Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I received my flu shot at a doctors appointment a few weeks ago. No side effects from that. I also received an email reminder about the covid vaccine however it said if you have had Covid not to get it for six months. Both DH and I had Covid in September. I think we have to wait a bit.

Can we not transfer tickets between people anymore? I have funds waiting in my name and DH and I was hoping to be able to get a ticket for me and DS with those funds. I hope I've just misinterpreted your comment.

Getting my Covid and Flu tomorrow. I've planned two down days afterwards just in case. Will report back, the good or the bad.

@hdrolfe, a number of the Rexalls around me are not taking appointments, they are walk-in only. Call your favourite pharmacy and see what they are doing. Rexall is having computer issues. DH got reminders for his shots and a text. I got nothing. I called the pharmacy and she sees our appointments so all is good. If the big pharmacies don't have availability try some of the smaller independent ones. That's what we did in April for our shots before our spring trip.
My tickets are complimentary ones that the sweet cast member converted our 10 day park hoppers to. Technically we shouldn't even have those! We had 7 days left from the 10 day hoppers when my mom had her stroke and then died in March, and they turned them into 7 one-day hoppers in each of our names. I'm not even going to push it, we're fortunate that we have any! So long as tickets haven't been used you can transfer them to someone in your friend list. This is completely different

My tickets are complimentary ones that the sweet cast member converted our 10 day park hoppers to. Technically we shouldn't even have those! We had 7 days left from the 10 day hoppers when my mom had her stroke and then died in March, and they turned them into 7 one-day hoppers in each of our names. I'm not even going to push it, we're fortunate that we have any! So long as tickets haven't been used you can transfer them to someone in your friend list. This is completely different
If you are wanting to have hubby (or yourself...doesn't matter which) use all those single tickets he still can even if you can't transfer them. Just set up your AP to a new person (this is a phantom guest) in your MDE. One of you will use that and then the other tickets can all be use by the other person regardless of who they are assigned to. You just need to make sure that you know which magicband or card they are attached to so that the user can have the right one for park entry.

Did that even make sense?

You made me look - mine are also more descriptive for the flash offers!View attachment 806615
For my flash offers I have the same description for the Walmart one. Only problem is I have that on both of my accounts but only made a Walmart purchase on one of them. So, wonder what the second one is actually for. Are either really for Walmart? I'm so so confused.
If you ask me, this is a mess.

If you are wanting to have hubby (or yourself...doesn't matter which) use all those single tickets he still can even if you can't transfer them. Just set up your AP to a new person (this is a phantom guest) in your MDE. One of you will use that and then the other tickets can all be use by the other person regardless of who they are assigned to. You just need to make sure that you know which magicband or card they are attached to so that the user can have the right one for park entry.

Did that even make sense?
this has me feeling hopeful. Anyone want to chime in with comments about this?
I'll need to show some kind of ID to activate the annual pass, correct?

If I want to be able to use the pass to book rooms with a future discount I'll need to have it be in one of our names for when we check in - don't they ask for ID?

if the above is correct then I don't think hubby would be able to use a magic band of mine to enter a park to use one of the tickets assigned to me? That would show me as being in the park twice 🤔

I don't want to scam the system, I mean, the tickets were a real dose of pixie dust. However, if there is a work around I'm game!

Happy 1st Nov

Card links Offer
Nov 1 to Nov 30th
cardlinkoffer31.jpg
cardlinkoffer33.jpg

My son got this one but so far I haven't got it
Nov 1 to 30th

cardlinkoffer32.jpg

Terms & Conditions​

This offer is exclusive and non-transferable. Offer is valid November 1, 2023 to November 30, 2023. To qualify, eligible collectors must click the “Opt in” button in the offer invitation by November 30, 2023. Any Miles earned in connection with eligible purchases made at any participating Metro location in Ontario, excluding Thunder Bay with the collector number associated with the recipient’s collector account will qualify towards the earn requirement. All eligible Miles must be earned before 11:59 p.m. ET on November 30, 2023, and subsequently posted to your collector account. Limit of one offer per collector number. Offer is for single time use. Offer may be combined with other Metro and AIR MILES offers. AIR MILES card must be presented at the time of the purchase. Please allow up to 90 days after the end of the offer period for Bonus Miles to be awarded. Purchases are required to earn Miles at Metro as follows: 1 Mile for every $20 spent in a single transaction. Reward Miles will not be awarded on taxes, tobacco, beer, wine, cider, Western Union, lottery, transit tickets, stamps, gift cards, prescription medications, behind-the-counter pharmacy items, and purchases from in-store vendors. For details and a list of participating stores, visit metro.ca. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. and Metro Ontario Inc.

Attachments

• cardlinkoffer30.jpg
    cardlinkoffer30.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
this has me feeling hopeful. Anyone want to chime in with comments about this?
I'll need to show some kind of ID to activate the annual pass, correct?

If I want to be able to use the pass to book rooms with a future discount I'll need to have it be in one of our names for when we check in - don't they ask for ID?

if the above is correct then I don't think hubby would be able to use a magic band of mine to enter a park to use one of the tickets assigned to me? That would show me as being in the park twice 🤔

I don't want to scam the system, I mean, the tickets were a real dose of pixie dust. However, if there is a work around I'm game!
You raise a good point....I wasn't thinking it from the angle of resort check in or dining discounts. I was only thinking in terms of park entry.

First thing would be to try and transfer those singles to one person.

There is for sure a work around on this. I've got magic bands linked to three different MDE accounts and none of them are linked....so on paper I'm three different people with different tickets. I have used multiple bands on the same day. A totally separate MDE account just for that AP might the answer.

ETA...for park entry, as long as no finger scan has been attached to the tickets it does not matter who uses them. Perhaps a phone call to find out the status of the singles....and maybe that person could transfer them all to one person.

Happy 1st Nov

Card links Offer
Nov 1 to Nov 30th
View attachment 806763
View attachment 806778

My son got this one but so far I haven't got it
Nov 1 to 30th

View attachment 806765

Terms & Conditions​

This offer is exclusive and non-transferable. Offer is valid November 1, 2023 to November 30, 2023. To qualify, eligible collectors must click the “Opt in” button in the offer invitation by November 30, 2023. Any Miles earned in connection with eligible purchases made at any participating Metro location in Ontario, excluding Thunder Bay with the collector number associated with the recipient’s collector account will qualify towards the earn requirement. All eligible Miles must be earned before 11:59 p.m. ET on November 30, 2023, and subsequently posted to your collector account. Limit of one offer per collector number. Offer is for single time use. Offer may be combined with other Metro and AIR MILES offers. AIR MILES card must be presented at the time of the purchase. Please allow up to 90 days after the end of the offer period for Bonus Miles to be awarded. Purchases are required to earn Miles at Metro as follows: 1 Mile for every $20 spent in a single transaction. Reward Miles will not be awarded on taxes, tobacco, beer, wine, cider, Western Union, lottery, transit tickets, stamps, gift cards, prescription medications, behind-the-counter pharmacy items, and purchases from in-store vendors. For details and a list of participating stores, visit metro.ca. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. and Metro Ontario Inc.

I don't have it either.

Cardlink Offer 100 miles - So there are two in activation right now. One was until Nov 5 and then this new one until Nov 30. I wonder if we do one transaction before Nov 5 if we will end up technically doing both offers? But, it says only one offer for collector number.

Has anyone received their 100 miles for the AM Receipts offer?
Not that I can see.
I did change my transactions to "since Jan 1" by accident (I was trying to go back a bit to see if I got the receipts one) and realized that the increased offers has really changed my collecting this year! Since Jan. 1, 2023 = 8700 points. Since Oct. 1, 2023 = 4500 points!! Wild.

I learned a valuable Air Miles lesson today and maybe someone may benefit from it in the future.

A few months back I purchased Universal Hollywood tickets for myself and I planned a trip with my kids and grandkids to California to visit Universal and Disney.

Long story short, found out DH needs a triple bypass next week which is in the middle of the trip, so of course I can't go.

Disney allowed me to transfer my Disney tickets purchased through redtag to my daughter as she hadn't purchased her tickets yet. No issues.

Tried to do the same thing with my Universal Hollywood tickets and change the first name on the ticket to my son, who has cancellable tickets booked through Expedia. No go. Tried for about 1 1/2 hours with a wonderful agent at Red Tag named Ola, and there was nothing they could do. Universal Hollywood themselves said I needed to deal with Air Miles as there was nothing they could do on their end (unlike Disney who just changed them name.) So I eat the Air Miles.

So in the future, if you are getting Universal tickets through Redtag, perhaps wait as long as you can before purchasing!

Just sharing my feelings, lol.

Highs: Just pulled the trigger and booked the flights for the whole family (7) to go to WDW in Feb. Over the moon excited to be doing this one with all our adult kids and their spouses/partners.
Lows: Highest per person cost by FAR we have ever paid (have been going about every 2 years since 2011). $1200 per head from Saskatoon. Insane, usually get around the $500 a head range.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter