Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Bank of Montreal has just announced plans to buy Loyalty company. Just heard it on 680 news business report. Reporter said it seems like good news. Guess because their credit card is associated with the program they want to save it.

Bank of Montreal has just announced plans to buy Loyalty company. Just heard it on 680 news business report. Reporter said it seems like good news. Guess because their credit card is associated with the program they want to save it.
They (Air Miles) just posted it on their facebook page as well.

"We are excited to share that BMO, our anchor partner, has announced its intention to acquire AIR MILES, the leading loyalty program, subject to court approval"

I'm not surprised BMO would purchase AM. They have been with the program since the beginning and have used it as incentive to their advantage. There was the day when BMO would hand out AM's like candy. Been in line to long? Have some AM's. Try the Instabank to make that deposit and have some AM's. Open this or that account, have some AM's. We displeased you, have some AM's. Have a line of credit? Earn some AM's. Need more AM's? Try our MC. Need to invest? Here's an AM's GIC. Want a mortgage? Have some AM's.
A day would not go by that I would not hand out a 1000 AM's for no reason other to entice a client. I hope they now go back to those ways, they brought in a ton of clients and gave AM collectors huge options. I can also see the ownership being BMO possibly bring in new sponsors. This could be good all around.

And I was just looking yesterday at possibly switching my main credit card LOL I just can't get rid of my BMO W/E card, even though I only earn 200 miles per month now. Did they say when the purchase might go through?

Didn't that end yesterday? I thought it did but I could be wrong.
Omg yes you are right 😔. I can’t even go now even if I wanted to since the snow is really accumulating quickly out there. Good thing I saw your post. Oh well I did do the offer 3 times at least. I had it on my planner to buy it yesterday but did not, due to that bankruptcy news. Darn it.

LOL...yesterday I bought $250 at Metro for the last MC purchase. I stood there for ages spinning the gift card stand trying to come up with another $250 but decided against it. My $250 got me 250 miles so in the end I did well.

I'm hoping I get that offer for the next BMO AM promo.

Right now I'm just grateful to be able to continue with airmiles for now, they have been so awesome for us. Cashed in $4500 worth last night and this morning ... groceries, e-vouchers, park tickets and hotels, hope everything goes through ok. Still sitting with $1k worth. Will see what BMO brings to this, I'm sure lots in favour of BMO customers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter