Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Big Disney news this morning. Bob Chapek has been fired. Bob Iger is taking back his role as CEO for the next 2 years.
I'm hoping he will take a look at changes and change some back. Things like Magical Express and luggage pick up. Bring back everyday room cleaning. Even fixing the mess at the parks with paying for this ride and that ride. Right now, in my eyes, the parks are a bit of a mess.
Cost cutting is one thing however if I'm forced to rent a car to get from MCO to the parks then why would I stay on grounds for all my meals. You may have saved a few dollars by not busing me, but you lost a lot more with my leaving to eat and shop elsewhere. JMO.

I'm hoping he will take a look at changes and change some back. Things like Magical Express and luggage pick up. Bring back everyday room cleaning. Even fixing the mess at the parks with paying for this ride and that ride. Right now, in my eyes, the parks are a bit of a mess.
Cost cutting is one thing however if I'm forced to rent a car to get from MCO to the parks then why would I stay on grounds for all my meals. You may have saved a few dollars by not busing me, but you lost a lot more with my leaving to eat and shop elsewhere. JMO.
I totally agree but I’ve seen stories saying that Iger got a lot of these cost cutting measures started. We shall see what happens now.

Don't forget that WDW is a very small part of the entire company and Iger is CEO of the whole shebang, not just the parks. I highly doubt we'll see any roll backs of things that we see as annoying, making our trips Uber $$$, or simply "bad" because it is a business. As mentioned above Iger was in charge when a lot of these changes were already coming down the pipes.

Perhaps the best we can hope for is that it won't get worse. Not the most optimistic outlook but realistic.

I actually suspect that some of the worst of the worst including park reservations, AP sales and Genie+ will be tweaked just a little to make them less obnoxious. Just enough to be offered up to the fan community. We'll certainly hear about it because any tiny consumer friendly gesture will be announced with lots of fanfare.

One of the big perennial problems is IT and the entire platform for everything from ADRs to online package booking to Genie+. Any fixes to that rats nest would be incredible but realistically a bridge too far. It shouldn't be. But the history of snarls is legend and uniquely Disney.

Thanks for this update. Now to check out if there is anything I need. Actually I do want some new shoes from Merrell so I will check them out. I can always ask for them as a Christmas gift once I have bought them.
I wish I could have waited but I did save $17 on my Chapters purchase so better deal for my money. They had a buy 2 Kids Christmas books get the third free and a 2 for $20 adult book deal but they ended yesterday. I am sure they will have some good deals this week as well.

if anyone's got flexibility in dates and a desire for a trip just about anywhere both WestJet and air canada have black Friday sales on. I could book round trip for both of us, all in for $603 with either airline. It also lines up with the current promo Disney has in place. End of Feb/ early March for reference, some flights home are under $100 😱

**urgh I broke my cardinal rule and checked the cost of sumthin after already booking - the danged flights are half the miles I used 😬

Last edited:
So if the "pre" black Friday sale is 15x the miles then the actual black Friday sale might be 20x the miles this year? I hope so!

f anyone's got flexibility in dates and a desire for a trip just about anywhere both WestJet and air canada have black Friday sales on. I could book round trip for both of us, all in for $603 with either airline. It also lines up with the current promo Disney has in place. End of Feb/ early March for reference, some flights home are under $100 😱

**urgh I broke my cardinal rule and checked the cost of sumthin after already booking - the danged flights are half the miles I used 😬
I wish we were closer for more direct flights. It's always a milk run for us. 1,200.00 for 2 peeps for us :sad2: I'm still going to see if I can find a sweet spot of a deal...but so far, no dice

Edited to add - That's an awesome deal for you!!!! I hope your snapping that up!!!!!

I just booked two flights (DH and I) Ottawa - LA. Thanks Jacqueline for having me take a second look at the sale. First time through it didn't look like much of a deal but with a second look I got two flights to LA for 14AM more than I paid for two flights to Orlando in 2019. (part was thanks to the BMO W/E discount)

Hotel booked with AM. Tickets to Disneyland from Undercover (old stock the day prices increased). Now all I need to do is to book the transfer from the airport to our hotel and park reservations of course.

I think I've maxed out the November offer of 10x the miles on the main card. When i was looking closely at the terms I noticed they included Research Now as one of the partners -- AKA the surveys! I've been doing them on the train in and out of the city, when i can't get to sleep and I racked up almost 70 miles in just those alone and they're considered base miles so cha-ching this happened to my account yesterday
1669176024712.png
These posted last week
1669176045031.png
Still haven't seen any of the miles connected to catching the luggage from Metro, not holding out much hope on those and not even sure how I would chase them down?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter