• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I'm waiting on the offer from September, make 3 $10 purchases get 500 miles.

Me too....I was told I have to wait for BMO to post it and they told me I have to wait the 90 days. I'm currently waiting for over 900 points from various offers...it's getting a little annoying, especially when so many others have already received many of these offers...all of my points seem to post at the last minute (90-120 day mark) or I have to chase them down. :( Rant done lol

Last edited:
I read an article the other day talking about how Canadians are more reward driven than any other purchasers in the world! We apparently have more loyalty programmes and a lot of us plan our spending around those bonuses (and my wallet/keychain are both a testament to that :P ) HOWEVER, there are also a lot of people who leave those earned rewards sitting on the table.

Related to Airmiles, i read a post on Facebook last week that had me actually stop and yell out loud ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! Someone commented on one of the posts that Airmiles made about this year's StB "I'm still waiting for my miles from last year to post, when will that happen?" How on earth could you leave 2,000 miles sitting out there if you earned them?? Why would you wait a year to chase them down??

LOL clearly not a member of this forum!

I actually had a belly laugh at both of these posts. We definitely would be teaching this person how to go after them for those miles!!!!! At least she knows and hasn't forgotten about them. So hopefully she will be able to collect them now.

Me too....I was told I have to wait for BMO to post it and they told me I have to wait the 90 days. I'm currently waiting for over 900 points from various offers...it's getting a little annoying, especially when so many others have already received many of these offers...all of my points seem to post at the last minute (90-120 day mark) or I have to chase them down. :( Rant done lol

I'm waiting for 900+ as well! I like the line "Don't you worry! Those hard earned miles will show up!" um, right. Sure.

I actually had a belly laugh at both of these posts. We definitely would be teaching this person how to go after them for those miles!!!!! At least she knows and hasn't forgotten about them. So hopefully she will be able to collect them now.
There was actually a discussion that the rep suggested she take to a private message because apparently she had 1 year from the beginning of the promo,which has passed, to claim the miles!
FOOLISH MORTAL

Last edited:
Remember that crazy promotion August 24-26, swipe 5 times get 55AM (or some variation on that)? The Terms and Conditions say they should post within 90 days. We have now surpassed that so its time to follow up for anyone who didn't receive theirs back mid-October.

Oh geez, I can't tell if I got those miles or not. Anyone have the original email still? I usually save those emails until my miles get posted, then delete.

Oh right! Hmm, I can't remember if I did this or not and of course, my Trash email doesn't go back that far!

I have a folder within my email that is labeled Airmiles and everything gets dumped in there if i think i might ever need to follow up -- only delete things from AM and/or partners that i know i won't be doing. I've also been known to keep things that might be needed here!

I'm waiting on the offer from September, make 3 $10 purchases get 500 miles.

I remember that offer, that we did NOT get for either card :(

Just did an online chat about the Gold/Onyx email and both accounts were credited super quickly, no questions asked.

BTW everyone, Samantha says hello! She has to be the BEST agent AM has and she remembered that i keep this group active and wondered how many people have redeemed for Disney tickets!

Just did an online chat about the Gold/Onyx email and both accounts were credited super quickly, no questions asked.
Just checked my airmiles account and I have 50 air miles bonus onyx offer. You must have rubbed off on them and they knew to give me my points. :worship: I thought that I had just done 3 transaction so thought that I should only get the 35 unless this is some other onyx offer that I can't remember but I will take the airmiles anyway.

Just checked my airmiles account and I have 50 air miles bonus onyx offer. You must have rubbed off on them and they knew to give me my points. :worship: I thought that I had just done 3 transaction so thought that I should only get the 35 unless this is some other onyx offer that I can't remember but I will take the airmiles anyway.
Looks like I still have to chase down those 35 air miles as I went thru my old emails and I found one that if you collected 100 miles at any Air Miles Partner between Nov 2-Nov 4 you could earn 50 bonus miles so those must have posted today.

I just popped in to say my 50 bonus miles STB Metro catering posted. Did anyone else's?

What did your posting line say on Airmiles. Mine appeared as this.

17 Nov 18
Metro_Logo_S.jpg
METRO VIEWMOUNT PLAZA BONUS REWARD MILES ON PRODUCT +50
17 Nov 18
Metro_Logo_S.jpg
METRO VIEWMOUNT PLAZA 1 REWARD MILE PER $20 +1

I just had to share my Disney excitement with my Disney AirMiles family....My Mom and I were chosen to be the Grand Marshals for the Festival of the Fantasy parade today at the Magic Kingdom!!!!!!

wow, sounds amazing! huge congratulations to you, and i bet its a wonderful memory you’ll both cherish. i’d love to hear all about your experience sometime, when you’ve got the time to tell us about it.

Still waiting for any of the AirMilesShops base or bonus miles to post from last week’s 10x and 15x. All my orders shipped too.

2 are frozen in time by Canada Post :(

I think 2 of my Sobeys targeted email spend $100+ get 75AM bonus posted. I saw an extra 150AM from Sobeys yesterday and I’ve done 2 shops so I’m guessing that was it :)

Still waiting for any of the AirMilesShops base or bonus miles to post from last week’s 10x and 15x. All my orders shipped too.

2 are frozen in time by Canada Post :(

I'm waiting for my Roots to post. My daughter has made multiple purchases and none have posted.

None of my online orders have posted yet .. but worse?? I've started getting the stupid "Delivery Exception" notifications from Canada Post even though i have Amazon Prime, soooo not impressed!!!!!!!!!!!! Can anyone explain to me why they sent part of my order from Mississauga to flippin Ottawa?!?!?! and now this is showing up: DO they have the nerve to say a strike (which is supposed to be over) is a natural disaster :P
Wednesday, 28 November

12:01 AM

Delay in delivery due to weather or natural disaster

OTTAWA, ON CA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter