Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I think we can only purchase one $30 Netflix gift card and get 20 air miles. I was going to purchase multiple ones but when I read the terms underneath, I don't think it will give me 20 air miles for each $30 card.
Yeah I was hoping to pick up a few,,, oh well.
(Limit of one offer per collector number).
Hugs Mel

Ditto! After their debacle in December, it would take a lot to have me book with them. Hope the WestJet purchase helps make them better.
It's not recent issues....that wasn't just them but they took the brunt of it. They have a lengthy history of major problems. I honestly don't know how they are still in business. Better carriers have folded.

Just to add...I have travelled with them a couple of times and it was fine. We were with them in October going to Punta Cana. The price was $1000 less than Air Transat and I redeemed a bunch of AM so it was a relatively cheap trip. I wanted a specific resort and only had the two choices. Basically, it was no different than other experiences. Overall, fine but not good.

Last edited:
Yeah I was hoping to pick up a few,,, oh well.
(Limit of one offer per collector number).
Hugs Mel
I think we can only purchase one $30 Netflix gift card and get 20 air miles. I was going to purchase multiple ones but when I read the terms underneath, I don't think it will give me 20 air miles for each $30 card.
I'm just back, purchased 3 of the $30 and did receive 60 AM's. I think what it says means you can only use the offer once, not that you can only purchase one card.
Of course it's Metro so YMMV.

We fell into bed around 4 am. Flight just kept getting delayed and then it took forever for our bags to show up. We paid to upgrade to Premium Economy again so They were the first ones in the terminal but there was a lot of snow for those poor little carts to drive thru. Didn't get to enjoy my own bed yet though since Mocha was so sad about being alone all that time, poor little kitty voice is hoarse. She's not allowed in our bedroom so I spent the night in the spare giving her the chance to come and go as she wanted. Lots of cuddles

Welcome Home!
7441_home.jpg

Hugs Mel

Help with the Kitty

She is still so small but full of energy.
Two days ago she made the great escape outside and again today.
Our patio doors are used often.
I was hoping she would be an indoor kitty.
I have put her collar ID on her and scheduled a vet visit to get microchipped for Monday.
Those who have indoor cat ,,,??? how did you keep them from escaping?
Now that she's made it outside twice am I sunk?

Thanks
Hugs Mel

Help with the Kitty

She is still so small but full of energy.
Two days ago she made the great escape outside and again today.
Our patio doors are used often.
I was hoping she would be an indoor kitty.
I have put her collar ID on her and scheduled a vet visit to get microchipped for Monday.
Those who have indoor cat ,,,??? how did you keep them from escaping?
Now that she's made it outside twice am I sunk?

Thanks
Hugs Mel
Can you take her for walks? Or have a catio? She would still get to be outside but safely. My sister had two cats who went out on a leash, tied in the backyard. With someone out there with them.
I have one who tries to get out the back door when I let the dog in and out, have to be quick to stop him.
I have one who used to try and run out the front door, she got her tail almost caught in the door once and never tried again, not a method I recommend, felt terrible but she never did try again.

Well while I was doing the dishes she managed to get her collar off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, such an escape artist.
I think even with taking her out for walks (leash) she is still going to try and escape.
Oh the the joys of being a cat mama.
Thanks for the advice.
Hugs Mel

Well while I was doing the dishes she managed to get her collar off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, such an escape artist.
I think even with taking her out for walks (leash) she is still going to try and escape.
Oh the the joys of being a cat mama.
Thanks for the advice.
Hugs Mel
You can get cat harnesses! I bet one would feel more secure with an escape artist kitty.

My cat was an indoor cat until the dog came along. Once he saw the dog outside he wanted to go as well. We tried a leash and harness for a while. It worked you won't know until you try. The harness is tough if not impossible to get out of.

How does she get out of the house. Do you have a screen door that she is able to open. I put an extra hook on our screen door for that purpose and re-screened the door with pet proof screening. The "you can see through" stuff we usually use didn't stand up to cat scratches.

Just got this email from Airmiles. (only received it in my account, not the other two yet). Though I would share.

A message from the AIR MILES® Reward Program​

Dear AIR MILES® Reward Program Collector,
You are receiving this email to notify you that LoyaltyOne, Co. (the “Company”), which manages and operates the AIR MILES® Reward Program, has obtained an Order from the Ontario Superior Court of Justice (Commercial List) in Toronto, Ontario (the “Court”) (CV-23-00696017-00CL) granting the Company protection under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act (the “CCAA”).
The Order granted by the Court on March 10, 2023 among other things, allows the Company and its affiliates to continue to operate the AIR MILES® Reward Program.
What This Means For You
You will continue to be able to earn AIR MILES® at all current partner businesses and to redeem your AIR MILES® Cash Miles online or at participating partner stores and your AIR MILES® Dream Miles through the airmiles.ca or airmilesshops.ca websites. There are existing measures in place that protect your rewards miles and their value.
AIR MILES is moving ahead with its programs to drive greater consumer engagement through investments in the AIR MILES app and enhancing the collector value proposition in-store and online.
What’s Next
As part of the CCAA proceeding, the Company intends to pursue a sale of its business, including the AIR MILES® Reward Program. To facilitate that process, the Company has entered into a purchase agreement (the “Purchase Agreement”) with Bank of Montreal (the “Purchaser”). BMO’s proposed acquisition or a proposed acquisition by any other bidder will be subject to court approval.
Where to Get Information
The Initial Order also appointed KSV Restructuring Inc., as Monitor to oversee the Company’s CCAA proceeding. Information about the Court proceedings and a copy of Court orders can be found on the Monitor’s website at https://www.ksvadvisory.com/experience/case/loyaltyone. The Monitor may also be reached at L1@ksvadvisory.com or 844-249-2665. For questions related to your account, please reach out to AIR MILES Customer Care Centre at
416-226-5171 if you’re in Toronto and at 1-888-AIR-MILES (1-888-247-6453) for the rest of Canada and the United States.
Sincerely,
The AIR MILES® Reward Program

Just checking with anyone who has booked a hotel room with Airmiles.
Is the normal availability calendar only 10 months in advance.?
Like I can only book up until Dec 30 2023 right now?

Thanks
Mel

Last edited:
Final Update...

DD became unemployed and was evicted yesterday. :rotfl2:
She got home last night after a very loooooong day. Crew that have flights prior to 3pm have early debark which is 6am. Her flight was 2:25pm. So they have to go to the office at 5am to turn in ID's and pick up their passports.....passports are taken and held in the office when they embark. From there it's drag your luggage through immigration and out to the bus. She had made plans to ride to the airport with a friend who had a car at the port. They were going for breakfast and then DD was being dropped at MCO. DD was dropped off around 8am which was close to the same time as her friends that came by bus.....her friends brought along a little attitude for DD not coming on the bus. Basically, she had made plans to leave with her friend quite a while ago and even if they wanted others to come to breakfast it wasn't possible to get more bags in the car. Anyway DD met up with the others again at the airport, they all had flight similar flight times so they waited together. Here's where things start getting interesting. One of the others gets a notification that his flight is delayed....now he's going to miss his connecting flight. So he calls the DCL travel office....they immediately get him on another flight, so he's fine. Then someone else gets a delay notification. Right after that DD gets the first notification that her flight is delayed (I've got her flight in my app as well so I'm also seeing this) it says air traffic control issue. A little while passes and another notification that the flight is further delayed. At this point the flight is over an hour delayed. She heads up to check her bags at 11:30...hoping that they are still starting check in at the original time, they were. From there DD goes to get lunch before heading through security. She gets through security in 5 minutes which is so rare. Shortly after this another flight delay notification....now it's about 85 minutes. At this point she's getting to the point of being so tired (she had 3 hours sleep over night) that she's nearly in tears. She asks me what is she supposed to do. I tell her to take a walk and try to find a quiet corner and crash on the floor. Of course she says no. Then I tell her to pay the fee and go in the lounge. Also a no. I assume she did get a bit of a nap because I didn't hear from her for another hour. Then another notification, flight is now 2 hours delayed. The plane finally arrived around 3:45. Once everyone was on the plane and seated they pushed back. This was probably around 4:30. Then the pilot announces that they can't depart as there have no air traffic route. They sit for another hour out on the runway. DD gets a message from one of her friends in their group chat and it says 'raise your hand if you are sitting on the runway but can't take off'. Everyone responds with me too. They are all over 2 hours delayed. DD's plane took off after the time she was originally due to arrive home. On the upside, arriving to YYZ ....she landed and was walking off the plane within 10 minutes, no one in immigration and she had priority bags so hers came out first. She was landed and outside at the curb in 30 minutes. She walked through our front door at 9pm and the dog went crazy.

I'm actually dying for her to get up this morning...she has so much to tell and has lots of pics to show me. She said lots was said over the last week about what might be happening next for her. Based on some of it, friends thinks she has already been selected for the Treasure but will go to the Wonder first.

@dancin Disney style what an incredible whirlwind of a experience this has been for you and your daughter!
Thanks so much for posting updates along the way, it has been such a fun peek behind the curtain.
It's so nice she might be able to pick and choose the boat she might work on next.
Thanks....I've really enjoyed sharing it. I've only got a few friends that are genuinely interested in hear it all. I get it...the stories are long and really I don't have the time to tell it anyway. LOL...some days I start typing it here a little bit at a time over the course of the day.

She won't have any say in where she goes next. She has a couple of friends that have been doing this for a few years. They are very dialed in to the language that is used. This past week there were managers onboard to bring on the next cast. All week long things were said to DD and her friends just translated it. The mangers would already know what the plans are but they only speak in code until the offer is in writing. If she had any say she would like to do the Australia sailings but that doesn't line up with other things.

Spring forward. Man I hate the time change, my pets and I get so confused by what time it really is. I wish they'd do away with this tradition.

Only 59 days to go until Dianey. Trying not to think about it too much, there is a lot less planning this time. It is March Break here and kiddo wants to go to Tanger outlets for some spring shopping, I told him we should see what he already has and he doesn't want to. He will need shorts and tshirts for summer, and the trip. Got him sandals and light weight runners already. Not a fancy brand but hopefully he will wear them for more than Disney. I do wish we were going on a trip for March break but I have been hearing a lot of delays and flight issues so maybe this is better. We will go in May and have a great time. Now if only the snow will melt. It has been above 0 for a few days so it is slowly 🐌 melting. Maybe that will prevent some flooding.

Patiently waiting on some AM to post and then decide if I want to use them for Starbucks GC to use at Disney. Or Metro for groceries, or Disney GC.

I used to hate March Break with my three sons until I decided to make a plan ahead of time and do something everyday. If I heard I'm bored one more time I think I'd of given them to a new family.

Here are a few things we did.

Our house
Day of video games and movies followed by Pizza and Pop day.
(helped that their dad had a pinball machine in the garage).

Bundle up and go to the Zoo.

Casa Loma

Homemade Pizza Baking Day

Ontario Science center
,,, then eat at Frans 1940's Restaurant in Toronto (Family Tradition).
https://www.fransrestaurant.com/

Playdium with a friend

Book a hotel room and show in Niagara Falls
(They loved swimming in the water Park).
Used to go to Stage West theatre & Hotel till it closed.

Bob's Sugar Bush visit,, eat pancakes & syrup.
https://www.todocanada.ca/25-maple-farms-sugar-shacks-and-pancake-houses-to-visit-in-ontario/

Cineplex Odeon Movie day

International center usually had Cars/ sports / garden show

If they wanted to go to the Mall with friends I would just drive them there and then pick them up later in the day.
With 3 boys I usually had to save and budget for this but it was worth it.

May will be here before you know it and you are going to have a super time.
The weather here is suppose to start to clear up by the end of the week.
☃️I for one will be happy to say Goodbye to the Snow!!!!!!!☃️

Hugs Mel
Fun activities Ontario March Break 2023
https://www.destinationontario.com/en-ca/articles/fun-march-break-activities-ontario

Last edited:
Posting about WDW AM tickets that were purchased in the Thursday "bankruptcy" rush. Wasn't sure at the time I would ever get them:

- Tickets arrived by email from RedTags within the allotted 48 hours. Very surprised, the last two times I redeemed for them I was chasing RedTags for at least a week.
- Ticket dates are not changeable online, this was also a big surprise, I've always been able to change them as far as I recall since they went with date-based pricing. Called Disney, they assured me that I can change them and once expired they would hold their value as a credit indefinitely. I had them quote a change on an 8 day ticket and it appears to be worth about $10usd less than what you'd pay at Disney.

I plan to move them this week so I will update later on their value and whether they are changeable online once moved. Right now I am assuming the reason I can't change them myself is because they aren't full value tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter