Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Not Air Miles related, but you all are my people! We’re heading to the World in 60 days so I made dining plans early this morning. It went great, and we got a schedule close to what we wanted. Now we’re figuring out all the changes since our last visit, whether we should get genie plus, transportation, etc etc.

Oh and we’re also building lots of relaxing time in—some of you might remember our long journey, but we’re finally expecting another baby. It’s exciting to think how different this trip will be.
My trip is in 64 days :) We aren't booking any dining though! But yes, all the changes, having to book transportation is a big one (planning on Lyft at this point but I may change my mind lol) and genie+,

Congrats on the pregnancy. You next trip will be very different :)

I think I will be hard pressed to find a store where I can spend $150. I looked at Staples but I only need 2 ink cartridges and that doesn't get me to $150.
Then I looked at stores I have shopped at in the past like Merrell, Action Car and Truck World and of course Bed Bath and Beyond but they are no longer there so that kills those ideas.
My nephew just bought a new to him Jeep Renegade and I would have bought the window covers for it at Action but the store isn't an Airmiles Shop anymore.
I want some new fabric to make some window covering but I don't want to spend big bucks on the fabric so I am just going to check out Fabriclands sale bins. I change out the drapes in my bay window with seasonal fabric.
Yes, I ordered a couple of things on my Amazon list. Not even close to the $150, and I won't buy just to get a few Airmiles. So far this year, I have collected....

376 AM
(and 75 of those just came from Shell, hitting the 4 fillups this offer-thanks to DD who filled up 3 times)

Yes, I ordered a couple of things on my Amazon list. Not even close to the $150, and I won't buy just to get a few Airmiles. So far this year, I have collected....

376 AM
(and 75 of those just came from Shell, hitting the 4 fillups this offer-thanks to DD who filled up 3 times)
So I did find fabric from Walmart that I wanted and I had other pieces in my cart and I went nope I want to see them in person not just buy to earn Air Miles so I took them out. Keep the fabric to match what I already bought (didn't buy enough and it is around what Fabricland charges) and added a few more items and will earn 2 whole air miles but I spent enough for free shipping so that is good. Wait it is 2x points so what I will earn 1 more extra mile?
So far this year I have only collected 246 miles. Some from online, Metro and Shell. How sad is this?
I will get another 100 miles from Shell for this month and the few from Walmart online.

Last edited:

Important things first...Congrats @marchingstar! What great news. A new journey begins.

Back from our vacation of WDW and DCL. The vacation was wonderful. Glad we did WDW first as it was such a busy adventure. We relaxed as much as you can, traveling with a six year old, on DCL. It was busy as well but in a quiet way, if that makes sense.
Our flights with Air Canada were awful. We were meant to fly out at noon and didn't get off the ground till close to 6:30. Missed our reservation for that evening. By the time we got to our resort we were beat, it was close to 10 and we had been at the airport since 9:00. The limo service we used was great and made adjustments for our arrival time. Then on the flight home, we were meant to fly at 6:00 but didn't leave till close to 10:30. Didn't get to our hotel till almost 2 AM. That one was really bad but at least we got back to Canada.
Anyone who is going to WDW and can get a reservation, Space 220 was amazing! Even without the backdrop, the food was the best meal we had through the entire vacation. It was great and I would go back in a heartbeat.
I was able to meet a very lovely young woman on our sailing. Can you guess who's daughter? She was just the type of person who you would expect Disney to have on staff. I was so impressed, she was having a conversation with me and herding the masses all at the same time. Cute as a button.
But I'm home now and slowly catching up. Once I do, it will be time to plan another vacation. Maybe not to WDW this time. I'm open to thoughts on Mexico or DR.

Jacqueline - I’m so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family. Please take care. 💛

I’m glad you were able to get some pixie dust along the way to help ease your mind and decisions.

I'm headed to Mexico on Monday for the week. Staying in Playa del Carmen at The Fives Beach Resort & Residences. I will post a mini-review of the resort when get back. There are 15 of us going (ages 11-74).

That is a big group! I'd love to hear what the kids think of the place :) I am always tempted by an AI but have yet to try one because my son can't stand to sit still for long. So I'm always curious about what other kids think of the places. Have fun.

That is a big group! I'd love to hear what the kids think of the place :) I am always tempted by an AI but have yet to try one because my son can't stand to sit still for long. So I'm always curious about what other kids think of the places. Have fun.

I think when we go as a big family, we make our own fun. If it's just 2-4 people, they can become a little "boring" - potentially. There are many resorts that have waterparks built into them now, with good kids clubs. I still prefer cruising to resorts, but I will never turn down a free trip! lol

Update...

So my girl comes home on Saturday. Her first DCL contract completed....that actually seemed to go very quickly. She has travelled to 7 countries and made some life long friends. Some of her friends are moving on to other ships and some are going home. Some will eventually be back on ship and others are never cruising again. She has had some mini adventures in the countries she has visited....they don't have much time in port, sometimes only 3-4 hours but has squeezed in a little something everywhere. Every week she has connected with at least one family that made her week great. All the kids have been the absolute best and absolute worst. She now has a new appreciation for the comments I have often made about how people don't parent their children anymore. She has had previous jobs in retail so was accustomed to bad behaviour from the public but she has now witnessed a level of abuse and entitlement that she did not expect. The positives have far outweighed the negatives and she is excited for her next contract. She will be going back...DCL has made it clear they have plans for her. They have hinted at something that is a step up.

She has given me instruction to make sure the dog has had dinner before she gets home Saturday. Reason.....the dog will prioritize dinner over ALL else. So DD wants the dogs full attention when she walks through the door.

:yay:
Found this when I was checking this weeks Metro offers on the Airmiles site.
I did have to OPT In
Hugs Mel
View attachment 745195

I got one but it's for $150 over the week and 95 AM. So not quite as good a deal. But I guess I shop at Metro a lot so they tend to make my spends higher.

I signed up for a 6 month delivery plan they had on sale for just over $25, they had sent me a $25 off coupon so it was free and now I get everything delivered once a week, still earn AM on purchases, but can't figure out how to spend my cash AM so will have to go in store to do that I guess? Or use them at Shell or get some Starbucks GC's before our may trip.

I can't decide if I am just really lazy or loving the convenience. Or a little of both, and avoiding crowds and driving at the same time.

@dancin Disney style I'm so glad that she had a positive experience, one that she'd like to continue. How much time between contracts?
She doesn't know until they actually make the offer. Two of her friends that are in her cast and were also first timers already have offers that they have accepted. Both friends sent their requests in about a week before DD. They are both going home for only 2 weeks and then go into rehearsals. They will be joining the Wish. Someone else is going home for 3 weeks then into rehearsals and will be joining the Dream. DD wants to be home for more than 2-3 weeks. She said she would have declined the offer if that happened. Her closest friend thinks that they may be considering sending her to Australia.

She doesn't know until they actually make the offer. Two of her friends that are in her cast and were also first timers already have offers that they have accepted. Both friends sent their requests in about a week before DD. They are both going home for only 2 weeks and then go into rehearsals. They will be joining the Wish. Someone else is going home for 3 weeks then into rehearsals and will be joining the Dream. DD wants to be home for more than 2-3 weeks. She said she would have declined the offer if that happened. Her closest friend thinks that they may be considering sending her to Australia.
Well all I have to say is.......................................
Start planning Mom!
Hugs Mel
5486818.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter