properly for AM but I can't tell if it also credited for STB

No, that would be too simple it seems!
You'll need to keep your receipts handy, with a copy of the appropriate coupon attached. I've been updating the first page as time passes and post #7 has a list of what people have been reporting seeing both on their receipts and how the miles are posting. Shell proves that there is a way for the miles to post with a description of what they are for but it seems no one else is able to do that?!?!?!

Nooooooooooooo I really want this HBC offer!! Mind you, if it's only good in-store I wouldn't use it because I was hoping it would be a coupon on the secondary account. The card number attached is the main card --only have the one HBC reward number -- but I would still get the miles directly thru the airmiles portal for ordering AS well as the HBC conversion (done this before and I know it works)

I received this coupon. the fine print says it cannot be used on thebay.com.

So I have a question. I made a $168 purchase from Staples but they ended up shipping it in 2 deliveries. I had 3 airmiles post to my account yesterday which would be $120 spend so do you think that this purchase is going to count for both my spend $150 at Staples & spend $100 at Airmiles Shops?

So I have a question. I made a $168 purchase from Staples but they ended up shipping it in 2 deliveries. I had 3 airmiles post to my account yesterday which would be $120 spend so do you think that this purchase is going to count for both my spend $150 at Staples & spend $100 at Airmiles Shops?
Couple of questions to ask before i can possibly answer this ....
  1. What was your Pre-tax amount?
  2. Did your credit card get charged once or twice?
If the answer to 1 is LESS than $160 you would only get the 3 miles (no rounding done)
If the answer to 2 is once then you're fine, if the answer is twice then it becomes a tad ify.

You could also look at your receipt from the Staples and it the pre-tax amount is above the $150 mark you would have a solid argument if AM decides to say you didn't meet the coupon requirements. In my experience with orders that get split up for delivery if I met the threshold amount the miles posted properly.

I never did get that email from HBC but i got one that IMHO was BETTER! It included a code that was exclusive to me to take 25% off anything for the next 5 days :eek: In my mind saving money is more important than earning extra AM any day of the week and saving THAT much while they still have a 5X multiplier going on AND a pillow hubby wants is already marked down from almost $400 to $130 this allowed me to make my $100 transaction on the secondary card. I've even got a second order in the back of my mind -- just watching what the next few days of "One Day Sale" might turn up.

This coupled with the help I've so graciously had from a couple of you will mean i just might get both cards to complete the full promo :cool1:

Last edited:
Couple of questions to ask before i can possibly answer this ....
  1. What was your Pre-tax amount? $168 guess I should have mentioned that. I made sure to go over the $150 value.
  2. Did your credit card get charged once or twice? As of right now I have 1 transaction pending from Staples so I would say 1.
If the answer to 1 is LESS than $160 you would only get the 3 miles (no rounding done)
If the answer to 2 is once then you're fine, if the answer is twice then it becomes a tad ify.

You could also look at your receipt from the Staples and it the pre-tax amount is above the $150 mark you would have a solid argument if AM decides to say you didn't meet the coupon requirements. In my experience with orders that get split up for delivery if I met the threshold amount the miles posted properly.
I think I should be good then.

So not so lucky with the airmilesshops, did 3 $100 orders:

1. Chapters. I was racing against midnight on Cyber Monday, had $40 in books and filled the rest with 2 $25 Chapters physical giftcards and 1 $10 email gc. So far credit card has a $10 and $25 charge pending so looks like this will be a split transaction. Lesson learned for next time.
2. Amazon. My mess up, used same airmiles account as above so I have two $100 purchases under same account, might have been for the best in the end. One shipment, everything arrived.
3. Sephora. I only shop here for things I can't get anywhere else in Canada. Received an email this morning that they ran out of stock and cancelled over half my order. 5 days later!!! They were in stock when I ordered on Black Friday. I spent at least an hour this morning trying to get my money back, evidently they can't reverse a gift card transaction unless it's for the whole amount.

So I'm 1 for 3 for airmilesshops $100 STB. So far no airmiles postings so I'll see what happens.

I'm travelling for work and will be able to make purchases towards STB in Nova Scotia next week (live in Ontario) - will they still count towards STB? Or does it all have to be in one province?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter