Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just over two weeks and we'll be in Orlando! Looking forward to flying Porter, though the flights are late so I hope they don't get delayed too much. Going to SeaWorld and Universal, I've been reading lots about both and figuring out if I'll be able to do all the rides, kiddo wants to do everything and I am not so keen. I look forward to not having to cook or do dishes for a whole week :) I do wish I could buy giftcards in advance like I do for Disney though, having to just pay for things when I'm there is a little annoying, I prefer to have as much as possible paid in advance. Oh well.

We won't be doing any trips this summer, kiddo has to redo Math, and he doesn't want to travel so I guess we'll just be hanging out at home.

AM have not been that great lately, but I have been able to redeem a few $10 here and there. Not sure what I'll do when we get back, stick with cash or a split again? With the changes to travel bookings, it's hard to say. I hope they do make it all one pool sooner than later.

Also hope Scene brings back giftcards, I have a bunch of money in scene points from online rakuten purchases and I don't shop at those stores.

Has anyone noticed that the card link offer for Dollarama is slow to post these day?
I have done 3 shops in the past week or so and nothing has posted since Feb 8th. Now I will have to keep better track of these purchases but I will go out on Saturday and shop there for the bonus points.

Read fine print..i think its for Mar 2 only.
Plus i believe only on base,,not bonus miles. Sorry to be Debbie downer

iv) Bonus Miles earned on qualifying purchases made through airmilescardlink.ca. To get Bonus Miles through airmilescardlink.ca, collectors must link their eligible Canadian Mastercard to their AIR MILES collector number and make eligible purchases using the linked Canadian Mastercard at participating brands during the promotion period and meet the criteria required for the bonus offers. For details on how to link an eligible Canadian Mastercard and for each unique offer’s terms and conditions, please visit airmilescardlink.ca.

Edited to add: yes, it is only on March 2 but you can get the multiplier on bonus miles with cardlink offers!

Weirdest thing just happened. I mentioned a couple of pages back about a Flash offer redemption that I did in December. Hadn't seen the bonus AM yet.

I decided to fill in a missing miles report about them. Typed all the information into the form and by the time I clicked on return to AM.ca the miles were posted to my account with the words "Missing Miles". I'm floored but happy.

still plugging away, collecting miles where I can. Have scored a few through amazon shopping for the upcoming trip - 11 days and counting ::yes:: I can't freaking wait - especially with this little blast of winter we are having right now.

I just placed one last amazon shop...and will hit Dollarama today for another gc for a tea and muffin morning pit stop!

I seen the posts about cancelling any reservations with AM. I have to say I'm quite disappointed. I guess that limits how I'll use them going forward. Oh well...I will still collect what I can and see how I spend them.

still plugging away, collecting miles where I can. Have scored a few through amazon shopping for the upcoming trip - 11 days and counting ::yes:: I can't freaking wait - especially with this little blast of winter we are having right now.

I just placed one last amazon shop...and will hit Dollarama today for another gc for a tea and muffin morning pit stop!

I seen the posts about cancelling any reservations with AM. I have to say I'm quite disappointed. I guess that limits how I'll use them going forward. Oh well...I will still collect what I can and see how I spend them.
Yes my daughter spent most of the day on the phone in order to cancel our fully refundable hotel booked with her airmiles. She called on the Onyx line and on was hold for a very long time, used the call back feature and approximately two hours later she was able to cancel the air miles hotel reservation. The air miles are back in her account and it can take up to two billing cycles to see the refund on the credit card for the booking fee and taxes. She had a very poor call connection and had a difficult time hearing the agent. The agent wanted her to call back and she refused, told her she had spent hours on hold in order to cancel this reservation. So pack your patience if you want to cancel a refundable hotel reservation with air miles. Now I am off to book Drury Lake Buena Vista with scene points. Booking online with be all scene points and zero money. If we need to cancel it can be done in minutes online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter