Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I sure hope so! I see a couple of things with that flag that I *might* be interested in buying PLUS they have my detergent on sale with miles & that rarely happens. I'll just hit up a store on my way home from my treatment on Friday. I expect the use cash miles to be an offer as well, they usually are included in the promos.

Yeah I saw a couple of things I need. I delayed picking up the Taco stuff for my Taco Tuesdays and I hope they are included.
I'm good for use 95 cash promo.
Maybe Shell will be included?
Well we will know by tomorrow.

Hugs Mel

you preference on the date of the transaction will determine which account the miles will end up posting to, doesn't matter when they actually appear in your account.
Reporting back! As you predicted, they came in at the settings of the date of transaction - 50/50. :)

Heads up for those in Atlantic Canada. Sobeys has 75/$10 cash miles this week. Offer is in the app!

I think we decided last night to delay our Disneyworld trip till April 2023. Kind of sad, but it gives us more time to save up for flights, so that will be good. We had discussed a quick Disneyland trip in the summer, we can drive down, so we will see. Maybe 3 nights or so.

Bonus boom offers are just ok. I'll probably just use the grocery ones (sobey's and safeway) and a gas one. Seems like a lot of work for 95 airmiles.

My last bonus boom hasn't posted yet. Hopefully soon.

i found another Sobeys to stop at on my way home this morning and while it was easier to get to and then continue home I left just as frustrated, I truly hate them now! Ok, ok that's a tad strong but i only really went for my laundry detergent and they didn't even have a spot on the shelf for it, looks like the Brita filter offer from 2 weeks ago all over again. I don't have the time or mental energy to go out of my way to walk out without the item i needed! I broke my cardinal rule as well and bought products strictly for the miles and then realized the return SUCKS after i got into the car, I need to go back in time and tell myself to THINK before putting stuff in the cart!! I bought the dang ice cream for hubby without really looking at the price - I just spent $21 on ice cream for a measly 30 miles FOOLISH!!! I'm not even sure if i can do 2 more of those offers.

Here's a better link for finding the Bonus Bust offers in one spot
BONUS BOOM/BUST OFFERS

Just looking over the offers and noticed that AMEX has a threshold spend this time around as well and it's EASIER if you ask me with a lower outlay of $$!!!!

You only need to OPT in thru the website or app BEFORE you make the purchase and then spend $100 at ANY stand alone grocery store to get 50 miles. No restrictions on what you buy and doesn't need to be a sponsor store. Suggestion might be to buy a gift card for an online store and then use it to complete that offer as well.

Just looking over the offers and noticed that AMEX has a threshold spend this time around as well and it's EASIER if you ask me with a lower outlay of $$!!!!

You only need to OPT in thru the website or app BEFORE you make the purchase and then spend $100 at ANY stand alone grocery store to get 50 miles. No restrictions on what you buy and doesn't need to be a sponsor store. Suggestion might be to buy a gift card for an online store and then use it to complete that offer as well.

It is only for the Platinum Amex Card

50 Bonus Miles
Opt in and get 50 Bonus Miles when you spend $100 or more at eligible stand-alone grocery stores in Canada with your American Express®* AIR MILES® Platinum Credit Card. Terms apply.*
Ends Wed, Sep 8
67028933-95ab-4c69-9e05-d82f7eb85162

Ready to use

Print

Terms + Conditions
* Offer valid from August 26, 2021 to September 8, 2021. To qualify for this offer:
• You must opt in for this offer before using your American Express®* AIR MILES® Platinum Credit Card to make a purchase. Purchases made prior to opting in for this offer are not eligible purchases.
• You must use your eligible American Express®* AIR MILES® Platinum Credit Card that is linked to the AIR MILES® Collector Number used to log into your Account on airmiles.ca and opt in for this offer.
• You must use the same American Express®* AIR MILES® Platinum Credit Card for purchases during the promotional period.
• Your American Express®* AIR MILES® Platinum Credit Card account that is linked to the Collector Number used to log into your Account on airmiles.ca and opt in for this offer must be in good standing at the time the Bonus Miles are awarded.
This offer can only be used once per AIR MILES Collector Number. This offer can be combined with other AIR MILES offers.
Opt-in requirements: to qualify for this offer, you must:
a) Log in to your AIR MILES Collector Account that is linked to your American Express®* AIR MILES® Platinum Credit Card and click the “Opt in” button or the “heart” icon on airmiles.ca/BonusBoom between August 26 and September 8, 2021. You will know when you are successfully opted in when the offer appears as “Ready to use.”
b) Make one single eligible grocery purchase or cumulative eligible grocery purchases that total $100 (CDN) or more using your eligible American Express®* AIR MILES® Platinum Credit Card between August 26 and September 8, 2021. Purchases charged to your American Express®* AIR MILES® Platinum Credit Card must be subsequently posted to your account by September 22, 2021 to qualify for this offer.
Eligible grocery purchases are purchases at stand-alone grocery stores in Canada using an eligible American Express®* AIR MILES® Platinum Credit Card. Purchases at merchants where this category is not their primary business such as general merchandise retailers do not qualify. Merchants are typically assigned codes and categorized based on what they sell. The following transactions are not eligible purchases for this offer: when the merchant code is not in an eligible category, using a payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone or online retailer that sells goods of other merchants or the merchant category is otherwise not identified. Returns, credits, adjustments, funds advances, interest, fees, balance transfers, Amex cheques and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for this offer.
This offer is valid only for the AIR MILES Collector Number you used to opt in associated with the eligible American Express®* AIR MILES® Platinum Credit Card account. A limit of one (1) offer applies per enrolled Collector Number during the promotion period. You can earn a maximum of 50 Bonus Miles per enrolled Collector Number during the offer period.
Please allow 90–120 days after the Bonus Offer end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to Collector Account.
®*,™* : Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express
®,™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. Partner, Supplier and Retailer trademarks are owned by the respective Partner, Supplier or Retailer or authorized for their use in Canada.

I tried the June Bonus Boom and it was messed up by Amazon, so I didn’t get the bonus AM. I hope it works this time. I held off buying things from Amazon and Global Pet Foods until yesterday. Global Pet Foods’ threshold has increased from $60 before I got a dog to $80, and this time it’s $100. AM hunting is getting harder and harder these days. I try to buy things that I need this time. Last time I bought the ice tea loaded with sugar. Cash outlay was low, but I regretted it.

Sobeys shop this morning
There was a great selection with 2023 expiry dates for the Campbells chunky soup
Jerk Chicken /rice , chicken pot pie, rib eye steak, vegetable Beef,
I picked up 10 cans for me and 10 for oldest son.
spend 50= 185 airmiles.
But it was very busy ,,,glad I was only picking these up.
I'll stick to during the week off hours.

Hugs
Mel

Today's a milestone for this community, it's been 6 years since I spied an offer in a Rexall flyer and started this thread. Who knew that we'd still be going strong this long? We've had over 3 MILLION views of this thread, 1456 pages of posts with a total of just over 29 THOUSAND posts and never slip below the first page of this forum.

We have become a close knit family, gone thru weddings & subsequent separations (our daughter had just been married in June 2015 and the separation will be finalized as soon as her witch of a still wife gets a flippin lawyer URGH), births of children & grandchildren, deaths of close friends & family members, new jobs & changes in careers, new houses & cross-country moves, and have seen the coming and going of posters with a very strong core group.

We've had exciting windfalls from sports drinks (hello @mort1331), pickles, ICE CREAM!, Rexall Wednesday triple-dipping coupons (just looked, my best haul was 3,500 for an outlay of $250!), Blue Fridays, Shop-the-Block, Mega Miles, failed online promos, & the current piddly Boom/Bust offers. We've had redemptions for things as large as a multi-family cruise, to numerous "items" like mixers, a sound bar & vacuum in this household & more suitcases that I can count for others, tons of flights, hotels & car rentals, with perhaps our most frequent redemptions being for attraction tickets. We're currently dealing with a global pandemic and supporting each other with care & compassion while helping to find the best deals and pointing out which ones aren't worth the effort to pursue.

Thanks to all of you who've joined me in this hunt & have given me a reason to get up this past year. I might whine & make a fuss to my hubby about the hassle created during any online promos and the time i need to devote to creating and supporting the promo threads BUT I truly LOVE the interaction and the purpose it provides to my life!!!

Today's a milestone for this community, it's been 6 years since I spied an offer in a Rexall flyer and started this thread. Who knew that we'd still be going strong this long? We've had over 3 MILLION views of this thread, 1456 pages of posts with a total of just over 29 THOUSAND posts and never slip below the first page of this forum.

We have become a close knit family, gone thru weddings & subsequent separations (our daughter had just been married in June 2015 and the separation will be finalized as soon as her witch of a still wife gets a flippin lawyer URGH), births of children & grandchildren, deaths of close friends & family members, new jobs & changes in careers, new houses & cross-country moves, and have seen the coming and going of posters with a very strong core group.

We've had exciting windfalls from sports drinks (hello @mort1331), pickles, ICE CREAM!, Rexall Wednesday triple-dipping coupons (just looked, my best haul was 3,500 for an outlay of $250!), Blue Fridays, Shop-the-Block, Mega Miles, failed online promos, & the current piddly Boom/Bust offers. We've had redemptions for things as large as a multi-family cruise, to numerous "items" like mixers, a sound bar & vacuum in this household & more suitcases that I can count for others, tons of flights, hotels & car rentals, with perhaps our most frequent redemptions being for attraction tickets. We're currently dealing with a global pandemic and supporting each other with care & compassion while helping to find the best deals and pointing out which ones aren't worth the effort to pursue.

Thanks to all of you who've joined me in this hunt & have given me a reason to get up this past year. I might whine & make a fuss to my hubby about the hassle created during any online promos and the time i need to devote to creating and supporting the promo threads BUT I truly LOVE the interaction and the purpose it provides to my life!!!

What a fabulous summary! Thanks for herding this flock, Donald, I mean Jacqueline! 🥰

Jacqueline
Thank you for starting this group.
I rarely post I know, but even from just reading the posts, I feel a part of this community.
And as such, I felt outrage for your daughter.
I love reading bits about each of you, and my AM game is night and day after finding this group.
We just (after ordering in April!!) received a bbq ordered through personal shopper after diverting our travel air miles for the year.
Thank you everyone
L

:grouphug:

group hugs and a big thanks to you, Jacqueline. you’re the very best

and i miss those rexall offers so much…

Mystery solved for those bonuses some of us got on the 23rd. Email from AM:

You may have noticed additional AIR MILES®Reward Miles in your Collector Account.​
Some BMO AIR MILES Credit Cards include a benefit1 of accelerated earn of AIR MILES at participating AIR MILES Partners. We recently learned that there was a gap in how participating stores were identified and, as a result, some customers were not issued these additional Miles when they used their eligible credit card at certain Sobeys and Shell locations. There was no impact on the issuance of AIR MILES connected to the base Offers at the identified locations.​
This issue has now been resolved and the missing Miles were posted to your AIR MILES Collector Account on August 23, 2021.​

No action is required by you and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

BMO Customer Service Team and the AIR MILES Reward Program

Mystery solved for those bonuses some of us got on the 23rd. Email from AM:

You may have noticed additional AIR MILES®Reward Miles in your Collector Account.​

Some BMO AIR MILES Credit Cards include a benefit1 of accelerated earn of AIR MILES at participating AIR MILES Partners. We recently learned that there was a gap in how participating stores were identified and, as a result, some customers were not issued these additional Miles when they used their eligible credit card at certain Sobeys and Shell locations. There was no impact on the issuance of AIR MILES connected to the base Offers at the identified locations.​

This issue has now been resolved and the missing Miles were posted to your AIR MILES Collector Account on August 23, 2021.​

No action is required by you and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

BMO Customer Service Team and the AIR MILES Reward Program
My (delayed) reaction (sorry got caught up in work lol):

gee, your system isn’t set up in a way that accurately calculates and posts AM?

I’m shocked.

Shocked, I tell you.

Never would have guessed.

Congrats to everyone for keeping this thing going....especially our leader. Thanks Jacqueline!!!
While I haven't posted much lately...I'm still here. I'm just in one of those dips in life where other things have taken over but at some point I'll dive back into AM. My main source of miles right now are Amex and Mastercard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter