• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Wait wait wait? I need some for work............:car: I am willing to drive BUT the Harry Potter movies are on TV and I am having a hard time doing anything but watching them.lol
what exactly is the deal on the napkins?
Thanks
Hugs Mel
Buy 1 package, and they are on sale for $1.79, and get 15 AM. That's right 1 package for 15 AM's. Excellent deal wouldn't you say??

ETA-- They are 100 packs. And I had to tear myself away from Potter as well. :)

Buy 1 package, and they are on sale for $1.79, and get 15 AM. That's right 1 package for 15 AM's. Excellent deal wouldn't you say??

ETA-- They are 100 packs. And I had to tear myself away from Potter as well. :)

Thanks Hon
I'm on my way!

We have a breakfast program at my school.
Donations of napkins are always welcome...Yeah HP!!
Thanks again
Mel

I was doing some Disney Springs hotels research and confirmed like @ottawamom had mentioned, they have announced extra benefits through 2019!!

So essential considering this will give us access to Extra Magic Hours and 60 day Fastpass+ booking. Hoping we are there right after Star Wars Galaxy's Edge has opened (we are planning for Nov 13-22 2019). You KNOW we will need Fastpasses for that!!

http://disneyspringshotels.com/more-disney-magic/

This means I will definitely be saving up about 3000AM extra so we can stay at one of the Disney Springs Official hotels. :) Good news is I'll have 500AM from MissFresh, 500AM from this new Mastercard offer, and 1000AM from the AirMilesShops promo coming in between now and when I would need to book my hotel and flights! :)

I was doing some Disney Springs hotels research and confirmed like @ottawamom had mentioned, they have announced extra benefits through 2019!!

So essential considering this will give us access to Extra Magic Hours and 60 day Fastpass+ booking. Hoping we are there right after Star Wars Galaxy's Edge has opened (we are planning for Nov 13-22 2019). You KNOW we will need Fastpasses for that!!

http://disneyspringshotels.com/more-disney-magic/

This means I will definitely be saving up about 3000AM extra so we can stay at one of the Disney Springs Official hotels. :) Good news is I'll have 500AM from MissFresh, 500AM from this new Mastercard offer, and 1000AM from the AirMilesShops promo coming in between now and when I would need to book my hotel and flights! :)
Do they offer transportation from/to the airport? Which hotel is closest to Disney Springs? This sounds intriguing.

Do they offer transportation from/to the airport? Which hotel is closest to Disney Springs? This sounds intriguing.
No, the off-site hotels don't have shuttle service but one of the BEST uses of our AM was 2 one day, one way car rentals when we stayed at the Dolphin. There was no way we were gonna pay to park the car the entire week and we weren't excited about using a shuttle service. I tinkered around with the times i needed it for (remember, a car rental period is for 24 hours from pick up NOT what you book it for) and the one direction was under $10 for the taxes and the other was $15-ish. Even adding the booking fee to AM is was cheaper than any other option and super convenient. There are several locations within the Disney Springs area and since they are within different counties they have different rates (odd but true!) so poke around the site and try different options. Most of the locations have shuttles and even if you choose the Car Care Centre they will drop you off and pick you up at Disney Springs

Just did a mock reservation for a random date -- Oct 10th pick up at MCO at 3:00 and drop off at CCC Oct 10th at 4:00

• compact car - 400 AM and $12.31 USD for taxes
  • minvan 780 Am and $16.94 USD for taxes
other directions --same number of AM but only $8.58 USD for the compact or $13.21 USD for taxes (less for pickups not at airport locations)

I'm back and was able to get 6 packages of napkins,,,,I asked a cashier to check for me and they are getting more in tomorrow,,I'll check back with them on Tuesday. In my store the airmiles and the sale price was not advertised.
I also got some blue recycling bags buy 2 at $6.99 each get 10 airmiles and some strawberry /banana Oasis juice boxes,buy 2 at $2.99 each get 10 airmiles.
Thanks Tinkerone
Hugs Mel

@osully , the another option for getting to/from the hotels @ Disney Springs is a car service. It's been years since we took one but they will do a round trip service at the times you request. These days of course there is also Uber, and you can go on the local website and see what the trip to/from the airport will set you back. Check options out over on the Transportation Board there's lots of good info there.

Just a reminder, don't forget to use the Royal e-gift card deal.

https://ultimate.royalepromotions.ca/en/

Found this on the current Foodland Ontario flyer if you haven't used the Royale promotions yet! I am going to try buying six packages and see if I get 30 bonus airmiles.

View attachment 347996View attachment 347996
Just a reminder, don't forget to use the Royal e-gift card deal.

https://ultimate.royalepromotions.ca/en/

upload_2018-9-3_10-27-54.png

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1
So I don't need another credit card BUT since they are offering me 500 airmiles I thought what the Hey. Regular BMO Airmiles Mastercard.
The email said 8-10 day wait time for card and 45 days for posting of the airmiles.

Anyone know if I can do the BMO Mastercard offer everyone is doing or do I need an email offer?
Spend $20.00 at 3 Partners.Staples, Rona, Rexall, Sobeys, Metro,Foodland and Shell.

Thanks
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Hubby doesn't like when I let people know we're not home but ... I don't think any of you have any real idea where we live ... we're sitting in Billy Bishop Airport waiting to head off to the Soo using our AM. Weather shows thunderstorms for the day we're riding the Agawa train sigh

Hubby doesn't like when I let people know we're not home but ... I don't think any of you have any real idea where we live ... we're sitting in Billy Bishop Airport waiting to head off to the Soo using our AM. Weather shows thunderstorms for the day we're riding the Agawa train sigh
That still sounds amazing, rain or not. Can't wait to hear how you liked it. My sister-in-law wants us to do that with them.

I don't have anyone starting school today but I rescued a young man who lives down the street. He was to wait for the bus at X and Y streets. In our little neighbourhood X and Y streets meet at 3 different places. I went out after the bus should have come by and he was standing outside his home. No one home for the day(all at work). He didn't know his dad's phone #. We had the little chat about not getting in the car with strangers (he has seen me walking my dog all summer but he doesn't know me). He said I looked like a nice lady an he felt OK with getting in the car with me. No other option, I had to drive him to school, I couldn't leave him sitting outside of his house. Took him to the school office (new school for him) and explained the situation to the school secretary. Told her the streets cross at three different places and that's where the confusion started. She was going to make sure he knew which one to stand at tomorrow.

I just don't get people, maybe the dad had no other choice, he had to get to work but what would the little guy have done if I hadn't come along. Our neighbourhood cleans out of people for the work day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter