Airmiles Armchair Chatter

ok, I am in not sure what to do.
I have just over 20,000 dream miles and of course I could just buy something and sell it but we kind of finally got our planning act together and were thinking of heading down to WDW soon.

I have used AM's to "purchase" flights directly without Red Tag involved. The kind where Air Miles books directly with the airline.

DO you guys think those are risky?

Not sure what to doooooo

I sure hope the Hotels and airlines people have booked trips on were paid and people can still use the booked trips. Would hate to hear stories of people arriving at the airport tomorrow and find their tickets have been cancelled as Airmiles probably books on credit and the vendors know they are not going to get paid.
Receivership/ bankruptcy is in a way good for the company as they can restructure but lots of vendors never get fully paid. I have worked for several hotels that have gone into receivership and always felt bad for tho vendors who never got paid.

Same here. I bet it's crashing from many people trying to access it, or Air Miles took it down.

I tried to log in with the kids' cards to see what they could possibly order. I mean, my son only has 622 dream miles and my daughter has 4,307. I switched my husband and I to cash in late 2019 after our Universal trip and I've been putting all the cash miles aside for a future trip. Originally I estimated we'd have about $10,000 in trip money by the end of 2023, but then Covid happened and stores started bailing on Air Miles. Just over $5,800 put aside. Wonder if I luck out and hit an even $6,000.

Would theme park tickets be a good use? How easy is it to change the start date?

I was able to go earlier to see how many park tickets for either WDW or UO I could get with my dream miles. Prices for WDW are outrageous, I only have enough for four 3 day base tickets!? Crazy.

Both UO and WDW needed me to specify the start date for the tickets. But right now, dates are not confirmed yet. I know from experience that I can change the dates later on for WDW, and just pay any difference, but does anyone know if it’s possible to change for UO?

Well I was on the fence about using my AM for a couple of nights in Orlando before we are onsite as I wanted to save them for tickets. But I think I'll just use them sooner than later! Perhaps I'll use the personal shopper to get water park tickets to use this trip.

Sorry gang, can't handle this steaming pile of 💩 at the moment. I WILL keep this thread active but life is very much not round. They sure as heck better get us home tomorrow night!
You just focus on you and hubby and we will take care of everything here.
Life will go on and we will be right here waiting for you when the time is right,
Ok go find some good Disney safe food and enjoy it.
Hugs
Mel

Jacqueline, your flights will be fine. The flights are prepaid by Airmiles just after you book. Remember the hassle lots of us had getting our money back 3 years ago.

I had a look at my hotel reservation for May it was booked through Airmiles. They used Get A Room and the copy of the invoice I found on their website says the reservation is paid in full. I'll be taking that with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter