Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Shell - tried to pick up a gift card for the wedding we went to on Saturday (you know the kind where you're only invited because the couple feels they have to? Stuck in the back corner, behind the table of co-workers of the bride, le sigh) and had no luck! The station in Orillia no longer sells ANY gift cards, not even their own because "too many hassles" and the one here in Guelph will only take cash or debit for any gift cards now due to "company policies" I have a debit card but no idea what the PIN is and even when i did carry cash I never had $100! Grabbed it when i ran into Zehrs to get a steak because i forgot I would need to bring my meal with me AKKK i really HATE my diet some days, took me almost 3 hours to prepare & pack a meal.

Just got a notification of an offer that's in both the App and online that's good until Oct 12th. The car wash one is still active as well so you could pick that up and snag 75 miles.
1664822358870.png

Shell - tried to pick up a gift card for the wedding we went to on Saturday (you know the kind where you're only invited because the couple feels they have to? Stuck in the back corner, behind the table of co-workers of the bride, le sigh) and had no luck! The station in Orillia no longer sells ANY gift cards, not even their own because "too many hassles" and the one here in Guelph will only take cash or debit for any gift cards now due to "company policies" I have a debit card but no idea what the PIN is and even when i did carry cash I never had $100! Grabbed it when i ran into Zehrs to get a steak because i forgot I would need to bring my meal with me AKKK i really HATE my diet some days, took me almost 3 hours to prepare & pack a meal.

Just got a notification of an offer that's in both the App and online that's good until Oct 12th. The car wash one is still active as well so you could pick that up and snag 75 miles.
View attachment 707762
I did this earlier on in Sept, ,,just wondering if I am eligible to do it again.....
*Offer valid September 29, 2022, to October 12, 2022, at participating Shell locations in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, and the Northwest Territories (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 50 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when you complete a purchase of a minimum $20 on qualifying non-fuel products (excludes tobacco products, lottery tickets, gift cards, prepaid credit cards, phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law). Valid on in-store purchases only. Maximum 50 Bonus Miles per transaction per collector account. Maximum one transaction per one week. A “week” is defined as the period from September 29, 2022, at 00:00:00 until October 5, 2022, at 23:59:59 and the period from October 6, 2022, at 00:00:00 until October 12, 2022, at 23:59:59. A valid AIR MILES card must be presented/collector number entered at time of transaction. Offer may be combined with other bonus offers. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to two (2) weeks after the end of the promotion for Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account.

Of course this offer where all I had to do was opt in to get 800 AM has not posted. Terms say it would post by Sep 30. And of course it was the one time I did not screen shot my opt in :(
I put in a request for missing miles however all you put there is the date and sponsor and number of AM missing. Seems like too little info. Hopefully I can get this resolved.

So I did an online chat with AM which took about 40 minutes for them to tell me to contact BMO.
After a 15 minute phone call to BMO on Friday and I forwarded them the email I received, today I have the 800 AM! So happy for this!

Attachments

• 27F7713E-7A20-47A9-83BC-1CD75FF878C9.png
    27F7713E-7A20-47A9-83BC-1CD75FF878C9.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 5
  • D7F69B37-1225-489C-A874-6826F3BDE9E5.jpeg
    D7F69B37-1225-489C-A874-6826F3BDE9E5.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 5

I will buy a couple of them since I use them up pretty quick as Sobeys is my main store. I bought 4 last time and they may have all been used already. Thanks for the update.old
I was at Sobeys Brighton, Ontario tonight buying my 5 Sobeys gift cards. The clerk told me they got the official word today that the Ontario switch to Scene Points will be 2 November 2022.

She advised me to use my cash miles up before that date. I told her I wasn't worried because I could use my cash miles at Shell or Metro.

So we have to get all our final Sobeys and/or Foodland air miles shopping done in October before the cutoff.

• October 4, 2022

SHELL GO+ 2X NON-FUEL BONUS
    +4

• October 4, 2022

50 MILES WITH $20 IN-STORE
    +50

• October 4, 2022

BASE OFFER: 1/$5 CW & NON-FUEL
    +4

• October 4, 2022
    October 4, 2022

SHELL GO+ 2X ON FUEL BONUS
    +1

BASE OFFER: 1/20L FUEL
    +1

• Off to get gas early this morning and it looks like the spend $20 in store and get 50 Airmiles works.
  • Hugs Mel
1664887184533.png

Just looked at my AM account and had an item posted yesterday that I have no idea what it is. 326 AM and the description says 'Accelerator-Recovery'.
Any thoughts on what this may be? I'll take it but would love to know why.

Just looked at my AM account and had an item posted yesterday that I have no idea what it is. 326 AM and the description says 'Accelerator-Recovery'.

I got 6 for this same thing, so you spent more than I did lol. On what, I don't know.

Just a guess but I am thinking this has something to do with a Credit Card (BMO)?

Take it and run!🤗
Hugs Mel

Like Mel said, you get a multiplier on certain purchases for your BMO MC. I noticed for my September statement I didn't receive any accelerator miles (the ones associated with the multiplier) so maybe there was an issue posting them with the miles that come when your statement is issued. I will keep and eye out and see if I get the same thing.

Last edited:
Got my email today from Sobeys that effective Nov 2 that they are switching over to Scene+. Yesterday when I was buying my Sobeys gift cards the cashier told me that they were switching over and I should use up my miles. I figure I will use up a bunch when I buy my Halloween candy at Sobeys. It will be sad when I can't cash in my points to buy the food for my race parties and for Christmas as I will still be shopping at Sobeys.

I know what you mean Judy
Sobeys & Foodland mixed well for my Food Drive stuff along with earning a few Airmiles too.
I will miss it very much.
Pretty much the only other thing I collect Points on is Be Well (Rexall).
I'll see what the Scene+ program looks like here in Ont. when they roll it out.

Hugs Mel

Hey Judy
Re : Shopping for Race Parties & Christmas
My email I just got from Foodland says that
Turn Groceries into delicious rewards, Melanie!

Starting on November 3, 2022, Scene+™ members will be able to earn and redeem points on many items at select grocery and pharmacy stores* in Ontario.

Stay tuned for more exciting updates and exclusive offers!
Turn Points into Groceries – Redeem 1000 Scene+ points for $10 toward your purchase at participating grocery and pharmacy stores*.

e604d0fe-f58b-4e66-a231-a11518cb8f8c.png
Member Pricing – Get exclusive savings on a variety of grocery products.
4bdf3fe6-670d-4d0d-ae71-8e1b14c133bf.png
Personalized Offers – Get personalized offers just for you, delivered through email.
961e7c6d-c88f-4974-b23d-e18b560805c9.png
Everyday Rewards – Earn points through weekly flyer events and everyday product offers in‑store and online.

Maybe you could collect Scene= points & redeem for your Parties & Christmas ?

Hugs Mel

I know some people don't shop at Walmart but wouldn't it be cool if Walmart came on board for in store shopping and earning Airmiles? They are already an online company.

O/T
Cat owners
So my little kitty is not gaining enough weight. Struggle to get her to eat wet food ,,does like the dry stuff and lickables.
I need to get a better water bowl. I was thinking a water fountain type one. Any suggestions welcome.
We do have to keep the washroom door closed as she will try drinking from the toilet ,,,I know yucky ewwww!
Hugs Mel

O/T
Cat owners
So my little kitty is not gaining enough weight. Struggle to get her to eat wet food ,,does like the dry stuff and lickables.
I need to get a better water bowl. I was thinking a water fountain type one. Any suggestions welcome.
We do have to keep the washroom door closed as she will try drinking from the toilet ,,,I know yucky ewwww!
Hugs Mel

I have two fountains, since I have 4 cats and a dog lol. Most of my cats prefer this style:
catit water fountain
My bengal prefers a bigger dish style that I got for the dog. However he prefers it because he can throw his toys in it and fish them out. So it's more of a toy? They do drink from it as well though.
What type of wet food have you tried? I'll be honest here, my cats prefer friskies or fancy feast to the more expensive kinds that are probably healthier. Except for BFF food in aspic, they love that stuff but it is very low calorie and expensive so they don't get it often. The pate versions are better than the ones with gravy or sauce, but I have one cat who really prefers those saucy ones. I also have one cat who now prefers the same raw food I feed my dog. It's Big Country Raw and they have a cat version, but if your cat won't eat wet food, likely won't want that either. If they need to gain weight, whatever food she will eat is what you want to give though. If that is dry food, make it the best quality she'll eat.
And don't put the food near the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter