Airmiles Armchair Chatter

urgh I made another error in my collecting, I need a supervisor I think! I'm just weeding thru a bunch of email and found several with targeted offers that I missed using plus one for staples that I knew existed but then neglected to use 🤬 only had to spend $40 to get 80 miles and I just used them for the online offer! While the software doesn't count towards the 40 get 80 the ink would have. It's not expensive 17.95 for each of the 4 colours but this will last for YEARS, it's the first time we've bought ink in about 3 years.

I need to hand my card over and give the keys to this thread to someone else! My head isn't in the game

urgh I made another error in my collecting, I need a supervisor I think! I'm just weeding thru a bunch of email and found several with targeted offers that I missed using plus one for staples that I knew existed but then neglected to use 🤬 only had to spend $40 to get 80 miles and I just used them for the online offer! While the software doesn't count towards the 40 get 80 the ink would have. It's not expensive 17.95 for each of the 4 colours but this will last for YEARS, it's the first time we've bought ink in about 3 years.

I need to hand my card over and give the keys to this thread to someone else! My head isn't in the game

It's ok Hon
Tomorrow shall be better ,,,cut yourself some slack and have some homemade ice cream ,,Covid ,,,family ,, work ,,everything is all fogged up right now.
Hugs Mel

Has anyone booked a Disney hotel on the Airmiles site? Pro's/Con's? I love that the prices are in CAD dollars and the cancellation policy seemed very good.

Has anyone booked a Disney hotel on the Airmiles site? Pro's/Con's? I love that the prices are in CAD dollars and the cancellation policy seemed very good.
I did for fall 2020 but had to cancel. No issues. I booked the little mermaid rooms at AOA. The air miles were back in my account within minutes and at that time they were refunding the $10 booking fee.

I did for fall 2020 but had to cancel. No issues. I booked the little mermaid rooms at AOA. The air miles were back in my account within minutes and at that time they were refunding the $10 booking fee.
Thanks! I'm interested to hear if anyone else has experience.

Air Fryers... I keep being tempted by them. Like I need another kitchen appliance... But I am hoping if I get one kiddo would eat chicken fingers at home (he doesn't like them when I bake them) and of course make crispy french fries. I don't want a deep fryer. And I have enough AM to get one! There are a few options and I am not sure which is better, so any thoughts? Does anyone have one? I'm considering the Ninja Fryer or the Total Chef as they seem to be the least AM, but perhaps I should get a TFal, weren't they the first to come up with this? Should I or shouldn't I...
I have an air fryer and don't know how I lived without one. My DD gave it to me for Christmas ...normally appliances are a no no for Christmas but this ranks in my top 3 best gifts ever. Mine is the Instant brand (as in Instant pot). I highly suggest finding the largest one that you can and one that is square not round. You can literally make anything in it and it's very fast. Frozen chicken fingers only take about 10 minutes including the preheat time. I make homemade bagels, doughnuts, fries, chicken wings, fish and many other things. It's great for reheating leftovers too. You can find a ton of info on Youtube.

I literally can't keep track of anything right now. Work is the only thing that I'm, sort of, holding it together. Even there though, I'm hanging on by the skin of my teeth....which BTW what the heck does that saying even mean :confused3

Airmiles....:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:can't keep track of that at all. I know I'm owed a bunch of miles for things but I just don't have the time or the drive to organize myself enough to deal with it. I just swipe my card and hope for the best.

Ok, how about I balance out my frustration with myself by sharing what I think was a GREAT work around!?!?!

Hubby needed a good air purifier to help with ragweed season & someone's new cat (Mocha is adorable but dang she sheds sumthin fierce!) so I spent a fair amount of time researching to find one that is rated well and is supposed to work. I knew I'd be looking to spend around $300 and was hoping I'd be able to find it thru the portal but that didn't work out. Dollar still needs to be the most important factor and even though I could gotten it thru Amazon it cost a ton more. The cheapest was at Canadian Tire, *only* $189, and in a moment of clarity I came up the following plan that also let me check off an offer for the current boom/bust promo!

Went to Metro and bought a $200 gift card for Crappy Tire using my AMEX card and immediately used it for the purifier that will net me the following miles:
1/$5 at stand alone groceries stores with the Platinum card = 40 miles
Spend $100 at a stand-alone grocery store to use the offer = 50 miles

Total miles = 90 compared to the 1/20 if I bought it at Amazon. Even though it cost more i would have only earned 10 miles because i already did the spend 100 get 100 offer.

Air Fryers... I keep being tempted by them. Like I need another kitchen appliance... But I am hoping if I get one kiddo would eat chicken fingers at home (he doesn't like them when I bake them) and of course make crispy french fries. I don't want a deep fryer. And I have enough AM to get one! There are a few options and I am not sure which is better, so any thoughts? Does anyone have one? I'm considering the Ninja Fryer or the Total Chef as they seem to be the least AM, but perhaps I should get a TFal, weren't they the first to come up with this? Should I or shouldn't I...
We have an airfryer....and I LOVE it. I probably cook 4-5 complete meals in it per week. We have the ninja 5 in one. It's deep, has and actual grill pan to drop in as well as the crisping basket. I wasn't sure we would use it much...but honestly, I use it for parts or cooking our whole meal. There is a small learning curve to using one...but there are soo many youtube videos out there that I learned from.
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/sto...i-5-in-1-indoor-grill/5415841?keyword=airfyer I did get mine at bed bath and beyond with my 20% coupon (plus it was on sale as well ) and I have also seen this model in Costco for a good price as well. Any questions you have about it...DM me :flower:

The only difference is the 5 in one (i think has the meat thermometer) so that it will automatically shut off when the meat gets to a certain temperature. I love to airfry many of our veggies. Our favorite is a mixture of sweet potato, carrots and beets tossed with a little avocado oil, salt, pepper and dried thyme. It also makes awesome potato wedges, fries, and OMG...tatter tots. They are sooooooooooo good done in the air fryer lol. I could go on and on. Even the kids pull it out and make pizzas with it ( naan bread crust ) it is sooo easy. Ok....getting off the air fryer talk :rolleyes1 :laughing:

OK
I'll ask
at Sobeys
what is a *Bonus receipt coupon*?
Spend $50.00 get a bonus receipt

MtVgglk.jpg

wcfLUtG.jpg

Last edited:
I've been wanting an air fryer since I started my elimination diet last February (I'm up to 15 safe foods now!) because the thing i miss the most is french fries, my absolute favourite food and I can't have frozen ones since they're soaked in sulphites :( My plan is to use some of my PC points since i they're just sitting there with no purpose but my Airmiles are too precious at the moment :P

Don't forget today's the last day for Bonus Boom/Bust. I suggest that if you're like I am right now (sieve-brain is in full gear!) you take screenshots of the offers you used and make a post on that thread with any pertinent details. That way you can refer to it when you're tracking what did and didn't post properly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter