Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Hubby needs a new laptop and I've been doing my best to get him to wait for some type of promotion, I'm happy with 11x but it depends on delivery time since we leave to see donald in <gulp> 12 days . Last time he ordered one from Dell it was left on the doorstep, no extra packaging, so very clear it was an expensive laptop 😖
fingers crossed black Friday, his specific needs and the multiplier gods are working in sync !

Hubby needs a new laptop and I've been doing my best to get him to wait for some type of promotion, I'm happy with 11x but it depends on delivery time since we leave to see donald in <gulp> 12 days . Last time he ordered one from Dell it was left on the doorstep, no extra packaging, so very clear it was an expensive laptop 😖
fingers crossed black Friday, his specific needs and the multiplier gods are working in sync !
Dells black Friday deals have already started, so you can at least look to see the deal and the time frame. I understand the AM deal may be better then, but 11x isn't too bad.

Are the Disney tickets gone from the site? The link Damo posted a while back only brings up cruises for me now. Searching yields zero results.

Are the Disney tickets gone from the site? The link Damo posted a while back only brings up cruises for me now. Searching yields zero results.
You have to search under attractions now. Pick the city you want. Orlando, Orlando WDW, Orlando Universal. It does not look the same. You can choose however many days you want now, including 1 day WDW tickets. You can pay $ or AM but it's not very intuitive, the cost is at the top of the page when you select them, it shows the $ amount but scroll up to see the AM cost. You have to search to paying dream miles or $. It is messy and I don't like it lol. But I am sure I will get used to it.

Last edited:

Click on Travel
click on Extras
put in Orlando
https://bookings.airmiles.ca/Availability/Default.aspx?itin=1

click on View Options
Ok it does allow from a drop down menu days (click on view options)
https://bookings.airmiles.ca/Availability/Default.aspx?itin=3View attachment 809590

Dang now I'm only get cash purchase and not Airmiles option .....
sorry ,, maybe someone else has had better luck.
Hugs Mel
If you select it, the choice you want, and scroll to the top it will show the AM cost.

If you select it, the choice you want, and scroll to the top it will show the AM cost.
Thanks Hon,, why oh why do they keep changing things?
Mighty confusing.
I did click use dream miles but it still won't give me a price in Airmiles just defaults to cash. weird.
EDIT:
Ok I just tried again and logged into the Airmiles web site and I get an amount in Airmiles ,,rather high!

Thanks again
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Thanks Hon,, why oh why do they keep changing things?
Mighty confusing.
Thanks again
Hugs Mel

It's super annoying! I know they have added some stuff, like any type of transfer you can imagine, but the site is not user friendly, who does their UX testing? I hope they will add some more items to the "extras" like maybe those SeaWorld tickets I want to get :) It is nice to be able to use AM for even 1 day tickets though, but it's not as good a deal as it once was for sure.

I don't know if this is a good deal or not
1699717057441.png
Private transfers from the airport to the hotel, per person of course and there are two of us. Which doesn't really make sense to me since it's a car, like if there are 1 or 2 people, it's the same distance. Any way! That's from up at the top of the screen,

It's super annoying! I know they have added some stuff, like any type of transfer you can imagine, but the site is not user friendly, who does their UX testing? I hope they will add some more items to the "extras" like maybe those SeaWorld tickets I want to get :) It is nice to be able to use AM for even 1 day tickets though, but it's not as good a deal as it once was for sure.

View attachment 809594
Private transfers from the airport to the hotel, per person of course and there are two of us. Which doesn't really make sense to me since it's a car, like if there are 1 or 2 people, it's the same distance. Any way! That's from up at the top of the screen,
A little pricey for me as I just usually Uber it . But if you have airmiles to spend it's nice to have that Option.
Fingers crossed for those Sea World tickets!

now I think I need more
Coffee-Makes-Me-User-Friendly-Snoopy-Shirt.png

Hugs Mel

View attachment 809594
Does it indicate who the private transportation provider is?

Does it indicate who the private transportation provider is?
No, so I didn't ourchase it. I will probably just Uber instead. But it is interesting to see all the options. I would have liked more details though, like who the provider is, and there was nowhere to out in the time before booking.

We're listening to Christmas music, hubby just ordered the computer, we were looking at all of the gingerbread and chocolate displays that we're going to get to see, finding out where and how I can get my donald duck Christmas tree sipper - seriously, how can I NOT get that?!‐ busy but I've not moved off the couch in over an hour.

he did an online chat while configuring the computer with some amazing customer service rep and the computer will be here Tuesday! We'll earn over 3, 000 dell points (who knows what we'll do with those this time, last ones were used to *buy* Google TV chromecast for both TVs) and I expect about 1,000 airmiles.

I'm watching the airfare for our February trip, my nails sure are getting short 🙃 can't decide if I'll wait until black Friday/ cyber Monday (which means while we're in Disney!) Or something new I just heard about Travel Tuesday! Eeek, so many exciting things squished into one day.

Screenshot_20231111_140211_Chrome.jpg

Decided that I wanted EX Pass for Universal,,, just bought on Under cover tourist!!!
2c49620e956121fef9eb81fcbad3e274.jpg
15 days and counting...........................
Going to put those Starbucks dollars to good use.
Hugs Mel

My resort Housekeeping envelope
I like to fill it before I leave home
housekeeping7.jpg

Last edited:
Well I'm jealous of all you who are leaving soon. I keep looking at airfare but I'm not willing to pay what I see. Maybe it will come down for black Friday but I'm not holding my breath. Would love to take a trip somewhere beginning of December before the Christmas hustle starts.

Get the sipper cup by all means Jacqueline. Way too cute to pass up. Mel, take me with you on your trip to Universal. It's going to be hard to wait until next April.

You two are going to have great well deserved trips. Enjoy the weather and the festive decorations. I might have to plan on a Christmas time trip for next year.

I am heading to Disneyland on Wed and I have done very little planning and have not been there is 15 years.

Staying at the Candy Cane Inn and have park reservations for each park. I have downloaded the Disneyland App and figure I will Get Genie Plus for 2 days . Is there any way that I can apply Disney gift cards to the App so I can use the Gift cards to pay for the Genie Plus?

Was not planning on getting a magic band but I keep reading that you then need your phone for each ride , is that because of Genie Plus?

I am heading to Disneyland on Wed and I have done very little planning and have not been there is 15 years.

Staying at the Candy Cane Inn and have park reservations for each park. I have downloaded the Disneyland App and figure I will Get Genie Plus for 2 days . Is there any way that I can apply Disney gift cards to the App so I can use the Gift cards to pay for the Genie Plus?

Was not planning on getting a magic band but I keep reading that you then need your phone for each ride , is that because of Genie Plus

My daughter and I were just at Disneyland last week.
We had Genie Plus for Disneyland but not for DCA/California Adventure.
We felt we needed Genie Plus in DL but not at DCA.
We did not buy ILL for Rise of the Resistance. Instead we just did the standby line around 2pm. Then we went back at 7:30pm and it was only a 15 minute wait. I watched and excellent YouTube video about it from a channel called FreshBaked. He has up to date info on many topics and well worth the watch for tips and tricks.

We debated buying magic bands but in the end we just used our phones and yes, you do need them if you buy Genie Plus but it is super easy. You just open the app, find your Genie Plus ressie and there are scanners at the beginning of the line ups. It is very similar to the old fast pass system in a way.

A few things I learned:
This was my first time using Genie Plus so I am sure most of you guys know this but I didn't.
Genie Plus for certain rides on buys days will eventually be all gone, even though you paid for Genie Plus.
For example-at 11:30 am, we noticed that the ONLY Genie Plus return time available for Indiana Jones was 9:10pm. We snagged it and I am soooo glad we did. The app said the wait time for standby was over 75 minutes all day long.
So check early for the rides you really want to go on with Genie Plus.

I had read on the Disboards that you can make a Genie Plus ressie every two hours or after you use your Genie Plus ressie. Soooo don't forget that you can make one after two hours even if your ressie is in the evening like mine for Indy was.

The holiday food booths opened on Nov 10th so there are many different food offerings.

The food at SanFranSokyo Square in DCA was really good but use mobile ordering if you can.
I ended up waiting 45 minutes in line for a Baymax macaron!

So I'm planning a points and miles-financed (as much as possible), two-week trip to Japan for my family in 2026. Last week, I had to go to Japan for work. I added a personal day and went to see Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea!

Highly, highly recommended!!! Parks were super clean, people were very fun with their Disney gear, line-ups were calm and highly efficient, and the theming was next-level - especially at DisneySea! I did two trackless rides at Disneyland which were a first for me. Amazing!!!

I stayed at the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay. It's across the street from the monorail. The supper at the Club Lounge was fantastic - like 4 or 5 different types of "stations". I didn't get to take advantage of all the amenities b/c I didn't have enough time.

I was really impressed and can't wait to take my family in a couple years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter