Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I have been to all-inclusives in both locations and one thing I would say is if your son is even a little bit of a picky eater, you might want to consider Mexico over the DR because (imho) the food standards in Mexico are closer to our own.
One trip, my kids basically ate rice all week in a supposed Punta Cana 5 star resort (the resort rating system is very skewed) and one is a picky eater, one is not.
Just a thought.
The star ratings have nothing to do with how good the food is, how clean the property is or anything like that. The stars are given for amenities.

I sent in a request for a quote to the personal shopper, and this was their reply:

"Reward item: Disneyland Resort 2 Adult 2-Day Park Hopper Ticket September 17, 2021

AIR MILES Reward Miles Quote: 8,075 MILES"

It seems a little high, but I've got two week to decide if I want to go through them. I also saw that the Oogie Boogie Bash is back this year. Tickets go on sale on Tuesday, July 13. I may wait and see if I can get tickets to that before deciding what to do.
Oh wow. That seems…brutal. How long did it take for your quote? I’m still waiting from Monday…..

Well, I finally got a semi-decent amount of air miles at Sobeys today. We ran out of Mini wheats, and I had an offer in My Offers for 7 air miles if I bought one, saw they had the buy 3 get 30 air miles so stocked up. Also had an offer of spend $75 get 50 am, so managed that too. And redeemed 95 am for the bonus 25. So with a final spend of $73.67, got 156 air miles. I need every one of them too. I am trying to get enough to get our flights down to Florida next April so we can go on our Transatlantic cruise. I think I need about 800 more miles. Once things open up more (and safely, I hope) the air miles become easier to get. I already notice it's been slightly easier to earn them in the last couple of months.

Airmiles Web Site notice
SERVICE DISRUPTION:
We will be performing scheduled maintenance on July 11, 2021, from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m. ET. During this time, Collectors will not be able to log in to airmiles.ca, Mobile App and airmilesshops.ca.

Hugs
Mel

So does maintenance mean we might actually get some over due airmiles posted?
LOL

I sent in a request for a quote to the personal shopper, and this was their reply:

"Reward item: Disneyland Resort 2 Adult 2-Day Park Hopper Ticket September 17, 2021

AIR MILES Reward Miles Quote: 8,075 MILES"

It seems a little high, but I've got two week to decide if I want to go through them. I also saw that the Oogie Boogie Bash is back this year. Tickets go on sale on Tuesday, July 13. I may wait and see if I can get tickets to that before deciding what to do.
Yes, I checked this afternoon too. With today’s exchange rate, the 2 x 2 day 2 park passes are approx. $704.00 cad.

Doing the “Air Miles math” (Donald, please correct me if I’m wrong), 8075am = $850 cad.

My biggest concern is going ahead with the passes from the personal shopper, and then having Red Tag finally post them for a significantly lower amount of air miles.
Oh wow. That seems…brutal. How long did it take for your quote? I’m still waiting from Monday…..

I've been following along to see what the current math is for getting tickets using the personal shopper. I glanced back thru a couple of posts and found that in 2019 the formula we worked out was every 1 USD was *costing* 14.2 miles and this quote works out to 13.92 miles, makes me VERY HAPPY to see it hasn't jumped! I would say go for it if that's something you are wanting to buy anyways?

You all know how we look at everything that we redeem our miles for - FREE so when i can use them for something I actually want but would shudder at spending the money I don't have a problem using them. Would I ever pay over $150 for a vacuum? Hell to the no but would i use miles for one that costs close to $800, damn straight I did! I LOVE it and can't think of a better use for those miles.

I've been following along to see what the current math is for getting tickets using the personal shopper. I glanced back thru a couple of posts and found that in 2019 the formula we worked out was every 1 USD was *costing* 14.2 miles and this quote works out to 13.92 miles, makes me VERY HAPPY to see it hasn't jumped! I would say go for it if that's something you are wanting to buy anyways?

You all know how we look at everything that we redeem our miles for - FREE so when i can use them for something I actually want but would shudder at spending the money I don't have a problem using them. Would I ever pay over $150 for a vacuum? Hell to the no but would i use miles for one that costs close to $800, damn straight I did! I LOVE it and can't think of a better use for those miles.
Ooo, thanks for this!

I just looked back in my purchase history.

Both were not cdn res tix

2015 - 5day PH - 3200
2019 - 5day PH - 4750

and based on your calculation - this shopper should come back with 5777ish for a 5day PH.

I’m so curious if that will end up being more or less AM than the redtag tix.

Has anyone used redtag.ca / air miles to book an all inclusive? Every time I do a mock booking, I get connecting flights, nothing direct. I know right now it is likely due to Covid, but even before the pandemic this would happen.

Does redtag not sell direct charter flights (i.e. YHZ to PUJ)?

This makes me very happy! For the first time that I can remember, one of the online promos worked for me AND it even included an order thru Amazon! I didn't really pay much attention to the categories I ordered things from but did notice that most of what i needed fell under the very broad category of "home"!! Amazon placed on Friday and delivered around 9 pm last night, Well .ca ordered around 5:30 last night and supposed to arrive by tomorrow (they are only 15 minutes from here)
Not sure if I'll make the rest of the threshold or not - first I'm not exactly sure how much of Amazon order counted and 2nd I don't think we need anything at the moment!

My AM's are about to take a big hit. We bit the bullet and canceled our B2B cruise in October, rescheduled for next October, and I will be getting about $2000 refunded to my credit card. That, of course, means the CC will be clawing back the AM's for those funds as well. I wonder how that will work though. Will they use the old rate of 1 AM for every $10 or the new rate, whatever that is, haven't figured it all out yet.

I couldn’t shop giggling when I read the comment about how the land border thread and how it gets off topic.. I am glad the same isn’t said for this post. Airmiles and airmiles only .. ha ha
I think I will grab our universal tickets soon as it looks more and more likely..
so we have flights out of both Syracuse and Toronto for same days and we’re going to use whatever is easier. Syracuse JetBlue travel bank expires in June so we started digging around and it’s same price to fly until LAX as MCO Easter week . Big kid and I have been to DL and whale watching and Hollywood , littles have not.. so we may cancel our xmas flights out of Syracuse and rebook to Cali. Candy cane inn is $189 a night and we love it so close .. I mean I would try for grand California but over Easter I think my luck would be better winning the lottery. Maybe rent this years points and stay paradise pier ? For 2 nights Candy cane the rest .. this wasn’t even a thought until yesterday sigh and now I need to pull trigger before prices go up up and away ….

We watched Luca last night, it was cute and Jackson said it wasn't what he expected (apparently he saw clips on TikTok and thought he knew what the movie was all about). Now he wants to go to Italy. So... I think those flights are going to be a lot of airmiles!! And probably long. I have some I was going to use to book flights for December, but since I'm probably cancelling that trip, I guess I have a few as a starting point.

we do a fairly good job at staying at least close to on topic here but given that this thread has been very active for almost 6 years and has never slipped past the first page we have become a rather tight-knit family. If a certain topic seems to be generating traction a new thread will spin-off and most of those also seem to do well. I do tend to be a frequent offender by posting things that have no connection to the hunt but I consider you all my family.

since I've mentioned I go off topic how about a little peek into how Mocha's settling in? She's discovered the backyard and screams at me until I open the door in the morning for her

Screenshot_20210713-094846_Gallery.jpg
Sure loves her Catnip and after a good play session some serious napping is in order
Screenshot_20210713-095102_Gallery.jpg

And full body scritches from hubby leads to half closed eyes and tongue blips!

Screenshot_20210713-095145_Gallery.jpg

I couldn’t shop giggling when I read the comment about how the land border thread and how it gets off topic.. I am glad the same isn’t said for this post. Airmiles and airmiles only .. ha ha
I think I will grab our universal tickets soon as it looks more and more likely..
so we have flights out of both Syracuse and Toronto for same days and we’re going to use whatever is easier. Syracuse JetBlue travel bank expires in June so we started digging around and it’s same price to fly until LAX as MCO Easter week . Big kid and I have been to DL and whale watching and Hollywood , littles have not.. so we may cancel our xmas flights out of Syracuse and rebook to Cali. Candy cane inn is $189 a night and we love it so close .. I mean I would try for grand California but over Easter I think my luck would be better winning the lottery. Maybe rent this years points and stay paradise pier ? For 2 nights Candy cane the rest .. this wasn’t even a thought until yesterday sigh and now I need to pull trigger before prices go up up and away ….
We prefer to fly out of Syracuse for the simple reason customs is so easy. Toronto can be a nightmare for that. The only reason we don’t like doing Syracuse in the winter months is the weather is so unpredictable. We once drove from here to Watertown one November just as a day trip. The sky was clear here however by the time we were half way there it had turned into a blizzard. We did make it all the way but by that time it was so bad you couldn’t see 10 feet in front of you so we decided to just go right back home without doing any shopping. By the time we made it back to the Canadian border the sun was shining bright and there was no sign it had snowed at all. They have a bizarre snow belt.

We watched Luca last night, it was cute and Jackson said it wasn't what he expected (apparently he saw clips on TikTok and thought he knew what the movie was all about). Now he wants to go to Italy. So... I think those flights are going to be a lot of airmiles!! And probably long. I have some I was going to use to book flights for December, but since I'm probably cancelling that trip, I guess I have a few as a starting point.
We are ending up in Rome on our Transatlantic cruise in May next year. I tried to look for flights via airmiles but it said they weren't available. I was looking for flights to Winnipeg, so something may come up for Toronto. The flight I got goes to Calgary and is about 11 hours long. Total travel time for us is 16 hours from Rome to Winnipeg. My son wants us to go the cat sanctuary when we are in Rome 😊

We prefer to fly out of Syracuse for the simple reason customs is so easy. Toronto can be a nightmare for that. The only reason we don’t like doing Syracuse in the winter months is the weather is so unpredictable. We once drove from here to Watertown one November just as a day trip. The sky was clear here however by the time we were half way there it had turned into a blizzard. We did make it all the way but by that time it was so bad you couldn’t see 10 feet in front of you so we decided to just go right back home without doing any shopping. By the time we made it back to the Canadian border the sun was shining bright and there was no sign it had snowed at all. They have a bizarre snow belt.

absolutely I have flights out of both . If I move the Syracuse flights to April ha ha I should be safer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter