Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Happy Birthday!
Travel - synonymous with anxiety to the nth degree as you hurry up and wait.....over and over again.

That scan the receipts thingy is beyond frustrating. I purchased yogurt at one store and broccoli at another. In each case it was the only thing on the receipt. One came back we don't see anything that applies and the other one said I had already submitted the receipt. I just got home from doing groceries and definitely hadn't submitted it. Does Metro submit receipts automatically.

I'll fight for the 100AM and not bother with that part of the program again.

Vent over.

That scan the receipts thingy is beyond frustrating. I purchased yogurt at one store and broccoli at another. In each case it was the only thing on the receipt. One came back we don't see anything that applies and the other one said I had already submitted the receipt. I just got home from doing groceries and definitely hadn't submitted it. Does Metro submit receipts automatically.

Vent over.

I just submitted Food Basics, 5 avocado claims and 2 tostitos and it just said we need more time and is in the review queue.

The last one, only other one, I submitted a few days ago and it failed, submitted an inquiry and was given the points today. I had two Astro yogurt claims but only received points for one, terms say up to 15 but offer listing doesn't say that as others do so I suspect it is only for one.

Vent over.
I won't be doing it any more lol. I bought Astro yogurt and tortillas, had to submit a claim because they said there was nothing on the receipt I could claim. They gave me the tortillas and the 100 AM bonus. I never got the Astro and am done with it. I may do the big bonuses but I certainly won't be going out of my way with this thing. I have enough fights over other AM posting properly, I don't need to add to the stress of it.

buyerbrad

See highlighted area​

brad1.jpg

Terms & Conditions​

AIR MILES collectors will get 100 Bonus Miles when they spend $100 with a credit card, 1000 Bonus Miles when they spend $500 with a credit card and get 2500 Bonus Miles when they spend $1000 with a credit card (before taxes and fees) through AIR MILES Travel. Limit of one offer per collector number. Collector must book between November 22 to November 28, 2023. To make a qualifying purchase all bookings including flight, accommodation, car rental, packages, and extras must be made on AIR MILES Travel via https://travel.airmiles.ca/en/travel.html. This offer is not valid on cruise bookings. Offer can be combined with other offers. Please allow up to 90 days after the end of the offer period for Bonus Miles to be awarded. AIR MILES reserves the right to change or retract an offer at any time without prior notice, or to retract an offer for deceptive booking behaviour, including but not limited to creating multiple collector numbers and booking with intention of cancelling. AIR MILES reserves the right to offer a Reward Miles earn rate at an equivalent or greater value to all collectors. By participating in this offer you agree to the AIR MILES Travel Terms of Use. ™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Travel Services Inc.

Is each mile amount a different offer?
Hmmmm if I was doing this I would make a CHAT or phone call to Airmiles to confirm that,, I don't think each mile amount is a different offer but I maybe wrong.

Mel

Wording on Flash Offer says
Get up To 2500 Airmiles for this offer

brad2.jpg

Last edited:
So could I purchase my WDW tickets from the extras category using a credit card AND get these bonus points? Should I chat with them first? Can anyone think of any drawbacks to this idea? They do have the Canadian Resident Tickets for sale here.

1700764888573.png

So could I purchase my WDW tickets from the extras category using a credit card AND get these bonus points? Should I chat with them first? Can anyone think of any drawbacks to this idea? They do have the Canadian Resident Tickets for sale here.

View attachment 812912
Yeah know I was thinking the same thing but I am not sure ,,,me the worry wart would call/Chat first.

Edited to add:

It seems to confirm it in the Terms and Conditions:
To make a qualifying purchase all bookings including flight, accommodation, car rental, packages, and extras must be made on AIR MILES Travel via https://travel.airmiles.ca/en/travel.html. This offer is not valid on cruise bookings. Offer can be combined with other offers.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Yeah know I was thinking the same thing but I am not sure ,,,me the worry wart would call/Chat first.

Edited to add:

It seems to confirm it in the Terms and Conditions:
To make a qualifying purchase all bookings including flight, accommodation, car rental, packages, and extras must be made on AIR MILES Travel via https://travel.airmiles.ca/en/travel.html. This offer is not valid on cruise bookings. Offer can be combined with other offers.
Hugs Mel
HUGS RIGHT BACK AT YOU!
I was missing just under 3000 miles to get enough for my personal shopper quote on after hours tickets so this with all my black friday shopping will put me way over what I need.

It looks like they are issued as 'will call' certificates only. That's a bit of a bummer but I guess not the end of the world.
As in you'd have to go to Guest relations in a Park or Disney Springs and pick them up?
Hmmm that doesn't sound too bad. Wonder if you could add them ahead of time to your (MDE) Disney account?

It looks like they are issued as 'will call' certificates only. That's a bit of a bummer but I guess not the end of the world.
My party tickets were issued via email and I was able to add them to MDE easily so I don't need to go pick anything up. If you are looking at the Canadian tickets, you likely have to show a passport to claim them like has happened before.

So I plan to wait till 5 minutes after 12 tonight to purchase my computer via Airmiles site.
I really hope they don't sell out of the computer I want.
I looked at some other companies and Best Buy is the one I really want to buy it from.
If I do luck out my plan is a small shop via Staples ,, not great use of the 40X Max Pass but there is nothing else I need right now.
I might need a little afternoon snooze today.
snoopy-sleep-ronald-m-cole-transparent.png
Wish me luck.
Hugs Mel

My party tickets were issued via email and I was able to add them to MDE easily so I don't need to go pick anything up. If you are looking at the Canadian tickets, you likely have to show a passport to claim them like has happened before.
I was just comparing the fine print on the airmiles site which says your vouchers can be exchanged... to the Disney site directly which says your tickets can be added to your account but need verification (drivers license seems acceptable). I guess with no park reservations in January I can deal with the voucher system but it would add a layer of worry that something goes wrong. And with no ticket I guess I would not be able to buy genie plus on travel day at 9AM (we wouldn't be at the parks until 3:30ish).

Anyone who has booked flights with Airmiles on Porter for flights to the USA.

When and where did you enter all your passport information as well as the hotel you're staying at. The website (Porter) says to go into manage bookings and then passengers and modify the information there. As I booked through Airmiles it won't allow me access to that part of the bookings management. Do I just wait and do it when I check in for my flight? Is this something that will open up to me a month out from my flight?

I just sat on hold with Airmiles for 45 minutes and gave up. Porter won't talk to me because I booked through Airmiles. Help!

Anyone who has booked flights with Airmiles on Porter for flights to the USA.

When and where did you enter all your passport information as well as the hotel you're staying at. The website (Porter) says to go into manage bookings and then passengers and modify the information there. As I booked through Airmiles it won't allow me access to that part of the bookings management. Do I just wait and do it when I check in for my flight? Is this something that will open up to me a month out from my flight?

I just sat on hold with Airmiles for 45 minutes and gave up. Porter won't talk to me because I booked through Airmiles. Help!
I don't have an answer for you Hon but wanted to say having to deal with 3rd party reservations sucks.
It took me more than 2 weeks of searching on how to get a Airmiles Hotel accommodation reservation request addressed.
Hopefully someone who has done his before will be able to help you.

Thinking of you
Hugs Mel

I have no idea when I did this and for which offer it was for,,, but it posted tonight.
I need a better tracking system,, I didn't know I was owed these miles.

November 23, 2023
Metro
Bonus reward miles
+95

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter