Airmiles Armchair Chatter

If anyone has anything they are wanting to order online it's a good time to do that right now!

Bonus Boom/Bust - spend $80 get 40

Onyx Members get 3X the miles until the 30th
Gold Member get 2X the miles until the 30th

Off to see I can pull together an $80 order or not!

Update on our plans because, well, your my people!

we've both agreed we really really REALLY want to spend the entire trip in the bubble with perhaps a night or 2 at Universal first. Don't want to stay off-site because we're spoiled! We're leaning towards renting points for DVC and stringing a bunch of reservations together. Means going with David's probably for the number we'd need for a month. I pulled up their calculator and it was interesting to see the difference between the time of year AND which resorts are more $ I KNOW the prices I'm seeing have nothing to do with the actual availability just curious!

Hubby is almost more excited than i am! For those of you who've stayed at any of these resorts sell me on your favourites. I would love to stay in a one bedroom not sure if we can afford that (Already in love with OKW but found it just a tad removed from everything and a studio felt cramped with the 2 beds)

Hubby is pushing for February 2023 now to give us more time to earn miles for hotel at airports AND possibly 2 annual passes so I guess i need to kick my collecting back into high gear :P

we've both agreed we really really REALLY want to spend the entire trip in the bubble with perhaps a night or 2 at Universal first. Don't want to stay off-site because we're spoiled! We're leaning towards renting points for DVC and stringing a bunch of reservations together. Means going with David's probably for the number we'd need for a month. I pulled up their calculator and it was interesting to see the difference between the time of year AND which resorts are more $ I KNOW the prices I'm seeing have nothing to do with the actual availability just curious!

Hubby is almost more excited than i am! For those of you who've stayed at any of these resorts sell me on your favourites. I would love to stay in a one bedroom not sure if we can afford that (Already in love with OKW but found it just a tad removed from everything and a studio felt cramped with the 2 beds)

Hubby is pushing for February 2023 now to give us more time to earn miles for hotel at airports AND possibly 2 annual passes so I guess i need to kick my collecting back into high gear :P

honestly, OKW seems like a great choice for you to me. i feel like being so close to disney springs would be great, especially since you will eat most of your meals in the bubble.

we stayed in a poly studio a few years ago and it was wonderful. the bed was not a king, which i remember was on your list. but it was one bed and one couch, so it felt spacious. the studios have 2 bathrooms, so you could easily get ready together and then head to the parks! i loved going back and forth a few times a day (we had to for nap time, but it would be super convenient even without a lil one setting the schedule) if you split some time and did a week somewhere in the action, then some time at OKW, you might get the best of both worlds :)

That's pretty exciting! Are you going to stay at a bunch of different places? I've never stayed DVC but we loved Yacht Club and that whole area so Beach Club or Boardwalk would get a vote from me :) I've always wanted to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge too, seeing the wildlife right there would be very nice I think. Have fun planning!

I have adjusted all my travel plans and cancelled my two hotel reservations for December. AM were back within minutes. Which is good as I needed to rebook one of them to something closer to the airport and plan to use the rest to book flights. I've moved one cruise to March and added Disney to that and will move my Air Canada flights to then as well. I'll use AM to get WestJet flights for December and make that trip shorter, with the cruise and then some Disney. And hopefully the cruise and travel will be possible. Kiddo won't be vaccinated by then, but if he has to isolate when we get back it's the two weeks over Christmas holidays so not really missing much (except possibly family celebration).

I have adjusted all my travel plans and cancelled my two hotel reservations for December. AM were back within minutes. Which is good as I needed to rebook one of them to something closer to the airport and plan to use the rest to book flights. I've moved one cruise to March and added Disney to that and will move my Air Canada flights to then as well. I'll use AM to get WestJet flights for December and make that trip shorter, with the cruise and then some Disney. And hopefully the cruise and travel will be possible. Kiddo won't be vaccinated by then, but if he has to isolate when we get back it's the two weeks over Christmas holidays so not really missing much (except possibly family celebration).

what are your current dates ? We are sticking with dec 16-28 boys will probably miss a week school as they won’t be vaxxed yet. Not sure how I will deal with that one but we will figure it out..

what are your current dates ? We are sticking with dec 16-28 boys will probably miss a week school as they won’t be vaxxed yet. Not sure how I will deal with that one but we will figure it out..

Dec 3 to 19, but I am going to change the flights to come home on the 17th. And I know he will miss some school, but I am just not really caring right now. He will be in grade 7, and that is if he stays, we homeschooled this year and he really learned a lot and grew so much. It was nice to watch after a rough few months at the start. He wants to return to school in the fall but I am bot sure how well he will do.

Dec 3 to 19, but I am going to change the flights to come home on the 17th. And I know he will miss some school, but I am just not really caring right now. He will be in grade 7, and that is if he stays, we homeschooled this year and he really learned a lot and grew so much. It was nice to watch after a rough few months at the start. He wants to return to school in the fall but I am bot sure how well he will do.

right my littles are going back BUT honestly they managed remote all year. They will miss a week quarantining when we get back but I’m sure they can make grade 2 and 4 up . DD may have to share the week quarantine denied of on what I’m doing for work ..

Just placed an order with Jamieson vitamins, I was so happy when i discovered them during the online promo (that i really need to chase down at some point!) and I should get a few miles for them PLUS they have a contest on their website right now and I won 25% off my order!

Pretax total $85.46
Base miles = 4
Site bonus of 5X = 16 (20 - the 4 base miles)
ONXY bonus of 3X = 8 (12 - the 4 base miles)
Bonus Boom/Bust (depends if I finish 3 or not looking like a huge bust!) = 0 because i was too slow :P
total miles = 28
total savings though? $28.58 the dollar still rules my shopping!

Air Miles flights question here. If I book Air Canada flights, can I add my aeroplan number after I make the booking to earn the miles?

Okay thanks. I didn't think so, but I couldn't remember. Likely because air miles use the cheapest seats, which also wouldn't allow miles to be collected.

I got Aeroplan points when I booked AC flights using my World Elite BMO card (non AM one), but not getting any when I booked with AM.

Donald - my hero

Here is a place I have been watching
The New ***Swan Reserve***
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcokc-walt-disney-world-swan-reserve/
https://swandolphin.com/our-resorts/
Often Swan & Dolphin offer businesses great hotel rates.
They offer great business centers too!
I don't know if either of you are here yet but
Senior Citizens Are Entitled To A Special Rate
If you’re 62 years or older, you can save up to 25% on your room rate at our award winning resorts are located in the heart of Walt Disney World making this the perfect location for a special getaway. Enjoy entertainment, activities, dining and more during your stay.
For Reservations: Contact us at 1-888-828-8850 and ask for promotional code SENIOR CITIZEN RATE or when booking online, make sure Promotional Code S9R appears in the Corporate/Promo code box. Proof of age required at check-in to receive this offer.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Donald - my hero

Here is a place I have been watching
The New ***Swan Reserve***
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcokc-walt-disney-world-swan-reserve/
https://swandolphin.com/our-resorts/
Often Swan & Dolphin offer businesses great hotel rates.
They offer great business centers too!
I don't know if either of you are here yet but
Senior Citizens Are Entitled To A Special Rate
If you’re 62 years or older, you can save up to 25% on your room rate at our award winning resorts are located in the heart of Walt Disney World making this the perfect location for a special getaway. Enjoy entertainment, activities, dining and more during your stay.
For Reservations: Contact us at 1-888-828-8850 and ask for promotional code SENIOR CITIZEN RATE or when booking online, make sure Promotional Code S9R appears in the Corporate/Promo code box. Proof of age required at check-in to receive this offer.

Hugs
Mel

I’ve been watching this property too!
Also, with Marriott, typically their AAA rates (or CAA rates) are lower, same or very close to senior rate. For that hotel they are $1 more. So if you’re not 62+…do AAA.

Also, even if you’re not AAA check those rates, because on my last 12 day trip to Anaheim, I saved over $300 on my accommodation. So, I registered w/CAand then booked my hotel. Certainly worth the $80 membership lol

another “pro-tip” try code THM for any marriotts near a theme park or attraction. (Pre-covid) - the Marriott, Sheraton and Courtyard in Anaheim had excellent packages. For the marriott and sheraton, it would be about $60 extra a night over the cheapest room rate available, include parking (~$20/night), 4 shuttle passes per day for ART (about $25/night - and last time they gave me a cash refund for any passes I didn’t want) and a $100 Disney giftcard per night. So $145 value on an extra $60 making the room roughly $85 cheaper. Plus, you earn Marriott points on the whole purchase price - which on packages like that REALLY add up fast.

I’ve seen this code work in other locations - although only rarely since covid.

Pre-covid I’d stay 90+ Nights/year at Marriott properties. And have not stayed at a hotel since mar 2020. So weird how much our lives change, eh?

Ok, I can’t resist - two last pro-tips:

1. The rates on the website and on the app are often different - so check both. I have no idea why. It’s so weird and sometimes the website is cheaper and sometimes the app is cheaper.

2. even if you don’t have AAA, click that box anyways and I find it forces the website to reveal the “package rates” tab and you can often find really interesting rates in there that offer extra value.

Great potential pop a polooza on our hands and I don't drink the stuff anymore. I wasn't going to go to Sobeys until tomorrow but now... might have to head out there as well. Report back Mel. Inquiring minds want to know.
Went to Safeway this morning and saw a flyer correction notice at customer service saying no AirMiles for the 2L pop. So I picked up 6 off the display since we’ll drink it anyways. However when I got to the pop aisle, they had blue AM tags with the 0.95 and buy 4 get 40 AM on the shelf. So I picked up 2 more to make it 8. Didn’t ring up at register but customer service credited me the 80AM without hassle since it’s on the shelf tag.

Has Foodland/Sobey changed their posting dates? It used to be that I'd shop on Sunday, and the AM were added on the Thursday following. I shopped on the 20th and still no points. The use 95 AM posted right away (so -95 points) but nothing from Foodland. Is that the norm these days? Fingers crossed for this Thursday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter