Airmiles MEGA MILES ****Bonus miles are posting now*** Timeline added to 1st post

I purchased from Staples on March 8 and mine posted today.

However, could someone please explain how the 10x air miles at Staples works? The bill was $80.43 before tax. My understanding is Staples offers 1 air mile for every $40 spent. So I should have recevied 2 base miles correct? And the bonus miles should be 2 x 9 air miles for 18 air miles = 20 total air miles? Or is my math incorrect?

Posted to my account was 1 base mile and 9 bonus miles.

Staples posted correctly to my husband's account (2 base miles and 18 bonus miles) for a total of 20 air miles.

Also on my husband's acount, Foodland has posted the base miles & flyer/in-store bonus miles, but NOT the mega miles on the coupon.

Has anyone had Foodland post the mega miles yet?

Just curious - where is the 60 AM LoadnGo? this must be targeted based on demographics and shopping history data as the AM site loadngo section has never had a single offer for my card ever

I'm in Clarington area of Ontario. The 60 L+G shows up on my card but my husband has yet to have a single L+G offer on his.

Just curious - where is the 60 AM LoadnGo? this must be targeted based on demographics and shopping history data as the AM site loadngo section has never had a single offer for my card ever

I'm in Clarington area of Ontario. The 60 L+G shows up on my card but my husband has yet to have a single L+G offer on his.
When Rexall first went to the LoadnGo offers they were targeted and directly related to what you regularly bought with the occasional item that was based on the type of items you bought but now we all seem to be getting exactly the same offers that are both pathetic and not at all targeted! To get them you need to be sure you have set up your Airmiles account to receive emails from them & sponsors by going into your profile and selecting that option. IF you have already done this you can try this: click on the edit button, uncheck the yes box, click on save changes & sign out of our account. Then sign back into your account and reverse the process to sign back up & sign out of your account again. Once you have done that you can go to the site for LnG and cross your fingers that you are able to see some offers since it took about a month for them to get triggered on my new account i set up during StB
Rexall LoadnGo sign in

However, could someone please explain how the 10x air miles at Staples works? The bill was $80.43 before tax. My understanding is Staples offers 1 air mile for every $40 spent. So I should have recevied 2 base miles correct? And the bonus miles should be 2 x 9 air miles for 18 air miles = 20 total air miles? Or is my math incorrect?

Staples posted correctly to my husband's account (2 base miles and 18 bonus miles) for a total of 20 air miles.
Your math is correct and it leads me to think that perhaps the wrong coupon code was used? There was a coupon last week that gave you 10 miles TOTAL. If you see the same coupon code on your receipt as on your hubby's i would try an on-line chat to see if you can get a kind soul who will be willing to give you the extra 10 miles instead of handing you the company line of 60 days for base & 120 for bonus. You clearly were already given the miles just not the correct amount.

Regarding the Foodland MM coupon the FAQs have a rather ambiguous answer meaning, once again, keeping a coupon attached to your receipt to remind you to follow-up if need be!

Partners Miles and Miles you receive for using 3 or 5 offers may be deposited in your Collector Account at different times.

Ok, so I found out the answer about the Staples air miles. I went to Air Miles chat and spoke with Charles.

Turns out Staples has exclusions and those exclusions include "delivery services, assembly services, all gift cards, self-serve copying, charitable donations, electronics levies, environmental and other third party fees".

He asked me to look at my receipt and there's a $1.50 Ontario Recycling Fee. Which puts my order UNDER $80 for the coupon / air miles instead of $80.43 before tax. Ugh.. I never knew.

Charlies kindly posted 10 air miles to my account. Very nice of him!

I should clarify. It put my $ total under $80 for the 2 base miles plus 2x9 bonus miles I thought I was getting. My total was still over $75 for the Mega Mile coupon 90040 that is on my receipt. So it still counts for my MM shopping!

Last edited:

Glad to hear you got to the bottom of it. I was about to suggest it was likely something they don't allow. I know there was a whole list of them.

Also on my husband's acount, Foodland has posted the base miles & flyer/in-store bonus miles, but NOT the mega miles on the coupon.

Has anyone had Foodland post the mega miles yet?

I used the Spend $60 get 20AM coupon at Foodland Mar 9, AM posted Mar 14th. Sometimes Foodland takes an extra week to get it all correct.

airmilesshops.ca question for you experts!

The Mega Miles reward needs 2 separate purchases through airmilesshops. Well, one of the stores I picked had the perfect little sleepers that were all on clearance, so I got so excited and ordered 3. I added a pair of pants to bump myself up to free shipping. Since placing the order, the store has messaged me to say that 2 of the sleepers have been cancelled because they were out of stock (of course, the two that were cancelled were my favourites). The other two items shipped separately: first the pants (6$), and second one sleeper (16$). So there are two separate charges on my credit card for each amount. Is this going to fulfil the coupon requirements?

(of course, I could always be safe and place a self-indulgent Sephora order, but I would feel much better about this option if it was the suggestion of my brilliant air miles hunters! ;) )

airmilesshops.ca question for you experts!

The Mega Miles reward needs 2 separate purchases through airmilesshops. Well, one of the stores I picked had the perfect little sleepers that were all on clearance, so I got so excited and ordered 3. I added a pair of pants to bump myself up to free shipping. Since placing the order, the store has messaged me to say that 2 of the sleepers have been cancelled because they were out of stock (of course, the two that were cancelled were my favourites). The other two items shipped separately: first the pants (6$), and second one sleeper (16$). So there are two separate charges on my credit card for each amount. Is this going to fulfil the coupon requirements?

(of course, I could always be safe and place a self-indulgent Sephora order, but I would feel much better about this option if it was the suggestion of my brilliant air miles hunters! ;) )
I had this happen with an Amazon order during StB .. i only really wanted one thing and everything else was added to get me to free shipping, yup, the one thing i needed was not in stock ANYWHERE so they cancelled that part of the order. Because the AM only get added to your account once the order has shipped i didn't get any miles. OH YEAH, this didn't resolve itself until after the promo ended so if I hadn't placed waaaaaay more than the 2 required i would have missed out on a chunk of miles.
I'm not sure how your order will play out, i find it odd that they charged your card twice but I'm thinking that could mess with the $20 requirement .
OH and there is this little thing right now, just saying
upload_2018-3-20_21-1-58.png

When LCBO posts, is there no indication of Mega Miles on the receipt or when it posts? I got my 4 bonus miles, but nothing to indicate MM.

That's normal. It should say the type of bottle you bought. That combined with your copy of the LCBO listing of what qualifies would be all you need to prove you qualified (if necessary).

Still no airmilesshops miles on my account. This is just getting weird now. Amazon usually posts within a couple of days. It really annoys me since it is the only way that we know if we've got two purchases to qualify for the mega miles deal.

Still no airmilesshops miles on my account. This is just getting weird now. Amazon usually posts within a couple of days. It really annoys me since it is the only way that we know if we've got two purchases to qualify for the mega miles deal.

My airmileshops Staples shop posted last night, March 9 purchase, one day behind those that bought March 8 in-store and received points yesterday. No airmileshops points but I know those sometimes come after.

I'm still waiting on two Chapters shops from March 8, also unusually late.

A couple of reminders for this weekend
  • Metro MM coupon is live Thursday March 22nd - Sunday March 25th -- use 95 cash miles get 50 AM (deposited to your preferred account) This is also in the flyer but no idea if it will double-up like the Sobey's/Urban Fresh did yet. You can use the coupon ONCE but the flyer offer is once PER DAY
Don't have enough cash miles to take advantage of this coupon? Shop at Rexall today (if you account is already set to cash) or tomorrow (if you need to switch it to cash, takes till 3 am the next day), use that MM coupon and get a guaranteed 40 AM or wait till Friday to see if there are any good deals in the flyer that will give you more miles. Rexall posts their miles within 24 hours so you can then hit up Metro! If you need a reminder of how cash miles work, give a shout out and i'll pull some info together.

• Rexall Coupon went live on the 17th and is good thru the 6th --- you can use it as many times as you want till then (only counts once towards MM)

• Hudson Bay coupon still active and if you haven't shopped yet you might be interested in the Friends & Family sale this weekend -- info in this post Hudson Bay Sale

• ATLANTIC -- you have your Sobeys coupon going live spend $150 get 95 AM

I had this happen with an Amazon order during StB .. i only really wanted one thing and everything else was added to get me to free shipping, yup, the one thing i needed was not in stock ANYWHERE so they cancelled that part of the order. Because the AM only get added to your account once the order has shipped i didn't get any miles. OH YEAH, this didn't resolve itself until after the promo ended so if I hadn't placed waaaaaay more than the 2 required i would have missed out on a chunk of miles.
I'm not sure how your order will play out, i find it odd that they charged your card twice but I'm thinking that could mess with the $20 requirement .
OH and there is this little thing right now, just saying
View attachment 310155

thanks! it was my first time ordering from bed bath and beyond, and it sure didn’t go well! Seems pretty unreliable. They only charge your card as items ship, and the 2 items shipped separately, so I’m guessing you’re probably right it could mess with the 20$ requirement. Lucky I ordered early in the mega miles promotion, I guess. Now time to order some frivolous sephora goods!

thanks! it was my first time ordering from bed bath and beyond, and it sure didn’t go well! Seems pretty unreliable. They only charge your card as items ship, and the 2 items shipped separately, so I’m guessing you’re probably right it could mess with the 20$ requirement. Lucky I ordered early in the mega miles promotion, I guess. Now time to order some frivolous sephora goods!
I'm just glancing thru the HBC website right now at baby stuff and not sure of your $$ mark OR what you need/want but there are some seriously cute onesies for $5-ish PLUS you'll be able to get the discount i was talking about above!

**ETA .. akkkk why aren't any of MY kids pregnant?!?!? some of these things are just too darned cute and pretty cheap too!
LOOK a toque that does it all .. screams I'm Canadian AND sports hidden Mickey ears for $10
upload_2018-3-21_13-30-11.png

Last edited:
My Mega Miles shops:

***** Card # 1 Mine*****

1. L.C.B.O. (done)

2. Sobeys OTC product ( done)

3. HBC (done),,somehow I just don't trust this one to post.

4. Rexall (done)

5. Foodland (done)

6. Metro (Tomorrow) extra just incase.(done March 22)

****Card # 2 (sons card)****

1. LCBO (done)

2. Sobeys OTC product (done)

3. Shell (done)

4. Rexall---(March 21st purchase) ,,I have already flagged this with Airmiles---purchase came to $40.07 (before taxes) ---no mega miles and no Load and Go miles posted to receipt -----manager at Rexall added the miles (60 + 40 ) ....she said because I purchased 2, 5 cent plastic bags that it screwed up the miles?
Airmiles says it will count as a Mega Miles purchase and has put a note on the account. (So I think it's a done).All three receipts are stapled and in an envelope.

5. Metro (tomorrow).(Done March 22).

6. Shell (may add this as a backup extra).

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
When LCBO posts, is there no indication of Mega Miles on the receipt or when it posts? I got my 4 bonus miles, but nothing to indicate MM.
It’s not on the receipt but when it’s posted, it lists specific items that were bought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter