Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Not sure why an employee at Foodland would know about not just one store but two leaving Airmiles but hey, I've been surprised before. Now regarding Shell leaving, as hubby pointed out last night when I muttered this under my breath, Sobeys actually bought 250 Shell locations in Quebec and Atlantic Canada so I highly doubt Shell will leave.

We've seen stores come and go over the years (heck even Michael's was a sponsor many moons ago) but we usually get a big head's up from the store themselves since it happens when they develop their own rewards program. Apparently Canadians have more loyalty cards than any other country!! We love our rewards, do end up being loyal to those companies and that makes it lucrative in a very competitive market to create one that's store specific.

I'm not going to get upset about this right now, too many other things not paying rent in my head for it to even be possible to make room for this. We have a poop-load of miles at the moment and I'm still actively pushing to grow the account with the intention of getting at least one AP for 2023 and I'm going to keep moving towards that goal. I've mentioned numerous times over the last 6+ years that cash miles don't fit into our banking mode, we only have one account so moving money from one to another isn't possible. I also refuse to have money tied up in gift cards that won't be used within a 6 week MAXIMUM time frame because that's too big a risk for me so I won't play the shell game either.

Last edited:
Not sure why an employee at Foodland would know about not just one store but two leaving Airmiles but hey, I've been surprised before. Now regarding Shell leaving, as hubby pointed out last night when I muttered this under my breath, Sobeys actually bought 250 Shell locations in Quebec and Atlantic Canada so I highly doubt Shell will leave.

We've seen stores come and go over the years (heck even Michael's was a sponsor many moons ago) but we usually get a big head's up from the store themselves since it happens when they develop their own rewards program. Apparently Canadians have more loyalty cards than any other country!! We love our rewards, do end up being loyal to those companies and that makes it lucrative in a very competitive market to create one that's store specific.

I'm not going to get upset about this right now, too many other things not paying rent in my head for it to even be possible to make room for this. We have a poop-load of miles at the moment and I'm still actively pushing to grow the account with the intention of getting at least one AP for 2023 and I'm going to keep moving towards that goal. I've mentioned numerous times over the last 6+ years that cash miles don't fit into our banking mode, we only have one account so moving money from one to another isn't possible. I also refuse to have money tied up in gift cards that won't be used within a 6 week MAXIMUM time frame because that's too big a risk for me so I won't play the shell game either.

Yup I was thinking how would she know about other stores but like you said I will play the waiting game and see what happens. Right now my miles probably have the same amount in dream as in cash. I do use my cash miles to buy groceries at Sobeys and Foodland as they are my main shop. I recently cashed in a big chunk of dream miles for my nephews PS5 so I am working them back up again for I don't know what but maybe something will tickle my fancy and I will buy that.

i feel you on not letting the possibility take up too much mental space, jacqueline.

i have a small mountain of dream miles too…the shell game works fine for me, and i use it for other programs like PC and even Checkout 51, but i would hate to fall short of a big dream redemption because i split my miles. i think once i cash out my dream account on something bigger like a cruise or deluxe hotel stay (if we ever feel comfortable traveling again…) i might make the switch to just cash. but for now, i’m just trusting that miles will keep building and value will stay about the same.

Yikes. That would fit into our airmiles. Not significantly as shell is a little out of the way but it’s easy when they have bonus booms and stuff.
Thanks Jacqueline❤ For all the hard work and effort you and everyone put in here. I love our community to vent in or ask questions. You guys are all like family .
So as of now we have fla booked for Xmas ..universal and discovery cove and Disney in June. Pretty sure June will happen but December ?? And was going to order universal passes through airmiles but really leary bc they truly are non refundable but i still worry about the program going forward .
did anyone get universal tickets lately ? How was delivery time ?
Hugs to all happy Thursday

Just my opinion Hon
But I would wait as long as you can for those Universal ticket purchases as yep they are NON refundable so like goodbye to all those airmiles if you can't make the trip.

Hugs
Mel

Trying to redeem some Dream Miles for a one night hotel stay, but keep getting server error messages - is it just me or something with the site?

We are trying to decide what hotel to book for DisneyWorld for Spring 2023. Good times! Debating between a few currently.

Offers look ok for Bonus Boom. Will likely just do 3 grocery offers, since the Shell offers aren't really great for us.

it’s not like the blue friday’s of old, but i got a shop in. my shop was 240$, earned 480 miles.

it would have been more but my location didn’t have the fitbowls, so i had to pick some non-AM lunch stuff up.

this should push my account over a milestone number, which is pretty cool. if only i had any idea what to use the miles for! :rotfl:

it’s not like the blue friday’s of old, but i got a shop in. my shop was 240$, earned 480 miles.

it would have been more but my location didn’t have the fitbowls, so i had to pick some non-AM lunch stuff up.

this should push my account over a milestone number, which is pretty cool. if only i had any idea what to use the miles for! :rotfl:

I just hit my milestone for collected Dream miles for my next trip ---I'm not sure where and when,, hoping 2023 ? Onsite stay at Universal.?

1630697393525.png

I figured it was time to switch over to collecting a few cash miles so that's what I did today.
I can always use them for Starbucks gift cards or Swiss Chalet gift cards.

I do collect more Be Well points at Rexall than anywhere else right now.

My experience today with the fit bowls worked out great because the nice young man who helped get them off the top shelf
of the freezer for me seemed to be interested in me not getting any with a 2021 expiry date ,,lol,,,lol, Really nice person.
Only 300 Airmiles for me but it was nice to get out and shop.

Hugs
Mel

I just hit my milestone for collected Dream miles for my next trip ---I'm not sure where and when,, hoping 2023 ? Onsite stay at Universal.?

View attachment 601895

I figured it was time to switch over to collecting a few cash miles so that's what I did today.
I can always use them for Starbucks gift cards or Swiss Chalet gift cards.

I do collect more Be Well points at Rexall than anywhere else right now.

My experience today with the fit bowls worked out great because the nice young man who helped get them off the top shelf
of the freezer for me seemed to be interested in me not getting any with a 2021 expiry date ,,lol,,,lol, Really nice person.
Only 300 Airmiles for me but it was nice to get out and shop.

Hugs
Mel

i love staying in universal hotels. i think that sounds like a great vacation. maybe i should switch to cash too…but then i think “the next dream milestone could be a deluxe resort instead of a moderate.” there’s lots of time before i travel again, so we’ll see.

i use PC points much more than air miles these days. i think i’m going back to curbside groceries while numbers in my province soar…so that means superstore trips for me.

i haven’t tried the rexall program yet. i’m glad it works for you though. we all have to be flexible and go where there’s bonuses to earn.

Reviewing my spreadsheet this morning. Has anyone received their AM from Metro for the email offer that came out in July? The one where you had to spend an amount ($60) and would received (60)AM. This could be done multiple times (only 1X per day) for two weeks or so.

Reviewing my spreadsheet this morning. Has anyone received their AM from Metro for the email offer that came out in July? The one where you had to spend an amount ($60) and would received (60)AM. This could be done multiple times (only 1X per day) for two weeks or so.
I think I must have missed this email.
Hopefully you get them soon.
Hugs
Mel

Air Fryers... I keep being tempted by them. Like I need another kitchen appliance... But I am hoping if I get one kiddo would eat chicken fingers at home (he doesn't like them when I bake them) and of course make crispy french fries. I don't want a deep fryer. And I have enough AM to get one! There are a few options and I am not sure which is better, so any thoughts? Does anyone have one? I'm considering the Ninja Fryer or the Total Chef as they seem to be the least AM, but perhaps I should get a TFal, weren't they the first to come up with this? Should I or shouldn't I...

Hmmmmm .....................Hmmmmm
I am going to pass and delegate to someone who actually cooks ,,,lol.
Seriously though I have no experience with fryers. I know one of my sons got a new one recently and it was an Air fryer (he's vegetarian) and swears by the thing.
He comes home tomorrow and I;ll have to ask him what he bought.

Good luck Hon
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Air Fryers... I keep being tempted by them. Like I need another kitchen appliance... But I am hoping if I get one kiddo would eat chicken fingers at home (he doesn't like them when I bake them) and of course make crispy french fries. I don't want a deep fryer. And I have enough AM to get one! There are a few options and I am not sure which is better, so any thoughts? Does anyone have one? I'm considering the Ninja Fryer or the Total Chef as they seem to be the least AM, but perhaps I should get a TFal, weren't they the first to come up with this? Should I or shouldn't I...
I have an air fryer lid for my instant pot and I LOVE IT. I’m glad though that it repurposes an appliance I already have. I use it frequently for vegetables. - basically it’s similar to roasting them in the oven. I’ve also made home made chicken strips which are amazing - like infinitely better than any restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter