Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Hey Guys
I was wondering if you could help me with this.
Awhile back I used some Airmiles to purchase a ticket
This is what it says
"This ticket is good for Both Islands of Adventure & Universal Studios"
2-Day+PTP Adult OE + Access to Both Parks ; and Citywalk included.
Expires 13 days after first use.
It also has a bar code on the back

I never used it.
Do you think it has any value today?

Thanks
Hugs Mel

View attachment 710351
I bet it has value!! I‘d call Universal.

I bet it has value!! I‘d call Universal.
Hi Hon
Great idea!
The Universal Orlando Resort Guest Contact Center is available:
  • Monday – Friday: 7:30am – 12am
  • Saturday – Sunday: 7:30am – 11pm

Call Us​

General Information​

(407) 363-8000

Dining/Character Breakfast Reservations​

(407) 224-FOOD (3663).

Guest Services​

Main Number: (407) 224-4233
Toll Free Number: (877) 589-4783

Vacation Packages and Ticketing​

Main Number: (877) 801-9720

Hotel Reservations​

Main Number: (888) 273-1311
Meeting Attendees/Individual Call-in for Group Blocks: (866) 36

Happy to report that it is a VALID Ticket and they will honor it! :lovestruc:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:
Bought in 2016
Just have to update it at the ticket center.
Thanks Airmiles!!!

Thanks
Hugs Mel

I hear you. I am planning a trip to DL next May. I was holding off on getting tickets because the ones through AM are non-refundable (still hedging my bets).

Yesterday I decided to get some tickets with UT from their old stock (good till Jan 12, 2024) or refundable for 365 days (95%back). I opted for no Genie+. We are Ok if all we get done are the rides that they don't have a Disneyworld. I used the cash that I put aside after using AM Cash at the grocery store so it kind of came from AM. Funds saved will pay for the ride from LAX to Disneyland.

I've been reading some people experience right now at Disneyland and am wondering why I'm going but I've never been and now seems like as a good a time as any.
Oh I’m sure you’ll love it. DL is really special. (But I do hear you on the concerns!! It’s a bit ridiculous some of the reports. I’m a bit shocked tbh).

Also, having a trip so far in the distance is so fun!! Anticipation and planning is half the fun!!

That’s a good tip for my back pocket, thank you!

Those tix come in at $646CDN then would be + $125USD for G+ - so another ~$170 Canadian so ~$815CDN so a little bit more.

I haven’t noticed but I wonder if the redtag AM tix fluctuate w/exchange rates - has anyone noticed?

Exchange rates are really bumming me out today….lol :/
I noticed the AM tix price has been creeping up lately and wondered too if it has to do with the exchange. I bit the bullet and bought them two weeks ago as it had gone up 500 AM compared to the first time I looked at them about a month before that thinking the AM price was fixed. Once I notice the price seemed to go up lmost everyime I checked I just bought them.

I noticed the AM tix price has been creeping up lately and wondered too if it has to do with the exchange. I bit the bullet and bought them two weeks ago as it had gone up 500 AM compared to the first time I looked at them about a month before that thinking the AM price was fixed. Once I notice the price seemed to go up lmost everyime I checked I just bought them.
I hadn't noted the exact AM amount when I was checking for our Universal tickets a bit ago, but now that we just finalized our WDW park days, I knew which dates I could book my Universal tix for, so I too bit the bullet and just bought them on redtag. Seeing your comment makes me glad I did this in case they raise the price to account for exchange rates. I'm just gong to continue to be happy for whatever I can get with AM, even if it's a bit more "dollars" than paying outright cash, because I count our AM stuff as "free" (or at least really cheap because maybe I didn't "need" those 5 bags of chips but they got me those 100 AM!) =)

Yes...it's the exchange rate. Many years ago AM was purchasing blocks of tickets at a discounted price. Back then the number of miles required usually only changed once a year and had to do with the exchange rate at the time they made the purchase. There were also periods where tickets were just not available when they ran out. Gosh....I miss those days. Everything was so simple then.

Hey Gang
Just wondering if anyone knows if a Airmiles Personal Shopper can get this

UNIVERSAL 1 PARK - 1 DAY BASE TICKET (NO EXPIRY, not date specific).​

Thanks Mel

Edited to add
Undercover Tourist has it listed for
$175.73 USD including taxes , which is around $243.93 CAD including taxes.

Universal 1-Day Base Ticket - Anytime​

One (1) day admission to ONE (1) Universal Orlando Resort™ theme park per day (Universal Studios Florida OR Universal's Islands of Adventure)
NOTE: Not valid for the Hogwarts™ Express

Last edited:
Hey Gang
Just wondering if anyone knows if a Airmiles Personal Shopper can get this

UNIVERSAL 1 PARK - 1 DAY BASE TICKET (NO EXPIRY, not date specific).​

Thanks Mel

Edited to add
Undercover Tourist has it listed for
$175.73 USD including taxes , which is around $243.93 CAD including taxes.

Universal 1-Day Base Ticket - Anytime​

One (1) day admission to ONE (1) Universal Orlando Resort™ theme park per day (Universal Studios Florida OR Universal's Islands of Adventure)
NOTE: Not valid for the Hogwarts™ Express
Wow and people complain about Disney being expensive. This doesnt even have the express pass.

Wow and people complain about Disney being expensive. This doesnt even have the express pass.
Yeah times have changed..... definitely better to stay a few nights in one of their top 3 resorts for Express Pass.
My problem with the ones Red Tag has via Airmiles , is that you have to provide a date and if the ticket doesn't get used on that date it expires......
too much planning ahead for people.

Red Tag
Dated tickets

UNIVERSAL 1 PARK - 1 DAY BASE TICKET (Date Specific, Expires).​

Dream Miles
Total for all guests, including fees and taxes

Last edited:
After some thoughtful posts and encouragement...🤗

Mel has planned a week of Fall🍂 Shopping in Orlando.
1665868149258.png

Heading out Oct 30th. 👻
Flight booked 🛬 ✔️
Hotel (Cabana Bay Resort) booked 🍹 ✔️
Park N Fly Booked , used my CAA for a small discount 🏎️ ✔️
Suitcase all dusted off , 1 Quart bag of stuff (Liquids & Gels) bought & packed 🧳 ✔️
5 Day Shopping schedule all drawn up 🪣 ✔️
Bank, Exchanged some dollars 💱 💱done!✔️
Starbucks Gift Card Loaded and ready to go.☕✔️
Picked up Purell minis at Staples and 2 pack of To-Go Lysol wipes✔️
Have a few N95's & C19 Testing kit packed already ✔️
Checked Passport Expiry date ,,all good to go,✔️
Found my DVC member card,, shopping Disney Springs discount✔️

Just waiting to pick up a 1 day Universal Pass. 090819_hats.png
Have to update my Uber & Lyft info.

Get my Bivalent Shot tomorrow.

15 Days to go!!
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Thank you for this! I suspect our dollar will eventually (and like sooner rather than later) get back to about 80 cents. Hoping the redtag tix are contingent on exchange and don’t inch up and stay up 🤪😂

View attachment 710955

Heading out Oct 30th. 👻
Flight booked 🛬 ✔️
Park N Fly Booked 🏎️ ✔️
Suitcase all dusted off , 1 Quart bag of stuff (Liquids & Gels) bought & packed 🧳 ✔️
Just waiting to pick up a 1 day Universal Pass. View attachment 710954

15 Days to go!!
Hugs
Mel
Yayyyyy! Sounds wonderful! You’ve got this!! :)

Have a wonderful time Mel. It will feel good to get away from the grey November days to warmth and sunshine. Being able to just pick up and go is the best part of being retired.

You have me wondering why I'm going to Winnipeg and not Florida (just kidding, going to see family for the first time in 3 years).

Have a wonderful time Mel. It will feel good to get away from the grey November days to warmth and sunshine. Being able to just pick up and go is the best part of being retired.

You have me wondering why I'm going to Winnipeg and not Florida (just kidding, going to see family for the first time in 3 years).
1665879413078.png

You are going to have a Wonderful visit! Maybe you could sneak in a bit of Pre Christmas shopping.:lovestruc
Hugs Hon
Mel

View attachment 710955

Heading out Oct 30th. 👻
Flight booked 🛬 ✔️

15 Days to go!!
Hugs
Mel
They no longer accept the DVC plastic blue card. You need to download a digital membership card, and load it on your smartphone. You can also print out a temporary DVC membership card from the DVC website.

From the DVC website
Now you can use an enhanced digital version of your Membership Card—available via the My Disney Experience mobile app—to take full advantage of current Membership offerings (subject to eligibility). This digital card replaces the physical version of your Membership Card, which expired December 31, 2021.

They no longer accept the DVC plastic blue card. You need to download a digital membership card, and load it on your smartphone. You can also print out a temporary DVC membership card from the DVC website.

From the DVC website
Now you can use an enhanced digital version of your Membership Card—available via the My Disney Experience mobile app—to take full advantage of current Membership offerings (subject to eligibility). This digital card replaces the physical version of your Membership Card, which expired December 31, 2021.
Thanks for the update Hon ..I appreciate it.
Hugs Mel

View attachment 710955

Heading out Oct 30th. 👻
Flight booked 🛬 ✔️

15 Days to go!!
Hugs
Mel
Enjoy Mel. As PP mentioned no digital DVC card,,but we always still print off the temp card. Dont forget you can still have a ride on the skyliner and cruise the boardwalk, no park passes needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter