Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Here's a story full of lots of twists and turns, joy and sadness, anxiety filled hope and a massive savings!
****LONG, wordy post with a slight connection to Airmiles, you've been warned 😜****

The clinic that I was going to in Toronto finally reopened and after a very rocky start to the process I started up treatments there again yesterday. My intake interview VIA Teams took 90 minutes in a hotel room while we were visiting Arthur and the outcome was so dim that the drive home the following day was a very quiet (other than the odd navigation comments) and teary 2.5 hour drive. Follow-up appointment a week later to say that the entire team met and agreed to accept me into their compassionate care program with a personalized protocol, daily treatments for the next 6 weeks. Hubby and I are cautiously optimistic that I will get back on top of this beast again. Our city now has close to all day round trip GO service to Toronto so I don't need to leave until 7:30 and I'm home by 2:30, very long day but I taught myself how to sleep on the greyhound and I'll get it worked out on the train as well! I slap a mask on when i get on the city bus and it stays on until i step off 7 hours later (ok, so i do eat a snack or 2) and other than one brief moment on the subway yesterday that felt like a sauna, I haven't been bothered by it.

Heading back home yesterday hubby asked me what time it was and i discovered I had lost my Fitbit somewhere between the hospital and the subway station 😭 I had cashed in miles for it last year and figured I would do the same thing again so researched on the train, looking at which models are available from AM and using the Fitbit site to compare features between them. We decided to go ahead and use miles instead of spending close to $300 and just after 10 last night I submitted the order. Fast forward to today's trip home and my last glance at my email before i got off the train was an offer from Fitbit for $110 off the model I ordered, DANG, that's a lot of miles! I thought I had read you can cancel an order within 24 hours - easy-peasy, hit the button, the screen refreshed and BOOM the 2,926 miles are already back in the account. That's about $300 worth of miles but I just bought the same watch for $189 direct from Fitbit, pretty happy with that outcome.

After a LOT of talking, pricing out options and thinking about what we really want to do, we've decided against a trip south in December and instead we'll upgrade to the resort we prefer to stay in for about half of what the shorter trip would cost. POFQ with a king bed will make us happier than pretending a queen bed at POP is *good enough*, we know the food service staff there will be more than prepared to feed me properly and it's just a nicer vibe. Disney just released AP rates for the beginning of 2023 up till end of March and when they did that for the few days in December it was quickly followed by the same offer for Disney+ members, fingers crossed the same happens and we'll save some money on the resort
I think that sounds like a bunch of good news!

POFQ.......massive sigh, I :love::love::love: that place.
Can I go too? I figure if I keep asking eventually someone will say yes.

OMG…I just called the Sobeys my offers people to have missing miles added. I got the most sickly sweet person. Fake high pitched, sing song voice ….maybe I was talking to Barbie. 🤮

You know, I think it could have said I was missing a few offers and it would have been added. They ask for nothing.

Speaking from experience this past weekend in Seattle. Don’t forget the shopping limit right now is brutally low. As of today, $563USD - anything higher and you could be subject to taxes and/or duty.

Won’t it be nice when there’s not a 42% markup on goods?! 😂😜🤪😫

Speaking from experience this past weekend in Seattle. Don’t forget the shopping limit right now is brutally low. As of today, $563USD - anything higher and you could be subject to taxes and/or duty.

Won’t it be nice when there’s not a 42% markup on goods?! 😂😜🤪😫
That’s true but When flying back they don’t ask that often how much you spent. I’ve driven over 4X in the last few months for one day shopping trips and all they were concerned with was did I have chicken, alcohol or weapons. 3 weeks ago I spent $500ish in 6 hours…they didn’t care. Basically when I go over for the day I buy whatever I want because 90% of the time they allow it. There will always be those odd times when they make you pay though. Typically I go years in between being made to pay.

I can't get the Carosel thing to work - I get stuck on a skill testing questions with no where to input the answer!

Thanks for posting about Carousel of Dreams. Didn't know anything about it as I never received any emails about it at all.

I can't get the Carosel thing to work - I get stuck on a skill testing questions with no where to input the answer!
Yeah, I can’t play on my phone because you can’t move the skill testing question box to show the submit button to submit it 🤷🏼‍♀️
I’ll have to try later on a PC.

Yeah, I can’t play on my phone because you can’t move the skill testing question box to show the submit button to submit it 🤷🏼‍♀️
I’ll have to try later on a PC.
The website directs you to download the app...

Ok, decided to download the app on my tablet and that worked so that the whole screen is available to submit the question answer. What a royal pain though.
I ended up with 10 miles lol

Which defeats the whole purpose of them having people download the app.
Oh well.
nothing for me till they fix the app.

Here's a story full of lots of twists and turns, joy and sadness, anxiety filled hope and a massive savings!
****LONG, wordy post with a slight connection to Airmiles, you've been warned 😜****
AT least you got your miles back and a score of another fitbit!

The trip decision - the new room sound amazing!!! It's amazing how things work themselves out!!!

Sending you many tight hugs and hope the treatment that you are going to receive will help :hug:

I received 5am, 15am, 25am and $50 redtag credit (Different accounts and extra for bmo card).

Doesn’t work on my iPhone 8 so I’m using my iPad which didn’t work at 6am this morning but does now. Dh used his android phone and it worked fine.

I did the three accounts this morning and now I can't see anything at all about Carousel of Dreams. Does it disappear once you've completed it for the day. I wanted to go back in and finish completing something. Very weird.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter